Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

predictions2009/10

any thoughts on who people fancy to win each league this year here is mine

Prem Harold wood

westhamians my outsiders

Div 1 Hutton

Div 2 between Romford, Maldon AND Fingers crossed Takeley

Div 3 between Ramsden, Debdon and Cathlic United WITH if Hooky is right about who they have signing Basildon as outsiders

Originally Posted By: Takeley Tractor Boy
any thoughts on who people fancy to win each league this year here is mine

Prem Harold wood
westhamians my outsiders
Div 1 Hutton
Div 2 between Romford, Maldon AND Fingers crossed Takeley
Div 3 between Ramsden, Debdon and Cathlic United WITH if Hookey is right about who they have signing Basildon as outsiders

Happy to stay off the EADAR. grin

Hi TTB.

Off subject for a mo. I see that our U16s have a friendly tomorrow against your boys. Do you know or can you find out and post the time of kick off please and if it is not at Station Road where it will be held and directions from SR.

Ta.

there playing it at lower sreet which is just as u come in to takeley from the m11 on the left hand side, as you come in to takeley its behind the houses on the left if you come to the green man pub then you have gone to far. im not to sure what time it kicks off ill try and find out and let u knoe mate.

Originally Posted By: Takeley Tractor Boy
there playing it at lower sreet which is just as u come in to takeley from the m11 on the left hand side, as you come in to takeley its behind the houses on the left if you come to the green man pub then you have gone to far. im not to sure what time it kicks off ill try and find out and let u knoe mate.

Thanks for the duff info!!! Luckily, I know a few alternative venues in the area and did eventually find the game. Just a shame there was nobody on the pitch who knew how to score a goal! Romford No. 2 looked like he might have a bit of potential but nobody else really stood out for me.

Sorry FM but I can only pass on what is sent to me.

It was the first game though after all and probably everyone tried that little bit too hard!

What does also seem to be missing is the score and scorers (if any) for me to pass on to the Bororites via our website.

Not yout fault, TB&G. It was TTB who said it was at Lower Street, which is one of those "blink and you miss it" side cuttings off the main road. I drove past it three times before finding it and also finding that the entry gate was locked. The match was played on another pitch on Station Road about 100yards past the first team ground (possibly the old Dunmow FC ground?). It was played on a sub-standard sized pitch with sub-standard sized goals. I thought this might lead to more chances but, instead, the pitch became too crowded with no opportunity to use width and the two sides stifled each other out.

The match finished 0-0. The best chances fell to the Romford No.11 whose curled effort early on was heading in the far corner but was tipped away by the Takeley 'keeper. About 15 mins from time the 11 was through again but, with half the goal left exposed, he shot straight at the 'keeper from 10 yards out. Just before that, a Takeley player hit a strong shot from near the touchline that had the Romford 'keeper beaten. It probably would have found the top corner of a full size goal but, on this pitch, went narrowly high and wide. Nothing else of note in the game, really.