Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues 0 Ashford 1

Steve U.

Surely, looking at the squad, it can only be a confidence issue. Brian came to a couple of our PSF's and was looking really forward to the start of the season

Suprised at the release of Spencer Knight, he was quality for us.Was it an injury problem?

Come on chaps its only October.....

Richard Head?

Mike Rotch or Hugh Jass, to lighten the mood :) With thanks to Bart Simpson.

if i reveal myself will i be safe?,i might have some of the boys stand behind me and throw chips at my head.

Hatricay I totally agree with you. We the fans should be able to have our say.

it's all a bit of a laugh, or is it a wind up !!!! but getting your point across using informed discussion and being constructive is the best way to make, what may be seen as controversial point of view, hiding behind anonymity to make outlandish comments, like 'sack the manager' isn't helpful to the club, why should things be said on here that you couldn't say at the match or in the bar after the game to other supporters or management, they are approachable, may not take any notice or agree though?

Keep the faith and have a positive attitude...... it's not tooooooo late

I'm only here for the beer wine though !

it's all a bit of a laugh, or is it a wind up !!!! but getting your point across using informed discussion and being constructive is the best way to make, what may be seen as controversial point of view, hiding behind anonymity to make outlandish comments, like 'sack the manager' isn't helpful to the club, why should things be said on here that you couldn't say at the match or in the bar after the game to other supporters or management, they are approachable, may not take any notice or agree though?

Keep the faith and have a positive attitude...... it's not tooooooo late

I'm only here for the beer wine though !

I like that posting ! And agree with it, Especially the bit about having a chat with supporters...Now, to lighten the mood I love my chats with little Nige, always sets me up for the day with total confusement .... I mean here's a sample of one the other match...

Me - So Nige, do you think the pitch looks good today

Nige - My bus got cancelled yesterday...

Me - Oh, so anyway, what about the pitch

Nige - Always the same

Me - Well i think it looks ok

Nige - Monday was useless

Me - Monday ? eh ? we did not play Monday

Nige - I see Manuella is back with us

Me - Err yeah, Nige - What has that got to do with the pitch ?

Nige - What about the pitch ??

Me - Fancy a pint Nige !

Yes, all in jest (well unless you have ever had a conversation with little Nige) top fella !

But the ultimate point is for us to have a positive attitude...We ALL see things perhaps we do not like on the pitch, but we as supporters have (what i like to think) as a special kind of friendship - We may only see folk once a week or whatever, but across all age groups we talk and openly discuss our views ! Jesus the amount of times we have all disagreed at a match about something ! But we all end up having a beer dont we...

What i am trying to say is like Top Cat has said, have a chat with folk after a game...I found putting points across to Barry made me feel a whole lot better as he then knew what our views were.. :smilewinkgrin:

People know who I am and I have never had any issues around the club and I have upset even the chairman on here over past couple of seasons. Maybe that is cause people know I do follow the club week in week out regardless of results. Maybe people are just curious as to whether you are a proper fan or just some rival fan trying to stir it up?

End of the day Hatricay you have a right to your opinion and anonymity if you so wish. This is a forum for fans to discuss and if you don't wish to reveal yourelf then in my opinion that is fine. You have only put across views that many express in person at the game but can't be bothered to come on here as they can't be bothered to take the flack that comes the way of those that criticise. I just hope for the sake of the forum that you are a proper fan and not some tit just trying to stir it all up, which is what previous posters have said.

Sorry but that is a load of old tosh, Patriot..

You have only put across views that many express in person at the game but can't be bothered to come on here as they can't be bothered to take the flack that comes the way of those that criticise.

Can't be bothered to take the flack? It takes more balls to stand in front of someone and air an opinion than sitting behind a keyboard and coming on all BBB. Now, yes, I do know you and likewise will give you stick on this forum if I feel you are out of line and you the same to me. All fair in love and war in that case as we both pull in the same direction as regards support for the club but a forum is just one medium for expressing an opinion and a popular one due to is ease of availability. Just because people don't use it isn't because they "can't be bothered" to take the flack, it's because they have a personal preference not to use the medium for whatever reason...that is their choice and their right.

Last Saturday, some of us were "challenged" (I believe that is the right word) after the game by some supporters that don't use the forum. Their concerns were the state of the football and the club. To be honest, I didn't recognise them or their son's but because they don't post anything on the forum doesn't make their opinion any less valid than yours. In fact, I considered his opinion well put and his reasoning behind questioning his further support well put. It doesn't make him any less of a person as your post suggests.