Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So who are in the squad so far?

The squad so far seems to be: Dormer,Dumas,Wareham,Bricknell,FLACK,Shave,& Buckfield from last season plus new signings of Cousins,Shinn,Baker,Walker & Slater.

Have I missed any news on McSweeney,Beale,Burbridge,Semanshia & Marron?

This is turning into a very interesting close season. First we release some good players, then we lose some players we want to keep,and now we have already signed 5 good new players. League teams are only just announcing their released players which will lead to a trickle down effect and make further players available,and we still have the pre-season friendlies to try out some more players!

McSweeney has gone Grays Athletic. More info is on the official site. Another big loss for us as when fit is a fantastic player and has been for years for us.

No news yet on semanshia, beale, burburdgeand marron though unless i have missed something?

So,another player on the injured list for a season repays the club. He was a great player for us and I understand that if he gets the chance to move up a couple of levels it is hard to resist,but it is amazing that two players injured for the season manage to move up without playing. Lets hope a new right back arrives soon.

It's a shame to see Macca go especially after his last season with us was obliterated with injury. Although I'm disappointed I can't really begrudge him a move two levels higher especially if he's been given a contract at Grays.

Personally I would be more bothered about finding a centre back, than a right back. I'd be telling Wayne he's my starting right back and going from there.

Good luck to Macca - he's been a good player for us over a number of seasons now. Represents something of a gamble for Grays given that he hasn't kicked a ball since the autumn, but that is their problem now.

It does save us from having to make a decision about how much we could depend on a player coming back from a long term injury like that - I quite like JL's suggestion about giving Wayne his chance. We'll definitely need mobile full backs if we're going with Beale and Cousins at CB.

Anyway the team as it stands could look a little like this:

Walker

Dumas Cousins Beale Semanshia

Wareham Dormer Shinn Slatter

Baker Flack

Subs:

Bricknell, Burbridge, Shave, Marron, Buckfield

Originally Posted By: Onthesidelines
So,another player on the injured list for a season repays the club. He was a great player for us and I understand that if he gets the chance to move up a couple of levels it is hard to resist,but it is amazing that two players injured for the season manager to move up without playing. Lets hope a new right back arrives soon.

Well, that is a "bitter" goodbye and one that Macca doesn't deserve. He has been a good servent to the club and I and I hope others wish him well.

Thanks Macca and good luck. Come down and see us if and when you get a chance.

Si, your team is back to front...left backs where right backs should be a vice versa!!! evil2

OK,so please explain why the two can not be compared. I am not in the know just on the sidelines but on the face of it there is some similarity. We wanted both to stay after being injured for the season and both decided to leave and join higher league clubs. Matt Game disappointed all and sundry while Dave McSweeney goes with best wishes. The only difference I can see is that one has gone up one level and the other has gone up two. Does that account for it?

Originally Posted By: Onthesidelines
OK,so please explain why the two can not be compared. I am not in the know just on the sidelines but on the face of it there is some similarity. We wanted both to stay after being injured for the season and both decided to leave and join higher league clubs. Matt Game disappointed all and sundry while Dave McSweeney goes with best wishes. The only difference I can see is that one has gone up one level and the other has gone up two. Does that account for it?

Beacuse they can't...two different players and two different circumstances. Just because they were both injured last season, the similarity stops there. Of course, I'm sure there are variety of other reasons why but IMO, they are not for discolsure on this forum. Macca has served the club well and his move was made for his own reasons and we have accepted it. We move on, all be it disapointed but not to the point of not wishing well.

Do you think that every player that leaves the club, leaves under a cloud of conspiracy?

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC

Do you think that every player that leaves the club, leaves under a cloud of conspiracy?

Aha the plot thickens. evil

To be fair you can't really compare the two.

Good luck to macca, we will miss him both on and off the pitch but the opportunity to go full time at Grays in todays economic climate was obviously a chance he had to take.

Lets hope we see him back at some time whether playing in an essex cup game or just visiting.

Originally Posted By: Simon BTFC
Good luck to Macca - he's been a good player for us over a number of seasons now. Represents something of a gamble for Grays given that he hasn't kicked a ball since the autumn, but that is their problem now.

It does save us from having to make a decision about how much we could depend on a player coming back from a long term injury like that - I quite like JL's suggestion about giving Wayne his chance. We'll definitely need mobile full backs if we're going with Beale and Cousins at CB.

Anyway the team as it stands could look a little like this:

Walker
Dumas Cousins Beale Semanshia
Wareham Dormer Shinn Slatter
Baker Flack

Subs:
Bricknell, Burbridge, Shave, Marron, Buckfield

As someone who does'nt watch the Billericay games as much as you do, I find it interesting that you have left Bricknell out of the side as he was your top scorer last season.

Do you think someone who has scored as many goals as he has in the last 2 seasons will be happy as a sub?

I know of a few clubs who will now be monitoring the situation.