Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dormer and Flack.....

Ryan.c

I have discussed the matter with the Chairman and we are in agreement. We don’t wish to stand in Jo or Jamie’s way as we only want players who want to play for this football club, and clearly both players see their futures elsewhere.

I find that a bit disingenuous.

Jamie, in particular, is almost part of the furniture and if wants out it's not because he no longer wants to play. Far more to it than that, I'm sure.

Jamie looks a different player this season, his body language tells me he isn't happy, is there an underlying problem with the players at present, seems to me we have lost 10+ players so far this season to either them being released or now transfer requests, 10 games in, 8 points, players released, players leaving! there seems to be a dark cloud over the club which is going to burst any minute showering us with even more problems & bad results,

On the subject of new players being introduced - i think this is correct, but they will l need time to gel in!

Jamie and Jo are two of the best players for the club and the fact they want to leave shows just what a shambles the manager has made of the current team.

The fact Statham left Jo on the bench last Sat (whilst being our top scorer)is enough to make any player question the manager and whether he wishes to hang around. It is quite clear Statham on current record hasn't got a clue and the fact that these two players are looking to leave should be ringing alarm bells to those fans that follow the club home and away. Stathams comment re having players that want to play for the club is a joke. As previous posters have stated Jo and Dormer are part of the furniture at New Lodge and both give 100%, even Jo on Saturday when he came on as sub (sprinting past Baker who had half a pitch head start!). I think it is more a fact of not wanting to play for the manager who is ripping apart this club!

:argue:

Jamie and Jo are two of the best players for the club and the fact they want to leave shows just what a shambles the manager has made of the current team.

The fact Statham left Jo on the bench last Sat (whilst being our top scorer)is enough to make any player question the manager and whether he wishes to hang around. It is quite clear Statham on current record hasn't got a clue and the fact that these two players are looking to leave should be ringing alarm bells to those fans that follow the club home and away. Stathams comment re having players that want to play for the club is a joke. As previous posters have stated Jo and Dormer are part of the furniture at New Lodge and both give 100%, even Jo on Saturday when he came on as sub (sprinting past Baker who had half a pitch head start!). I think it is more a fact of not wanting to play for the manager who is ripping apart this club!

I think a lot of supporters will agree with Patriot's comments.

Hmm I seem to recall Flack wanted to leave in the summer before Statham had taken charge of a single game and understand that he has asked to leave three times already this season - that's hardly committment to the Club in my eyes - Prior to Ashford he had started every single game. Although I was surprised he was omitted from the starting line-up for that game, it's a very negative reaction to throw his toys yet again. The reality is Flack didn't want to play for us at the end of last season and still doesn't. Flackie is a very good player at this level but if he doesn't want to play for us then a solution has to be found.

I think the situation is slightly different with Dorms and I agree he's been a fine servant to the Club over many years but for me he is not the player he was a couple of seasons ago. His declining contribution to the "goals for" tally over that period of time would support my view and maybe a move for him would be in the best interests of both parties - perhaps that's why he is available on a free.

My scrutiny of the manager would be on who comes in. I would be loooking for vibrancy, hunger and energy - A sign that we'd looked around and really found young players that could improve us. I would be disappointed to see a load of journeymen come in. We'll have to wait and see.

I think your right

It's strange that it's BILLERICAY TOWN players that are for the chop/transfer since we switched management,

I agree some of them had to go and that is normal practice.

The players that have come in to replace them seem no better and in some case's a hell of a lot worse.

Sullivan was hailed as a great player and we were lucky to get him. Sorry but pre season to date he has had about 15 mins of any use (V Hornchurch) and the rest was rubbish (imo)

For weeks people have been saying on here and in the club house all of the above and still it is the Heybridge fateful that get the run out over BILLERICAY TOWN players :wall:

To have your best players sitting on the bench and to ignore the younger players coming up is not (imo) the best way to have respect from those

same players.

I quite understand where Jamie & Jo are coming from and hope things change before they are snapped up and will come back to haunt us.

I also agree that the management are a nice bunch of guys and having spoke with them both in the past i really liked what they had to say about the club and the plans for the future, BUT the plan at heybridge did not work and i doubt very much if it will work here. Do we have a plan X?

:wall:

Seriously concerned for our club now. Not suprised about Jo and Jamie's decision as I personally feel that these two stalwarts,who have always played for the badge, have been badly let down by the current management. Jo has run his socks off whenever he has been allowed to play, but with a mainly inept defensive midfield behind , has not received the service he needs to keep up his unquestionable goalscoring record. He proved himself at Hornchurch, when he scored two exquisite goals, entirely of his own making. Seems to me we are losing our quality and replacing it with dour, disinterested players. The results and performances speak for themselves. Please sort it and save our club before its too late.

I agree with most of the above. Jo Flack has been on and off the transfer list for some time but for Jamie to actually request a transfer clearly reveals that all is not well behind the scenes - perhaps a previous post about a split in the changing room is right.

Anyway, if they do go then we have pretty much a squad chosen by the management team so absolutely no excuses then. And then if the results don't start to come presumably it will have to be the managements turn to depart ? There could really be no option - and Peter Taylor and John Barnes are now both available !!!

JL I agree with you partly bout Flack but he like many talented players of his age he wants to be playing for a team that is going places. He is a 20+ goals a season player and he can play at least a grade, maybe two higher. I honestly thinks he wants to do that with Billericay but on current squad this is clearly not going to happen and the fact that he gets dropped when he is top scorer must leave him wondering what he is doing at the club. If we as fans and a club are going to let a 20+ goals a season man leave a club at our level in our position then I fear for the worst!

JL Statham bought in several bods pre season and barring a couple of defenders and the goalie they just aren't good enough. "vibrancy, hunger and energy" have been missing from all his additions I am not sure what this second batch of new signings will bring, but I live in hope!

God help him if he brings in players and insists the fans must give the team time to gel.........

We're doomed Juande Ramos needs to go now!

Pointless exercise plating Crittalls yesterday - where was Shinn?

and just to rub it in Chelmsford are still in the FA Cup - Stathams old village team couldn't beat 9 men.

Bring back Jonah.

Can you blame Jamie? Frankly it's ridiculous that he's lost the captain's arm band to a newcomer, particularly as that newcomer does nothing on the pitch that warrants being the captain. That's just one of the many decisions that has been more than a little questionable so far this season.

This club is falling apart very very fast and if Jamie and Jo do go, it will be the first nail firmly in the coffin.

Jo Flack and Jamie Dormer leaving will be a blow as both are quality players and match winners on their day. But unless I've missed something, both have asked to leave the club. If neither has the desire to be here then they, and we, move on. I concur with JL's post above, it will be who replaces them that the current management should be judged on. I don't agree that the club is falling apart, we've made an horrendous start to the season and some players want away (good and popular ones granted), no shock there then! I do believe though that the management need to act quickly in bringing new players in, and the players need to start producing results on the pitch starting Tuesday against Kingstonian. The next two games are HUGE.