Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nostalgia

Tom S

Originally Posted By: Tom S
Sorry about that! Feel free to use it.

Going back to the original topic, I've now uploaded a few black and white pictures from August 1984; games at Kidderminster and Barnet.

Hi Tom,
Am obviously being a bit thick here (but it is late and I'm in the middle of a number of things) but, to save me hunting around, can you provide the link of where they are being uploaded ? Back to the Supporters team for a mo - didn't Rob Brassett 'manage' it at some point ?

Originally Posted By: MbrunoB
What year was the home against Weymouth picture?

This was a genuine question and I think that might have been my first home Enfield game.

Originally Posted By: AbbeyMan
Originally Posted By: Tom S
Sorry about that! Feel free to use it.

Going back to the original topic, I've now uploaded a few black and white pictures from August 1984; games at Kidderminster and Barnet.

Hi Tom,
Am obviously being a bit thick here (but it is late and I'm in the middle of a number of things) but, to save me hunting around, can you provide the link of where they are being uploaded ? Back to the Supporters team for a mo - didn't Rob Brassett 'manage' it at some point ?

The manager for the group in that pic was Frank with 'Siddy' Powell as his right hand henchman, only joking siddy. Peter Hinds then bullied his way in and did some coaching and match day stuff. He was very abraisive, but tried to extend us a bit i suppose. Martin was our press man and the 'old' fella (alex I think) was our physio, well he had the bucket and sponge anyway.

All these pic's just goes to show, that fault finding will never get us anywhere, but by talking our club up and supporting equally (as hard is it may be) through thick and thin we can get a couple of promotions and try and get a touch of these days back for a newer generation.

Well done Tom, a quality thread which is getting better by the posting.

'Old fella' was the late Alan Baxter; sponge man and general gofer as I recall. I wasn't really the press man, but was editor of Talk of the Town End at the time, and was happy to give Frank as much space as he wanted each month to publicise the team.

BTW, is the fella on the xtreme left back row Mick Mcquire (aka 'Sheedy')?

And am I right in recalling that Steve King came to play for the Supporters a few years later?

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
'Old fella' was the late Alan Baxter; sponge man and general gofer as I recall. I wasn't really the press man, but was editor of Talk of the Town End at the time, and was happy to give Frank as much space as he wanted each month to publicise the team.

BTW, is the fella on the xtreme left back row Mick Mcquire (aka 'Sheedy')?

And am I right in recalling that Steve King came to play for the Supporters a few years later?

Ah TOTE... have probably still got them sitting in my cupboard somewhere... What was the cartoon ? "Choppers Dog" made me laugh! Perhaps they could be scanned and uploaded to the net ?Infact, probably have all the "Attack" ones as well - just depends what got dumped when I got married.

Re abs legend Steve King - yes, I believe he did. Were his 600 + appearances ever agreed in the end. If memory serves, there was some doubt due to the fact whether friendlies are included.

Frank used to own a cottage in Norfolk but it was a weekend retreat jobby. Kaye and Frank are currently living in Stanstead Abbotts close to his daughter Sarah, her husband John and two kids - Isobelle and Jack

Jim

Tell you the games i'd love to see pic's of if you have them, just for memory lane.

V's Altrincham at Wembley, Northwich home FA Trophy Semi, V's Scarboro home FA Trophy quartres 4-2 win, Telford at the Hawthornes, Leyton Orient away 1-0 win in FA Cup (Bailey scored I think), Runcorn away 2-2 for the championship, Prt Vale home in FA Cup 3-0.

I hope you dont mind me putting in a mail order, but the club was a big part of my youthful days.

I can only oblige with a couple, EU, scanned from my press clippings:

Lee Holmes scoring against Northwich Victoria in the Trophy semi-final, second leg:

Flickr link

Paul Taylor with the Trophy(and Wembley spelt "Wembly" on his shirt - dubbed "Le Grand Coq-up" in the local rag.)

Flickr link

I'll see what else I can dig up when I get home cool