Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New style forum

Sorry guys & gals but I just find this new format very disapointing it is much more difficult to understand and its a shame that noticably the CCL forum seem to have lost many hits. It is just probably an age thing as far as I'am concerned.

Have to agree with Flint 700 that even basic things like colours are drab.

There are no longer links to the leauge tables,results and fixtures, attendance etc.

Also when you open a thread it starts at the first post rather than opening at the first non-read post.

Then there is the advertising which you have explained about due to costs, but you may well end up with no advertising on it and no revenue as no one comes on here due to the advertising!

The original front page comes up, but has links which dont take you to where you expect to go.

There is a strange image that flashes up at the top of the screen momenteraly every 30 or so seconds.

Overall it is like this forum has gone back 5-7 years - disapointing.

Puzzled about this as you have 8 skins to chose from - not sure you can call them all 'drab'. http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/topic/126508-want-to-change-the-look-of-the-forums/ is the post you need.

There are no longer links to the leauge tables,results and fixtures, attendance etc.

Sorry - only have one pair of hands - links are still available from the old home page, and will be merged here as quickly as possible.

Also when you open a thread it starts at the first post rather than opening at the first non-read post.

As mentioned in the help forum - click on the icon - not the entire line - this will take you to the first unread post. I am working on changing this though. http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/topic/126511-how-to-tell-if-there-are-new-posts/ is the post you need.

Then there is the advertising which you have explained about due to costs, but you may well end up with no advertising on it and no revenue as no one comes on here due to the advertising!

Currently one advert on each page - that is hardly excessive is it? You can always contribute the very small sum of £5 per year if you wish. Do you not watch ITV or any satellite channel due to adverts, or go to football grounds because there are adverts? It is advertising that keeps things paid for. Unless we enter a fee paying system only. The adverts currently are much less than previously.

The original front page comes up, but has links which dont take you to where you expect to go.

All links should redirect. If not please let me know.

There is a strange image that flashes up at the top of the screen momenteraly every 30 or so seconds.

Do you have the shoutbox visible? It is an ajax refresh. It is also used to create the full edit window on the quick reply box and similar functions.

I am sorry you feel this way. I put up a link to the test forums for quite a while, why not make a comment then? We are actually using one of the most advanced forum software systems available. Far more advanced that anything else on the market at this price.

Why not offer to help if you have some good ideas?

Try switching your skin to Red Pro or Duo, much better than the standard blue of either the old or current forum.

All in good time my good man.

no one comes on here due to the advertising!

That's rubbish! The majority of football forums have far more advertising than here and when we look to expand this site in a few months time I highly doubt there will be an increase in advertising.

Automatic refresh, you'll get used to it! ;)

Like Ian has said once everything is in place, links etc. will take you to the correct place. Still very much an unappreciated work in progress.

no worries - please if there is something you can't find or doesn't work as expected, please tell us.

This is the only way we can find out.

All to often people suffer is silence and think they cannot ask. No question is stupid, and we take all comments onboard and will do whatever we can to assist. For example the quick reply box was said to be too low, so I moved it up.

Earlier tonight I changed the default skin - the problem is the skin I am waiting for it not quite ready, so I was having to use the default skin.

We were going to have to have a major change anyway - it is the first big change in 7 years - so no-one can accuse us of constantly altering. I recall similar problems then as well. :)

So please - let me know if we can help. I might have overlooked the bleeding obvious!