Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Onthesidelines

So who are in the squad so far?

OK,so please explain why the two can not be compared. I am not in the know just on the sidelines but on the face of it there is some similarity. We wanted both to stay after being injured for the season and both decided to leave and join higher league clubs. Matt Game disappointed all and sundry while Dave McSweeney goes with best wishes. The only difference I can see is that one has gone up one level and the other has gone up two. Does that account for it?

Originally Posted By: Onthesidelines
OK,so please explain why the two can not be compared. I am not in the know just on the sidelines but on the face of it there is some similarity. We wanted both to stay after being injured for the season and both decided to leave and join higher league clubs. Matt Game disappointed all and sundry while Dave McSweeney goes with best wishes. The only difference I can see is that one has gone up one level and the other has gone up two. Does that account for it?

Beacuse they can't...two different players and two different circumstances. Just because they were both injured last season, the similarity stops there. Of course, I'm sure there are variety of other reasons why but IMO, they are not for discolsure on this forum. Macca has served the club well and his move was made for his own reasons and we have accepted it. We move on, all be it disapointed but not to the point of not wishing well.

Do you think that every player that leaves the club, leaves under a cloud of conspiracy?

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC

Do you think that every player that leaves the club, leaves under a cloud of conspiracy?

Aha the plot thickens. evil

To be fair you can't really compare the two.

Good luck to macca, we will miss him both on and off the pitch but the opportunity to go full time at Grays in todays economic climate was obviously a chance he had to take.

Lets hope we see him back at some time whether playing in an essex cup game or just visiting.

Originally Posted By: Simon BTFC
Good luck to Macca - he's been a good player for us over a number of seasons now. Represents something of a gamble for Grays given that he hasn't kicked a ball since the autumn, but that is their problem now.

It does save us from having to make a decision about how much we could depend on a player coming back from a long term injury like that - I quite like JL's suggestion about giving Wayne his chance. We'll definitely need mobile full backs if we're going with Beale and Cousins at CB.

Anyway the team as it stands could look a little like this:

Walker
Dumas Cousins Beale Semanshia
Wareham Dormer Shinn Slatter
Baker Flack

Subs:
Bricknell, Burbridge, Shave, Marron, Buckfield

As someone who does'nt watch the Billericay games as much as you do, I find it interesting that you have left Bricknell out of the side as he was your top scorer last season.

Do you think someone who has scored as many goals as he has in the last 2 seasons will be happy as a sub?

I know of a few clubs who will now be monitoring the situation.

Originally Posted By: Onthesidelines
With Marron off we are now down to 4 subs., that is assuming Burbridge,Semanshia and Beale report for training.

??

So, reading this, there is no chance of us picking up new players who can do a job?

As much as I like Neil Marron, if he has left us, there are other players around who can do a job. We are not limited by what we had...

4 subs is one more than we can use so whats the worry grin

anyway we have a whole squad of young lads chomping at the bit and six weeks of pre-season trialists to look at yet.

It s been very quiet on here of late...

Perhaps we have more arriving than we are aware of.

After the Slatter situation you could hardly blame the Club for playing their cards a bit closer to their chests.

Well, I only said I was "under the impression". I stand corrected.

Good. Those of us that make Thursday nights down the club can play that pre season "game" of Spot The Player".

Oh, I can't tease anymore...

Rikki was not present but Nikki was there and made himself known to those supporters he recognised.

If Rikki has indeed left, then good luck to him but for us, well it's always sad to see a player go but it isn't the end of the World...players come, players go and what will be, will be.

Perhaps, next Thursday, if you get a chance, you may want to come down and see for yourself?