Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Frome Town On Tour. Watch out Windsor!!!

southwestred

Fair point but what exactly is your obsession with Windsor and Eton FC? Is it that deep down...you wish you were a Windsor fan rather than a Slough!? Or is the fact you live in Windsor turning you to the Red and Green side?! Then again who can blame you for distancing yourself from your shameful past of being a Slough lad. Scrub all you like we can still smell the stink on you.

Originally Posted By: Joel

hmmm... 6 points eh?!? You haven't seen us play yet! laugh

Youre quite right Joel, i havnt seen Windsor play BUT i have seen Frome play & if you guys are as good as were last season then Windsor V Frome WILL be one of the better matches of the season. Ex Frome striker Dean Griffiths now of Tivvy Town reckons we'll be play-off candidates at least as the general standard of footbal is not much better than good level 5 teams. Well soon see i guess but when Cheeser Simo & Salts come to town im sure you'll see why we'll be one of the better outfits. If you can go away to Truro City & return with the spoils of a 3-0 victory then you know you have a quality side!!

Originally Posted By: Windsor Rebel
Yes but which pub? Jolly Gardeners, Bells of Ouseley , Union, Oxford Blue?

Hasn't that become a sort of glorified steak-house ? It used to be a fantastic place.

I used to use it regularly when I worked at a certain premises not far from the Victoria Roundabout, Runnymede. (NO - Not that poxy hotel !)

Originally Posted By: Mrs_Cat
I used to go to all the away games but stopped going shortly after the last World Cup. I think the last away game I did was Macedonia 3 years ago.

Nowadays I don't even go to all the home games, I find the whole Wembley experience a bit of a drag, it was much more fun when the home games went on the road.

Know what you mean about Wembley! My England away days seem to be drying up lately too. Away to Russia was the last away game i went to. Hell of a trip mind you! Away to Germany for the 5-1 will always be the best though. Were you there for that?

Originally Posted By: southwestred
Originally Posted By: Windsor Rebel
Not many sides with any support to be honest.

Ive noticed the crowds (with a couple of expections) are no better than wel supported level 5 clubs. We average 150 & never had less than 100 all season. It'd be nice to think our crowds will average 200 this year but we'll wait & see!!! With admission prices set at

Originally Posted By: stagpie

Hope you don't mind a gatecrash. Our forum is full of rather boring [****!!****] at the moment so I've come here to talk about proper stuff.
SWR - I hope we play at your place early on when you're still charging

In answer to your question SWR, put it this way, we sold 16,000 tickets for the Vase final and for the first home league game the following season, the crowd was 46 !

The recent increase is really down to the success of last season rather than anything that happened before. Add to that Southampton's demise, we've had quite a few disheartened Saints fans following us recently.

Next season will be interesting as we need to keep the momentum going both on and off the pitch in order to retain and build further on the fan base.

You'll enjoy your trip to Windsor, good old fashioned non league ground with character. Ours is OK for this level but with a new ground now looking likely in 2 or 3 years time, further investment in it will be limited.

Good to see the interest on here from Totton and Frome. I was impressed by Totton last season and if they keep Bennett will be a major force for the title.

I remember about 20 years ago W&E getting beat down at Frome in a rearranged cup tie 2-0. It was a neat ground then and a good bucnh of locals. Pity about the result but it was a freezing night and our boys never really got going.

I used to go to all the away games but stopped going shortly after the last World Cup. I think the last away game I did was Macedonia 3 years ago.

Nowadays I don't even go to all the home games, I find the whole Wembley experience a bit of a drag, it was much more fun when the home games went on the road.

Know what you mean about Wembley! My England away days seem to be drying up lately too. Away to Russia was the last away game i went to. Hell of a trip mind you! Away to Germany for the 5-1 will always be the best though. Were you there for that?

I can't believe I missed the 5-1 game in Munich. I had started a new job that week so to my ever lasting regret had to knock that trip on the head late doors, I was gutted. I didn't start going away regularly until the Slovakia game in 2002.

I know a few who went to Moscow and they said it was well "moody". It sounded like the old days.

Are you heading out to the SA for the World Cup??

Stagpie - 16k is nothing. Slough would have sold out the ground and had another 50k watching it on a big screen at Twickenham. (insert gay smiley face)

In answer to your question SWR, put it this way, we sold 16,000 tickets for the Vase final and for the first home league game the following season, the crowd was 46 !

After reading this im duty bound to quote a line from Green Street "youve only been with us 5 minutes & youre lying already!!!"

Although im Frome Town ive lived in Devon & Cornwall for the last 8 years (yeah, i travel 250 mile round trip for home games) & i actually went to the match with some mates from down this way & in a crowd of 27000 Truro claimed to of sold 15000!!! This might be 6 fingered county down here but we can still count! One of the 2 clubs are exagerating their support!!!!! With only 46 for your 1st league match after it does kind of blow a therory of mine out the window though!

I can't believe I missed the 5-1 game in Munich. I had started a new job that week so to my ever lasting regret had to knock that trip on the head late doors, I was gutted. I didn't start going away regularly until the Slovakia game in 2002.

