Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New shirt for 2009/10

IT IS NOT AN AWAY KIT IT IS A CHANGE KIT.

Clubs that don't play in their first choice kit when there is no clash should be fined.

As long as the sponsors of the CHANGE strip are aware that it will rarely be used,then fine.The most likely outcome is that we will play in the CHANGE strip at every oppotrunity that there MAY be a slight clash of colours.Ie..any team with any form of white or blue white in their kit.

Ps..If your plan is taken up to fine teams for playing in a CHANGE strip when there is no need too,then i've a feeling (going on previous seasons)that our club would probably be near the top of that fines list.

Originally Posted By: MbrunoB
IT IS NOT AN AWAY KIT IT IS A CHANGE KIT.

OK so its a change kit that we wear at all away matches!! evil

Whatever is decided lets hope we have a set routine & try & look a bit profesional, unlike last season, i dont want to see a yellow, pale blue or red & black stripe kit this season, unless we play a team in yellow, red, white & blue!

Originally Posted By: littlehampton
Seems a decision has been made long ago about the colours of the away or change kit. Some like it many don't. What I would like to know,and many others,is who actually made the decision? Does anyone know?

The Town Supporters who came in & told us what they wanted, kept updating the programme through the last 3-4 months with what was popular. Had a couple of photo samples in the shop for the last few home games as well (Which was also mentioned in the programme) for people to see.
So the people that actually decided were the supporters that told us what they wanted. We told the board & they said to go ahead.

But the people who don't buy programmes or other goodies from the shop didn't get the chance to say what colours they didn't want to buy next season that way!!!

I don't see why members (i.e. the owners of the club) could not have been balloted/consulted. We are supposed to be a supporter's owned club, and while it is obvious that the majority of decisions have to be taken on our behalf by our elected representatives, it would be a simple matter to consult the membership on a matter such as the club colours. Otherwise I realy do wonder what the point of membership is.

As for playing in all white as a first strip, I am not at all in agreement in that suggestion! The Enfield football club (note, no caps!) plays in white shirts and blue shorts, end of!

Thanks for that explanation Arkwright. It all sounds frightfully,frightfully democratic to me. So,as I understand it,the bottom line is the board were told what the supporters wanted,based on a vote for the most popular kits on offer,and they made the final decision to break away from traditional club change kits and agree to go for something completely different. Hmmm .... think MbrunoB makes a very valid point!

How can we have a traditional change kit when we have used 3 different ones in the 8 years that the club has exsisted?

Understand your point MbrunoB but (call me old fashioned if you like)I personally think we should try and stick as closely as possible to the colours of the old club from the Southbury Road days. Update the style of the kit,by all means,yes,but switch to the MCC egg and bacon colours,no,not in a million years.It is so far removed from anything resembling club colours it beggars belief. Are we,in some small way, hoping the kit somehow inspires our players to perform like 'Roy of the Rovers'??

But the old club didn't have a traditional change kit either, having played, since the 60s, in sky blue, red, yellow, royal blue, navy blue, purple, and, of course, red and green quarters. (And I may have forgotten one!)

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
But the old club didn't have a traditional change kit either, having played, since the 60s, in sky blue, red, yellow, royal blue, navy blue, purple, and, of course, red and green quarters. (And I may have forgotten one!)

Exactly, so does it really matter?

Arky in my opinion has done everything that needed to be done as to notifying supporters about the kit change, apart from holding a general election with independent canvasers for each colour!

Its all down to personal choice, I for one disliked the washed out pale blue strip, but really liked the black & red strip, neither were "traditional" colours, how can they be in a club only 8 years old.

The main factor is lets hope it sells & raises plenty of revenue, im sure Arky will do a deal with every programme brought! evil

Good points Father Jack and Gazza.Everyone has their own view.Does it really matter? No not really. Let's hope the new kit does raise plenty of money, with the shop shifting them quickly off the shelf. I'll be keeping my eye out for them. Will board members be seen wearing them shouting the lads on??

We are not Enfield and we now have supporters who never supported the old club which no longer exists and we should be creating our own traditions after all the old club never even started wearing white shirts and just changed into them over time so basically it all depends on where in time you want to take your traditions from.

Beg to differ MbrunoB. Compared with bygone days (ie the good old days)at Southbury Road,ETFC still,understandably, attracts a much smaller level of support than the old club. Whilst we need to attract new faces and appeal to the widest possible audience,to increase revenue streams, think you will find a high % of our present support are good,loyal Enfield folk who supported the old club. I might be wrong, but believe most of them would probably much prefer our club colours continue to be white/blue with the players turning out in a smart,stylish modern kit which they can identify with.

We might not be Enfield but think the Enfield public probably now accept ETFC as their non-league representatives for the local area. Tradition? There is an old saying which probably applies in this case 'Build for the future but don't destroy the best of the past'.

One of the problems holding Enfield Town back from pushing on is too many people thinking that we are Enfield and not getting behind the club because they believe we have a devine right to be playing at a higher level.

We need to build Enfield Town as the club for the borough of Enfield and not as a pale imitation of a long gone club.

This is true, MbrunoB, but our roots are connected with the old club, and our club was formed by former EFC supporters wishing to maintain the finer traditions of the old club (like actually existing, for one!). I'm sure Jim or one of our other stattos can confirm when EFC adopted white and blue but whenever it was it was a long time ago and is the strip associated with Enfield. Our badge is not dissimilar to the old club's as well.

The change/away strip does not really matter, it is also true. The only thing is not to look bloody silly............

Absolutely agree MbrunoB.Think everyone knows that.Not sure who exactly you are referring to. The only way to move forward is to be ambitious,set a realistic target,achieve our goal and,in football terms,be organised on and off the field so we can move onward and upward.

Anyway,thought we were supposed to be twittering on about club colours!!?? Think enough has been said on this subject.