Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cray Wanderers 0-2 Billericay Town

JoeV93

A welcome three points that will get everyone settled down now.

First half we played well and made our extra quality count with some good passing and decent finishing. I got the impression that second half we didn't really know whether to stick or twist, we went a bit deep and they had the better of the possession until we made our subs. Walker made a couple of blinding saves at the end but we also had some good chances to extend our lead.

Cray huffed and puffed well but in the end we made our extra ability count. I think when the dust settles their chairman might regret the bile that he has come out with all week. It really has been cringeworthy stuff and probably had an adverse affect on their team's performance.

4 points from 9 with two away games is a decent enough start. Hope to see some of the players at V on Sunday smile and looking forward to Tuesday.

Come on you Blues!!!

A good result but we didn't play as well as we did againsyt Hendon until the last 15. Two great goals from Billy and Joe. Maybe this will settle us down now.

Reading the Cray Chairman's notes, he mentions "sportsmanship"...perhaps he wasn't including the afters that a couple of his players had when Billy went down in the first half.

"This is not sour grapes, but the antics of Billericay Town must be known to fellow non-league clubs, to ensure that when their hour of need arrives, they turn their back on them."

As far as I can see, this is quote from the writer from Kentish Football, rather than a quote from Cray.

Stephen McCartney obviously prides himself on his honest, impartial, mature, fact-based journalism. Not.

Isn't he supposed to reporting the Tonbridge game live next week? I did read that on his rather comic website last week? I dunno how he can "soil" himself to cross Dartford Crossing to come to our beautiful club.

After all that he has written, I dare say he won't be advertising his attendance but we should all look for someone in a long dark coat, dark hat, whispering into his coat lapel.

Whereas our officials have only commented with fact as to why we wanted the date of the game changed, Cray have mouthed off to anyone who will listed as to why we are the bad boys. Their words can hardly have made other non league teams feel sorry for them!

Its nice to come away with 3 points and its good that this whole episode is over and done with, if to only stop Cray and those impartial (ahem) journalists embarrasing themselves further.

Originally Posted By: finisterre
"This is not sour grapes, but the antics of Billericay Town must be known to fellow non-league clubs, to ensure that when their hour of need arrives, they turn their back on them."

As far as I can see, this is quote from the writer from Kentish Football, rather than a quote from Cray.

Stephen McCartney obviously prides himself on his honest, impartial, mature, fact-based journalism. Not.

Hopefully, someone will point out the help BTFC gave to CCFC in our hour of need?

Nice to get 3 points from a workmanlike performance. Shame most of the Cray supporters decided to boycott the game apparrently along with their officials who were never seen in the boardroom. Good manners obviously not top of the list in that part of Kent. The report linked above even has to make a remark about the officials being from Essex as if that was all a set up to make sure they lost.

If the amount of support they had on Fri night is indicative of what they take to Bromley (farther away) I dont think the bar takin compensation wil ammount to much.

Good to get the 3 points, I thought we definately deserved them and it was good to see Bricknell and Flack score.

The game got a bit scrappy in the second half, I thought we sat back quite a lot and soak up the pressure, but that could have been down to fitness levels. I thought when Baker, Wareham, and Yiga all came on, the game improved and we were able to hold the ball up. We look a lot more solid at the back then we did last season

4 points with 2 clean sheets and 1 conceded can't be a bad start, especially with 2 away games.

Walker made some very good saves in the second half, but a win was definately what we needed and hopefully we can push on from here.

Another entertaining game - Great to see both Billy And Flackie score, and some build up play was of a high standard. But, to me the most pleasing aspect is that we have now played 3 games and conceded 1 goal.

Was good to see the players celebrating the win as much as the travelling supporters.