Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch Invitational Darts Event

Eastside Urchin

There will be a Darts tournament at the bridge on Thursday 26th November 2009

The tournament will be a team event with each team playing another to go through to the next round and so on.

If you would like to enter a team let me know asap,we are trying to get a few local non league essex clubs involved,hopefully 8 or 16,so if you would like a team,get in touch

There will be an entrance fee,either per person or per team(still to be decided) and the winners will recieve a trophy and prize per team,maybe prizes for runners up as well.

Full details will be posted on here and website as soon as we have finalised them

In the mean time,canvey have agreed to play the return leg at our place,it is hoped to play this game in the next 3 weeks,we will talk tomorrow more but all those interested please post on here or see me,the ones who played at canvey will get first refusal but there will be spaces for others.With regards to the main event on the 26th,maybe we could put two team out for this so more can play.there will be somepractice nights at the club to help us win the crown.

You have only beaten us three times in about 100 attempts in meaningful matches, so dream on bird boy.

Is there a paralympic version where the board is lower and we can throw from our wheel chairs?

It would have been four times if you hadn't cocked up on the player eligibility front!

BB , can you stick down the underdogs of Great Wakering down for a team please mate. Our gaffer is an arrows afficionado , a few of us others know the game but are not great at all , but we'll give it a shot.

I'm surprised they let you lot loose with sharp instruments !

:coffee (2):

:Kick_Can_emoticon:

:bolt:

• 3 weeks later...

This event is just over two weeks away now.

We should have the darts stands with us(2) in the next few days

So far we have Horcnhurch,canvey,dagenham & great wakering with teams

In the last 24 hours i have had interest from Barnet and a team from brentwood.Hopefully we can get these on board and another side as well as maybe entering a 2nd team from hornchurch to make it an 8 way team event.

the format will be 7 players in each team,all playing once so we will definatly get a result from each match.the winners will then go through to the next round and so on and so forth.

Each player will pay £7 and it is likely that the winners will take the whole pot.If we only manage to get 4 teams it will work out approx £30 each per player winnings,team of 6 £45 each approx & 8 teams approx £60

If anyone else wants to enter a team let me know,but we will not exceed 8 teams due to the amount of time we have on the night

Once we know when we will have the boards & stands we will arrange for a couple of nights beforehand where we can open the club up and have a practice for all fans.

Please can you let me know if you want to play,the more the merrier as we can make a bit of money for the club behind the bar.

Should this event go well i think we should maybe one sunday do a singles event

Cheers

Rob

Names so far (we are trying to get two teams up for this one)

Me

Mr Thomlinson

Hornchurch o

Jordan

Colin Burford

trying to get hold of Mike collier who played for us last time and a couple of others have expressed an interest,if you can play let me know,it will be good night