Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Frome Town On Tour. Watch out Windsor!!!

southwestred

Wouldnt say any of them were a regular! Did a mini crawl of the jollys, union and the oxford blue the other day. Much more pleasent than Windsor pubs...and cheaper!

The Carpenters Arms is the best 'real' pub in the town center i reckon. Dispite its location its cheaper than most yet not as much riff raff as a weatherspoons gets! ( Mostly people from Slough on a night out no doubt! wink )

Originally Posted By: Windsor Rebel
Not many sides with any support to be honest.

Ive noticed the crowds (with a couple of expections) are no better than wel supported level 5 clubs. We average 150 & never had less than 100 all season. It'd be nice to think our crowds will average 200 this year but we'll wait & see!!! With admission prices set at

SWR- Depeneds when it is during the season. Will need a vivid pub discription of the local area to get us in the mood!

WR- I am allergic to Windsorpubco pubs..but seeing as Windsor fan works behind the bar perhaps you'll see us in there soon!

Originally Posted By: Woody WEFC
SWR- Depeneds when it is during the season. Will need a vivid pub discription of the local area to get us in the mood!

Theres more than enough pubs in the town to soak up your thirst, then a great social club to finish off before KO.!!

I have to say in the evening I agree with Windsor rebel H&G is a good pub that serves a decent pint (Hobgoblin on draught for starters and well kept too), with the added bonus its not full of kids!

Two Brewers is pretty ok aswell but always packed!

SW it'll be good to see you at stag meadow and its always good to visit new grounds!

You sound like us we put up our flags and shout and sing but we are a decent and very friendly bunch, come introduce yourself as its always good to have a natter with the away supporters in the bar!

BTW - for the record Woody and WR have a history so don't worry about the hijacked thread! duel

Slough although our local rivals have decent fans too (and a good number of them) I'm gutted to loose the derby this year, best game of the season. But atleast it sounds like we have someone vocal coming in to the division!

SW, crowd wise you will see low hundreds to high hundreds as average crowds. But looking at the level below, Bedfont Green who came up as well shar Stag Meadow and from what I remember from the games I attended struggled to get 30-40. there are so many clubs around here and so close together that fans are often very thin on the ground, depsite the potentially very large fanbase. Clubs, if you'll pardon the phrase, "out in the sticks" that get a bit of success generally get more fans, at our level anyway. They can struggle as they get higher as the pool of fans they pull from ggets thinner and success isn't quite so easy. Totton are well supported, as were Bridgewater so a few clubs may bring a few.

If you won your county cup, and we won ours I can have my dream County cup champions cup, even if it is just between us.

Anyway,nice to hear from you and look forward to seeing you on match day, good luck, but not too much ;-)

SW it will be good to have a bit of away support at the Meadow this season so lookng forward to your visit and hopefully making the journey to you.

WR, slightly digressing but do you still get down the Elms, I believe they've got a football man in there again, but haven't been in as yet myself?

Originally Posted By: Joel

Two Brewers is pretty ok aswell but always packed!

Two Brewers??? If memory serves me right that pub is located at the entrance of Great Windsor Park is it not? Dont know how old you guys are but im now going back probably nearly 20 years ago now, the landlord of my old local in Frome (The Angel) moved to Windsor to take the TB on. His name was Ray, his wife was Jane & they had 2 daughters. One was a real babe, drop dead sexy!! I believe her name was Sophie? I know its a long time ago now but does anyone know who im talking about?
Im surprised you say its a good packed out pub coz my recollection of the place (been there 3 times) is that its a businessmans lunch pub.

SW it'll be good to see you at stag meadow and its supporters in the bar!
BTW - for the record Woody and WR have a history so don't worry about the hijacked thread! duel

Slough although our local rivals have decent fans too (and a good number of them) I'm gutted to loose the derby this year, best game of the season. But atleast it sounds like we have someone vocal coming in to the division!

I shall definetely let myself be known to you & ill gladly have a beer or two with you.
Im also disappointed (& gobsmacked) that Slough are in the Mids Division - why the hell arent North Leigh, Cirencester or Cinderford in that division instead? Frome played Slough in an FA Cup game in the 80's & for some reason ive always wanted to go back with frome to settle a few old scores!!

Im a regular (or was until a few months ago) on the Englandfans forum so i know all about hijacked posts! With 3 posts on the trot i bet theres a couple of Windsor fans wondering whats going on!!