I know a few who went to Moscow and they said it was well "moody". It sounded like the old days.

Are you heading out to the SA for the World Cup??

Stagpie - 16k is nothing. Slough would have sold out the ground and had another 50k watching it on a big screen at Twickenham. (insert gay smiley face)

Munich 2001 was my 1st England away trip!!! A last minute spur of the moment trip that all fell in to place perfectly. Arrived at Munich 10.30 pm the night before with no ticket or accomodation & had it all sorted by 11am the next morning!! Paid a german lad

SWR - this may sound bizarre but almost twelve months after the Vase final, the FA realised that their original figure of 27,000 was for ticket sales prior to the day of the game. They hadn't added the 9,000 that paid on the day and now you'll find the official gate was 36,000. Still not sure about Truro selling 15,000 though but who cares. It was a great day for both clubs.

SWR - this may sound bizarre but almost twelve months after the Vase final, the FA realised that their original figure of 27,000 was for ticket sales prior to the day of the game. They hadn't added the 9,000 that paid on the day and now you'll find the official gate was 36,000. Still not sure about Truro selling 15,000 though but who cares. It was a great day for both clubs.

Well i never knew that! I didnt know you could pay on the day. Although i was in with the Truro fans i couldnt really get into supporting them so i was there as a neutral. there was always something in the back of my mind saying "this should be Frome town your watching" & although it was good game i just didnt get into the atmosphere. Glad you enjoyed it though even if the result did go against you. I guess the Trophy is a totaly diferent kettle of fish as far as reaching the later stages goes. The vase was hard enough!!
How did you fare in it last season?
What about you Stags fans, how far have you gone in the Trophy? you lot seem to of gone abit quiet???

3-0 at truro is a good result they are a quality side. I think this season should be a good one a fair number of new grounds and a few decent teams. I kind of figured this season would be a battle between us and AFC Totton, I think bar truro (who to be honest were a decent outfit but I think Windsor or Totton could take them on thier day) we were the best sides in the division finishing 3 points apart and 9 and 12 points ahead of promoted Didcot.

To be fair to didcot though they were the on form side going in to the playoffs. When they came to our place for the game on the day they were the better side.

Well I hope you like Stag meadow when you come up here SW as we currently have Bedfont Green Playing here too so you'll get two trips up! I have to say Bedfont Grn are a really friendly club and smashed thier league last year (quite a few of us WEFC supports went to watch them on week night fixtures if it was a long away game and we couldn't get there in time after work). How they will cope with the step up I don't know. Seeing how they play I think they will be one extreme or the other either struggle or the surprise outfit of the division.

FA Trophy not that far in my 10years watching to be honest.. Fuzzy, humpty, mal or any of the old guard would answer that better! We did win the Berks and Bucks cup this year which was a great day out at stadium MK ..Get in!

Devon Cornwal ...ahhh Tribute beer on draught one of my favourite pints!

Fuzzy ... Was just thinking about the combined counties cup..

We should donate a trophy as the drunken idea originally evolved but whoever wins keeps it until they play a county champions side again (so twice it'll be up this season for instance). The holding club then keep it until the next time they play a county champions side if they loose they pass it on... Be interesting to see where it ended up.. applause2

Originally Posted By: Joel
3-0 at truro is a good result they are a quality side. I think this season should be a good one a fair number of new grounds and a few decent teams. I kind of figured this season would be a battle between us and AFC Totton, I think bar truro (who to be honest were a decent outfit but I think Windsor or Totton could take them on thier day) we were the best sides in the division finishing 3 points apart and 9 and 12 points ahead of promoted Didcot.
To be fair to didcot though they were the on form side going in to the playoffs. When they came to our place for the game on the day they were the better side.
Well I hope you like Stag meadow when you come up here SW as we currently have Bedfont Green Playing here too so you'll get two trips up! I have to say Bedfont Grn are a really friendly club and smashed thier league last year (quite a few of us WEFC supports went to watch them on week night fixtures if it was a long away game and we couldn't get there in time after work). How they will cope with the step up I don't know. Seeing how they play I think they will be one extreme or the other either struggle or the surprise outfit of the division.
FA Trophy not that far in my 10years watching to be honest.. Fuzzy, humpty, mal or any of the old guard would answer that better! We did win the Berks and Bucks cup this year which was a great day out at stadium MK ..Get in!

Devon Cornwal ...ahhh Tribute beer on draught one of my favourite pints!

Weve stuffed Truro a couple of time in the last couple of seasons & the only way we did it was to go at them right from the start. Put them under pressure & it gives them something to think about coz with Truro, if you give them too much time the'll get into their stride & start scoring goals for fun. As the're local to me ive watched the revolution thats going on there unfold & ive always maintained that SL Premier is where they will level out. I certainly dont go with this 10 year FL plan that Heaney spouts off about from time to time. The're a good class act theres no denying that though. I really cant see them challenging the likes of Farnboro though or Chippenham (think this could be a good year for them)

So who in the division are County Cup winners then? Youve won the Berks & Bucks, we won the Somerset Premier, anyone else?