Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brimmo Working Parties

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
I very much doubt Brimmo would ever be in a position to progress , Its called being realistic . so it makes little or no difference just how much the stadium has been improved to us . Its more for Townie's benefit than brimmo's . You understand ?

Oh, I see now. Sadly what I didn't see was masses of letters (or even one) to the local press from Brimsdown people protesting about the improvements that have been made during ETFC's tenure. Could it be perhaps you are the only one who would have liked it to remain a sh1tehole? Or maybe it's just that you would have preferred the improvements to have been undertaken by a different club? duel

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
I do hope that the current 'organisation', which includes ETFC, is not paying for previous year's 'laziness'!

Of course it is; why do you think the Councul would not grant BSSC a Lease on its own!

Surely you are not intimating that ETFC are financially assisting in helping to right previous wrongs? What about ETFC's promises which need to be dealt with?

I know you cannot answer this but we need to look after 'our own'.

How is he in control?? Is he exclusively renting/leasing The Downs?? If so, who is he leasing it off?? The council??

..........sower grapes. sick

If we are now sowing grapes, if they are any good can we make a nice Shiraz, drinkies
If they are not any good I suppose that would be ETFC's fault and there would be SOUR grapes evil2

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I do hope that the current 'organisation', which includes ETFC, is not paying for previous year's 'laziness'!

Of course it is; why do you think the Councul would not grant BSSC a Lease on its own!

Surely you are not intimating that ETFC are financially assisting in helping to right previous wrongs? What about ETFC's promises which need to be dealt with?

I know you cannot answer this but we need to look after 'our own'.

If 'financially assisting' includes ensuring, for example, that the rent is paid (& on time) and that the gas and electric aren't at risk of disconnection- then yes.

I very much doubt Brimmo would ever be in a position to progress , Its called being realistic . so it makes little or no difference just how much the stadium has been improved to us . Its more for Townie's benefit than brimmo's . You understand ?

I'm not at all sure that's right. BRFC has progressed, and is now a senior club playing senior football against senior opposition. In addition to the physical ground requirements arising, BRFC has benefited from access to squad players from ETFC (and elsewhere) that it wouldn't have done had you still been playing intermediate level football. That didn't happen at the behest, and sole benefit, of ETFC.

Did I recently note that Paul Campbell cleaned up the Brimmo annual awards. Do you really thank that would have happened if you'd been struggling along in the lower reaches of the Spartan League. You might want to think about whether Gordon Boateng's impact may never have happened if it hadn't been for the playing surface, facilities, etc. that you so seek to demean.

As ever, it's all a bit too ' what have the Townies ever done for us'!

Lets face it.The likes of Brimsdownrover were quite happy watching park football,as long as they could wallow in their own imagined self importance whilst sitting supping a pint in the clubhouse.The likes of BR don't want progress or increased numbers of people using the place because it makes them (as an individual) seem even less improtant or relevant than they were before.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
How is he in control?? Is he exclusively renting/leasing The Downs?? If so, who is he leasing it off?? The council??

Who is in control of allowing parking on The Downs on matchdays and midweek and who is in control of the gates that lead onto The Downs? Also,are those independent parties who use The Downs allowed to make use of The Brimsdown car park? (which i presume IS inder GH control??)

And a great job he's done in theyre too. you lot had a four year head start on that place so egg on faces there not to mention sower grapes. sick

No not "Sour Grapes" as you say, it just would have nice to have been asked at the time if we (ETFC) were interested in refurbishing/managing The Downs would'nt it? doh

It would have definately been good manners which might be why we weren't asked.

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Who is in control of allowing parking on The Downs on matchdays and midweek and who is in control of the gates that lead onto The Downs? Also,are those independent parties who use The Downs allowed to make use of The Brimsdown car park? (which i presume IS inder GH control??)

And a great job he's done in theyre too. you lot had a four year head start on that place so egg on faces there not to mention sower grapes. sick

No not "Sour Grapes" as you say, it just would have nice to have been asked at the time if we (ETFC) were interested in refurbishing/managing The Downs would'nt it? doh
Asked ? Asked ?? So you never used it before steve did then , you never had your childrens party's or christmas or presentation nights in there at all doh. what a load of old hogwash.FACT and you speek of manners !! You people underused it and started holding your club events elsewhere like some church hall up holtwhites hill or at the manc blokes pub . Face it missus You scored an own goal. Thats why steve is there and you aint . The one thing steve has is respect perhaps you should try it some time.

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER

If we are now sowing grapes, if they are any good can we make a nice Shiraz, drinkies
If they are not any good I suppose that would be ETFC's fault and there would be SOUR grapes evil2
Whooah the manc cracks a funny , Nothing wrong with my spelling mate I'm a brian of britain.

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER

Whooah the manc cracks a funny , Nothing wrong with my spelling mate I'm a brian of britain.

why does the cockknee think I',m a Manc????

While I have no doubt that the current operation is well run, etc. there is no evidence that the arrangements has maximised the benefit to BSSC and now GH. The real risk to GH is that the present encumbent will acquire a Tenancy, unless the arrangement is properly regulated. That would be to GH's severe detriment, both in terms of income and control.

I'd be interested to know whether the original arrangement, a simple agreement without seeking competitive bids, was in accordance with BSSC's own constitution. I am aware that a variety of interested parties were excluded from the process.

When ETFC were granted a 50% stake of the lease to run the Goldsdown road facility.Surely The Downs Bar and pitch were part of that lease(ie..we have equal say in who sub lets our facilities)?? And if The Downs section was NOT included in the lease,then why not? Is the Downs Bar the private porperty of BSSC?? If so,who owns/leases the land its sat on??

Since we signed the joint lease I cant remember a club function being anywhere else either but Brimsdown Rover seems to know everything although he is actually right on so little.

As 50% leaseholders we should be told the exact details of this pre-exiting arrangement.What money/course of action was argreed in this arrangemet.How long this arrangement will go on for.Is there a specicfic course of time this arrangement will last.Is there any documentation to back this up.Are any profits from this arrangemet put into the collective GH pot rather than going to BBSC ?