Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brimmo Working Parties

Originally Posted By: bdave
Just to clarify, members in terms of use of the lounge bar means members of Brimsdown Sports and Social Club and/or Enfield Town Supporters Society.

but it can't be used on match days for 5 hours by the board of ETFC, visiting officals or dignatries?

So ETFC have been "kicked out" into a shed, that needs 100's if no 1,000 of pounds to be spent on it,to bring it up to standard for HSE and fire certificate? Never mind being a half decent place to entertain visiting team officals

But at least it allows Members of both clubs to play snooker whislt their are games on.

So where will BRFC be having their board room? giveup

Originally Posted By: bdave
Just to clarify, members in terms of use of the lounge bar means members of Brimsdown Sports and Social Club and/or Enfield Town Supporters Society.

I understand that, but why could we not continue to use for ETFC Boardroon? STILLconfused2

Im sorry, am i reading all this right, both ETFC & BRFC cannot use the bar as a boardroom on match days & have to use a converted container/shed instead?

Seriously am i the only one struggling to comprehend that?

How will that look to visiting club officials? and what does it say about ETFC/BRFC?

So here goes another silly question, what about the bar area in the other building across the alleyway where meetings have been held before? (sorry im not fully aufait with what each building is actually called)

The Downs Bar.

More importantly what arguement was put forward as to why the bar couldn't be used as a boardroom anymore during matches.??? It must have been a convincing arguement considering the cost involved in converting the old changing rooms AND the fact that an ETFC offical was convinced enough to vote with Brimsdown in allowing the move.

So. A derelict portakabin is going to be renovated by ???? at a cost of ???? so that both football clubs can use it for their board members when a facility has already been redecorated!

Now who is wasting money and time?

Am I correct in thinking that ETFCSS members, which includes directors, can go into the lounge on a match day but not visiting board members?

Crazy! I just hope that the money raised by supporters for the future does not go on this scheme when a perfectly good alternative is available.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
So. A derelict portakabin is going to be renovated by ???? at a cost of ???? so that both football clubs can use it for their board members when a facility has already been redecorated!

Now who is wasting money and time?

Am I correct in thinking that ETFCSS members, which includes directors, can go into the lounge on a match day but not visiting board members?

Crazy! I just hope that the money raised by supporters for the future does not go on this scheme when a perfectly good alternative is available.

Well maybe the current bar facilities aren't up the League standard? so we need to refurbish the Knackered Kabin. I am sure a T urn can be put in there, and a fridge for cold drinks, how much better than proper bar facilities. doh

I'm sure the project has been costed and that the board will be happy to share the costs and project plan at the forth coming meeting.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Not exclusively. The majority of the income comes from activities perhaps better associated with BSSC and the Goldsdown Board direct, eg private functions/members' expenditure, etc.

How come? confused2

Not exclusively. The majority of the income comes from activities perhaps better associated with BSSC and the Goldsdown Board direct, eg private functions/members' expenditure, etc.

So what about increased use of all the pitches? Is the extra income shared or just going in one direction?

So what about increased use of all the pitches? Is the extra income shared or just going in one direction?

I imagine that all of the revenue goes to Goldsdown Holdings, whose Board decides whether it's to be invested, distributed, saved, etc. as provided for in the terms of the Lease and good busines practice. Realistically, and with such a maintenance backlog at Goldsdown Road and other overheads to be met, I'd be surprised if a preferential dividend to either or both football clubs is likely to be made very often.

Not exclusively. The majority of the income comes from activities perhaps ...................
good busines practice. Realistically, and with such a maintenance backlog at Goldsdown Road and other overheads to be met, I'd be surprised .................

So if there is such a back log of work, why are Goldsdown holdings wasting money on another facility, when there is the main bar, lounge bar and The Downs, why do they need another room to maintain.

Let's be Frank, does this make any sense to any one?

I imagine that all of the revenue goes to Goldsdown Holdings, whose Board decides whether it's to be invested, distributed, saved, etc. as provided for in the terms of the Lease and good busines practice. Realistically, and with such a maintenance backlog at Goldsdown Road and other overheads to be met, I'd be surprised if a preferential dividend to either or both football clubs is likely to be made very often.

Let's just wait and see when all accounts are published. There has to be some financial benefits for ETFC. Maybe we will find out when we have a meeting in the old board room!

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
Not exclusively. The majority of the income comes from activities perhaps ...................
good busines practice. Realistically, and with such a maintenance backlog at Goldsdown Road and other overheads to be met, I'd be surprised .................

So if there is such a back log of work, why are Goldsdown holdings wasting money on another facility, when there is the main bar, lounge bar and The Downs, why do they need another room to maintain.

Let's be Frank, does this make any sense to any one?

I believe it was a BSSC request, and with the GH chair having the casting vote was always likely to succeed.