Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Zamaretto song

How about this then:

We're Frome Town of the Zamaretto,

We travel far where ever our team go,

We're Frome Town of the Zamaretto,

By 5 o,clock you'll know who we are!

HEY HEY

Sha la la la la la la la FROME TOWN!

By 5 o'clock you'll know who we are.

Or an alternative chorus for Windsor fans could be:

Watching slough's like sub butte o OH! OH!

Watching Slough's like sub butte o OH! OH!

Watching Slough's like sub butte o OH! OH!

They flick to kick the're F*****g S**t!

Sorry Slough, you wre the only one syllable team i could come up with!!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Mark44
Frome is a one syllabal team

True. But we dont flick to kick & we certainly aint s hit!!

Im not so sure the step up is that big as far as the football is concerned. Im confident of a top 10 finish & would like to think we'll be contenders for the play-offs. Watch out for the names of Simeon Alison Jamie Cheeseman & Frome Legend Mark Salter.

Good luck to you guys too. Im quite gutted for you lot being in the Midlands as its Slough & Windsor who are the 2 places i was most looking forward to going to. Maybe we'll meet in the cup or better still in the Premier next season!!!!!!!

We have been advised that its one of the biggest steps in the pyramid so admire your optimism Red. Travelling is going to be a nightmare for our little club playing out of Windsor & Eton but we will give it a go without complaint. We can't really fail to be fair as we have exeeded all expectations in the last 10 years going from Guildford & Woking Junior football to Southern League step 4. If we finally manage to secure and build our own ground then we can start to match the ambitions of Frome Town. smile

Originally Posted By: Green Pea
We have been advised that its one of the biggest steps in the pyramid so admire your optimism Red. Travelling is going to be a nightmare for our little club playing out of Windsor & Eton but we will give it a go without complaint. We can't really fail to be fair as we have exeeded all expectations in the last 10 years going from Guildford & Woking Junior football to Southern League step 4. If we finally manage to secure and build our own ground then we can start to match the ambitions of Frome Town. smile

Im not having a go at you but i do get a bit fed up hearing about "Travel implications". The Non League paper's full of it each week. If a club is ambitious & applies for promotion then surely the extra travel is a known fact before promotion is obtained so if the travel is going to be a financial burden then the priority must be to safegaurd the club & not go for promotion as in my mind if a club will struggle to meet costs then that club is NOT ready for promotion & more work off the field is needed. Dont get me wrong, Frome arent a moneybags club at all but the improvements made off the field in the last 6 years have been instumental in getting us up.

"Im not having a go at you" - Of course not, never felt like you were but I was actually agreeing with you by saying we will tackle the travel without complaint. Only thing I will say is that we were expecting to follow league tradition and go Rymans where the travel wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad but The FA chose to break their own rules by promoting Horsham YMCA after they finished outside of a promotion place to enable a groundshare for Ryman Prem Horsham FC. Disappointing but we have a lot of respect for the Southern League and have been very impressed by the professionalism and stature of fellow clubs in it so again we crack on without complaint.

"Im not having a go at you" - Of course not, never felt like you were but I was actually agreeing with you by saying we will tackle the travel without complaint. Only thing I will say is that we were expecting to follow league tradition and go Rymans where the travel wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad but The FA chose to break their own rules by promoting Horsham YMCA after they finished outside of a promotion place to enable a groundshare for Ryman Prem Horsham FC. Disappointing but we have a lot of respect for the Southern League and have been very impressed by the professionalism and stature of fellow clubs in it so again we crack on without complaint.

Thats blatantly unfair. We were told in no uncertain terms that if we finished outside the top 2 we would NOT be considered for promotion. As for the constitution of the leagues, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who goes where. like many others, i reckon i could come up with a better constitution. Its always going to be an awkward situation though with 3 feeders going to 2 leagues.As you say GP everyones just got to get on with it.

Tell me GP, on Pyramid Passion, it clearly shows a football ground in Bedfont so why arent you playing there? Please excuse my ignorance on your club but you are relatively unknown to me.

The football ground on there is probably Bedfont FC down at Hatton Road, not our club. We do have a leasehold on a ground in Greenford (Avenue Park) which is passable for Step 5 but we use it for our Reserves & U18s and groundshare it out to another club. We keep our First Team in a groundshare (currently Windsor, previously Yeading) as strategically it makes sense until our Chairman secures and builds the stadium back in Bedfont but it's a huge project and will take time to deliver.

Re The FA, unfortunately they do tend to make it up as they go along, I personally enquired about Horsham YMCA and was told there would be no grounds to appeal even if we wished to as the Sussex League were going to be forced to give them points for another club playing an ineligible player and as such would finish in the top 2. This of course didn't happen as nobody protested so they were promoted in 3rd place - http://www.scfl.org.uk/

As I said earlier, we're pleased and proud to be part of the Southern League and can't wait for the challenges ahead.

Originally Posted By: southwestred
As for the constitution of the leagues, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who goes where.

Southwestred, believe it or not there is a system as to hich league you are put in.

Clubs within the M25 and around Kent are put into the Ryman. Clubs from the Midlands and below end up in the Southern League and north of that into the Northern League.

Now, when it comes to the individual divisions of those league it is anyones guess.

The issue with Bedfont Green was due to the groundshare that they have with us (WEFC). The FA have two locations to consider:- 1) where they are playing and 2) where their official home is. As they are still playing at Windsor, and will be for the forseasble future, then the FA have made the correct choice.

Originally Posted By: mal316
Originally Posted By: southwestred
As for the constitution of the leagues, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who goes where.

Southwestred, believe it or not there is a system as to hich league you are put in.

Clubs within the M25 and around Kent are put into the Ryman. Clubs from the Midlands and below end up in the Southern League and north of that into the Northern League.

Now, when it comes to the individual divisions of those league it is anyones guess.

The issue with Bedfont Green was due to the groundshare that they have with us (WEFC). The FA have two locations to consider:- 1) where they are playing and 2) where their official home is. As they are still playing at Windsor, and will be for the forseasble future, then the FA have made the correct choice.

That explains why Hayes & Uxbridge are playing in the SL??????
Yes, theres a boundry for each league but you got to admit theres certain cases which makes you question their reasoning. Personally, i believe the pyramid is missing a league. the Conference should have 4 feeders instead of the established 3.

The football ground on there is probably Bedfont FC down at Hatton Road, not our club.

I said earlier, we're pleased and proud to be part of the Southern League and can't wait for the challenges ahead.

Again, excuse my lack of knowledge on your club, but whe obvious question is why not groundshare at Hatton Road? I can see the ground isnt up to SL grading but the question still stands. Ill hazzard a guess theres ill feeling between the clubs???

I hope i havnt implied you shouldnt be in the SL. Thats certainly not what i think. Like you im delighted & proud to be able to see my club playing in the SL & cant wait for the new season (era) to begin. Ive got my Brentford away trips planned but pulling my hair out waiting for Fromes!! Why are they so late in publishing? Theres another 2 weeks to wait yet!!!

Originally Posted By: mal316
OK, maybe I should have used the word normally in there somewhere.

Maybe the FA should insert the word "Normaly" into their little book of rules!!

I notice youre a Leeds fan? We'll have to have a little wager on total aggregate score with Frome & Brentford V Windsor & Leeds?