Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Constitution

Sorry to add my humble opinion to Senior players etc, and I certainly have nothing aginst them, however, did Rayleigh Town not have some Southend Manor players playing in their final games, with one of them scoring a number of goals which helped them to automatic promotion?

If this was the case then there seems to be nothing to stop it happening.

In the ESL, new player registrations are not accepted after 5pm on March 31st and this season the league fixtures ended on April 25th. There doesn't seem to be a similar cut-off point for player registrations in the EOL and their league fixtures ended on May 23rd. Food for thought!

Yes Novice, this is indeed the case. e.g. Our very own Talk Is Cheap, played and scored for Rayleigh in some of their latter games. Though I think it was after Manor's season had finished.

I'm sure Bas Town would have done the same if given the chance.

There are no rules against it so no rules are broken. It's not really for clubs to question whether it is in the spirit of things.

It's only my personal opinion but I think players should only be registered for one club at a time. Naturally this won't stop first teamers playing for ressies.

Players going on loan should have a start and finish date and during those dates they should only be allowed to play for the club they are loaned to.

As I said, just my humble opinion.

Originally Posted By: Hookey
It's only my personal opinion but I think players should only be registered for one club at a time. Naturally this won't stop first teamers playing for ressies.

Players going on loan should have a start and finish date and during those dates they should only be allowed to play for the club they are loaned to.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Any other suggestions?

2 players signed for rayleigh town during last season,not half of southend manor fc as some people believe,this was agreed by both managers of the clubs concerned at the beginning of the season,those 2 players only played once the essex senior league had finished,as to whether it is right that clubs are allowed to dual sign well most clubs in the olympian league do it or have done it in the past,i personally cannot see anything wrong with this if the player is a fully signed up member of the club concerned,also there is a cut-off date for signing players on in the olympian league this date i am not sure off but i know it exists

I personally don't have any problem with duel signing. It's one of those things that happens at essex senior league level .Bowers duel signed Grays players when I was there and it was also the case when Barkingside played some Aveley players towards the end of last season. I just think its more noticable at our level (Div 2) as ESL players are, as a rule, better than that standard.

Darran, thanks for clearing this up and prompting me to have another search through the league handbook! frown

Rule 8J (page 17) - A player may not be registered for a Club nor transferred to another Club in the Competition after the second Saturday of March except by special permission of the Management Committee.

Now that make it so much fairer and better!! grin

Gents,

This thread has made a very interesting read.

In regards to Rayleigh Town, I actually signed at the begining of the season and played a few games after coming back from injury as Southend Manor doesnt have a reserve side so was therefore effectively duel signed for the whole year.

Rayleigh Town has been my local side all my life and although I have been lucky enough to play in the ESL for a number of years, most of my mates have or do play for Rayleigh.

I was therefore more than happy to help them out when the ESL finished and just to back up Darrens point, only 2 Manor players played for Rayleigh at the end of the season and as everyone knows 2 players dont make a side.

Boycie has it down to a T, we play against players loaned or duel signed from a higher level every week in the ESL and I personally see it as a test to measure myself against so called better players.

What has been talked about on this thread happens througout football at all levels not just in the EOL, as I am sure some EOL players help out sides in the Southend Borough at some stage each season and they will be having the same conversation.....

He he.... done us fair and square that day. Should have been a lot more too. Normally would have missed that run and would have been in the bar, but stayed just to wish the referee all the best.. smile You signing on again next season at Manor? Could be an interesting season ahead, with Tiptree, Witham, Enfield, SM and Bowers splashing out a few bob.

Thought the ref was quality that day... evil

But you boys did give us a decent reception after the game, which was good.

Not sure about next season mate..will need to speak to the gaffer..about a few things...but after 98 first team manor appearences it would be a shame not to make it 100..!!

Tiptree seem to be everyones favourites, will be an intersting year...thats for sure.!!