Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Constitution

Mate, there are some unknowns next season in the "new" Div 3, including yourselves. Writtle and Upminster are decent sides and Debden, Newham and Ramsden will give anyone a game at that level.

Basildon Town will be unrecogniseable from last season. New manager with new team, littered with ex Ryman and ESL players.

Tractor Boy, hopefully we'll get you in a cup game on a Saturday! wink

you never know hookey, if we do get ya and like you say you have a new side it sould be a good game as we have strenghtend as well and you never know we mite have a few first teamers that week grin but if not all seriously hope you have a good season mate nice set up you have and good friendly bunch of people as well

the plans have gone in and accepted to extend the club house which will have a bar, 2 more changing rooms, men and woman refs room and a conmity room.we have applied 4 a grant 2 pay 4 this so hopefully it should come soon and the work can start.

Reluctant to say mate, until they have actually signed (Many a slip twixt cup and lip).

Though there will be no-one that leaps off the page, so to speak, the players I'm referring to have been at Tilbury, Aveley, Mauritius Sports, Bowers and Basildon Utd among others.

Apart from yourself, Do Catholic Utd have any others that have been around the ESL?

with players that have played at esl level,basildon town must be odds on for at least promotion from the bottom division of the olympian league,the players that have played essex senior football are dropping down at least 3 standards of football to play that level this season.

Players drop down for all sorts of reasons, e.g. lack of travelling, lack of midweek games, meaning they don't have work issues, playing with their mates, or maybe they just like the manager.

Last season Town played against a lot of ex-ESL players, inc Paul "Dockers" Docherty at Writtle, Billy Texeiera at Shenfield, Matt "Burger" Frew at Sungate, plus many others.

I know the reasons hookey,just stating that if you have ex esl players playing for basildon town this season then they should get promoted as those players have played at a higher level of football

Theoretically I suppose so, though another reason that players drop down is because they were found wanting at that level so drop to a level they can play well at.

Having played at ESL or above does not necessarily mean they are better than Olympian players, but it should mean that they have at least been exposed to a better standard of football.

It's all ifs and buts, on the day it will be 11 v 11.

Originally Posted By: rookie
I see the same old people come on here and make a sarky comment then run away from the real banter. You all know we have "six quality players coming over" now where have i heard that before????????????? discussion

Not a sarky comment mr emery,ex players will follow managers who were at previous clubs as you were manager at basildon united not so long ago players who played for you then will join you at basildon town,now correct me if im wrong dropping down from essex senior down to olympian division 3 is a drop of 4 divisions surely those players who played at esl level should excel playing a lower level of football

It is an interesting debate about players dual signing and helping out "lower" teams in the tougher games. It happens at every level though. We (burnham Ramblers) played the league cup final which is possibly the Essex Senior Leagues top occasion during the season and we played a Barkingside team made up of Aveley (Ryman One Champions) players. Its pretty unethical but it happens!!!

We cant moan about it though because when our reserves were under threat of relegation a lot of first team players played to help them out and in that time beat hutton who subsequently missed out on promotion.

It is one of those things, sometimes you end up on the wrong end and sometimes it goes in your favour.

It wont ever change so as football man indicated earlier.... deal with it.

Firstly Thanx for the Mr Emery, however friends call me by my first name, not that you need to know that. I could write loads to correct you but to be honest debateing with you bores me. Do me a favour though, every time your name comes up for a job i get asked to do it. Fancy being my agent. Not an easy job with my managerial record. duel