Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nostalgia

Tom S

tom they are great more please memories come flooding back (not that im that old )1st season i remember going was in 1973 (ok i am old)one quick question did pat jennings junior play for the e's?

Originally Posted By: big guy
tom they are great more please memories come flooding back (not that im that old )1st season i remember going was in 1973 (ok i am old)one quick question did pat jennings junior play for the e's?

He certainly did & almost scored a goal similar to his dad's famous one!.

I thought it was 15.00 unless it was an 11.30 for a Bank Holiday.

Jesus never knew there were so many old gits on here! evil

1969/70 for me, only a few home games that season though as i was only 5 years old, 71-72 season went to most home games culminating in the amateur cup final defeat by Hendon, I remember them being exciting times when a load of our neighbours use to go, in fact we all went togerher to the cup finl, Les & Rene Seward & their sons, the Gibsons, the Halls, & a guy who's surname i forget but was going to Town games until a couple of seasons ago, Dennis (I know FJ knows him) who had been going since the early 50's I believe with my Dad.

No matter how much you try, its hard to recreate the excitement of being 7 years old & surrounded by people you know going to watch your local team.

Originally Posted By: Gazza

1969/70 for me, only a few home games that season though as i was only 5 years old, 71-72 season went to most home games culminating in the amateur cup final defeat by Hendon, I remember them being exciting times when a load of our neighbours use to go, in fact we all went togerher to the cup finl, Les & Rene Seward & their sons, the Gibsons, the Halls, & a guy who's surname i forget but was going to Town games until a couple of seasons ago, Dennis (I know FJ knows him) who had been going since the early 50's I believe with my Dad.

No matter how much you try, its hard to recreate the excitement of being 7 years old & surrounded by people you know going to watch your local team.

Born in 1966 evil2

Rock Steady 50
Tiger 48
The Old Bill 51

Originally Posted By: Gazza

Its the re-creating of local spirit that can move us on and up again. We should really have a plan that's gonna be a bedrock in getting the locals to come and watch ETFC in larger numbers, preferably with the younger generation. A promotion (i'm sure i've mentioned it once or 1,001 times) would do the trick, easier said than done.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
A promotion (i'm sure i've mentioned it once or 1,001 times) would do the trick, easier said than done.

A cup run would help. Thaat's what first drew me along to Southbury Road. Trouble is that starting from the preliminary rounds means that reaching the 1st round would screw up the league season.