Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How To Tell If There Are New Posts....

Hi,

As the system has changed new posts are identified in a different way.

First off, I would suggest clicking on 'Mark Board As Read' (in the footer) - this will mark all forums as read. This will give you a starting point for new posts.

Secondly the 'View New Content' link towards the top of the page can be configured in one of two ways. I would suggest changing this to 'Show me all content that I have not read' - you can change this by going to and scrolling to 'Search Settings'. http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp for a direct link or click on the down arrow by your name (top right) and select 'edit my settings'.

Whilst you are here, I would suggest clicking both the boxes above (in Posting Settings) - if you are using a compatible browser.newpost3.jpg

Anyway back to the new posts.

New posts are indicated by a change of icon. For a new post in a category you will see f_cat_unread.png,newpost1.jpg for a sub-forum within that you will see a green dot. For new posts in a forum you will see f_unread.png and for new posts in a thread/topic you will see t_unread.png newpost2.jpgand by clicking on new_post.png it will take you to the newest post unread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As the system has changed new posts are identified in a different way.

First off, I would suggest clicking on 'Mark Board As Read' (in the footer) - this will mark all forums as read. This will give you a starting point for new posts.

Secondly the 'View New Content' link towards the top of the page can be configured in one of two ways. I would suggest changing this to 'Show me all content that I have not read' - you can change this by going to and scrolling to 'Search Settings'. http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp for a direct link or click on the down arrow by your name (top right) and select 'edit my settings'.

Whilst you are here, I would suggest clicking both the boxes above (in Posting Settings) - if you are using a compatible browser.post-6-12525290278153_thumb.jpg

Anyway back to the new posts.

New posts are indicated by a change of icon. For a new post in a category you will see f_cat_unread.png,post-6-12525290581219_thumb.jpg for a sub-forum within that you will see a green dot. For new posts in a forum you will see f_unread.png and for new posts in a thread/topic you will see t_unread.png post-6-12525290381244_thumb.jpgand by clicking on new_post.png it will take you to the newest post unread.

How long after you read a post, do the icons change? I have read some posts a few days ago, that are still appearing as new posts on the screen.

First of all you might need to be logged in. Would strongly suggest this.

In any event I would suggest clearing all your cookies set by www.fansfocus.com and fansfocus.com.

And if it still does not work, let me know.

There is definitely some potential cookie issues which will remain until they expire, unless manually deleted. This is due to cookies sent twice.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

First of all you might need to be logged in. Would strongly suggest this.

In any event I would suggest clearing all your cookies set by www.fansfocus.com and fansfocus.com.

And if it still does not work, let me know.

There is definitely some potential cookie issues which will remain until they expire, unless manually deleted. This is due to cookies sent twice.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Think problem was I thought I was logged in as had ticked remember me box, but was actually signed in for some reason. Now logged in again, and appears ok. Thanks.