Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Replay Tuesday

Windsor_Sec

So unlucky and not at all deserved for them.

Victors pace made space upfront and dispite not creating too many chances, against a side with a decent defence in the league above rememeber, we were in charge of the game.

Dont expect alot of fans coming tuesday! There must of been nearly as many Windsor as Evesham!

"When Spud, Stood up, To pull his trousers up, We were there! We were there!"

To be fair to their keeper I think he meant it as a compliment. Victor did run them ragged though; it’s been a long long time since we had somebody with genuine pace playing up front for us.

We dominated the game just didn't kill them off, at 1-0 your always susceptible to a freak goal but it was a good performance nonetheless.

Nice ground at Worcester just a shame there weren’t many people there, although it is a fair treck from Evesham to Worcester, the Evesham fans that were there seemed friendly enough.

Should be another good game tomorrow night.

I just meant did he think maybe he had tempted fate?!?! They seemed like a nice enough club, can't imagine our crowd will be much bigger tuesday, maybe 120 if a few groundhoppers pop in?

I thought a thoroughly good performance only marred by the late goal. We should be confident we can turn them over if we play like that again.

Victor does have real pace and seems fit, he didn;t seem to slow up as the game went on and he can clearly play a bit of football too. Maybe this is the start of something good.....

So people reported we edged Saturday's game but not last night. Although it was a dreadful 1st half, overall I suppose we didn't do particularly badly but Evesham looked what they are, from the league above us (albeit struggling somewhat). Better, faster, more clinical and deserving of the result.

First viewing in our shirt but although I thought Victor O. showed a poor 1st touch, boy is he fast. He will / does scare the life out of defenders at our level. (Mind you, I said the same about Marcus Richardson when he arrived (not the fast bit!). Having said that he had his best game for us last night by a mile - he almost looked effective. Sub cameo roles is where it's at for him I suspect.)

The difference (I'm tempted to call it a gulf) between the 2 teams from above who have knocked us out of the Cups is worrying as crowds of 150 won't produce enough cash for the player investment required for next season.....

That was rubbish.

I thought apart from being organsised Evesham have NOTHING. Two games and i still think that. They didnt beat us. We lost due to our own poor performance. We looked toothless in most departments last night. Only Fagan looked up for it for the full 90 mins. Jake Parsons was clearly dissapointed but he shouldnt of let his head drop like that when there was still a faint chance of getting back into it but he always gives it his best shot so you can't knock him too much. Thought Seeds head was dropped too last night and as one of the more senior figures should not of done so.

As for a gulf in class...utter rubbish. Plenty of sides better than that in our own league and THAT'S what is worrying.

First 30 mins we looked quite good playing decent stuff or at least trying to but then went on the backfoot. If we gave another 90 mins like we did on Saturday i think we'd of beat them.

To be honest I'm not surprised the players heads dropped as I think the ref had a appalling game. He let the Evesham players kick lumps out of us in the first half and missed so many incidents going both ways its was farcical.

Come the second half we started playing a much more physical game and he decided to suddenly clamp down on it, I do think he had lost control in the end.

I'm not blaming the ref for our loss.. we just didn't seem to have turned up at some points yet conversely at times when we came forward playing good football they had no answer and looked really uncomfortable dealing with it.

The game really was an enigma as far how we can swing so much between the two. I think we are a hard side to beat but we do suffer consistency problems over the 90mins and last night highlighted that.

All credit to Eveshams manager after Saturday I think he knew that 'playing football' would be a hard way to beat us so changed his tactics accordingly. They did have a few really good spells of play and they can certainly 'play' decent football, which made it all the more frustrating the physical tactics they adopted. I was left feeling a bit cheated out of what could have been a really great game win, loose or draw.

On the balance of it I did think last night they deserved to win. Their keeper pulled off an outstanding save from the free kick and they seemed to have thier heads there for the full 90min (read 102).

Agree with Woody I'm not going to criticise Jake it is so out of character for his head to drop and they were trying hard to take him out of the game.

Some positives that came out of it for me were I thought Richardson had a pretty good match when he came on but I think that is because the ball was being playing into his feet which he definitely seems to prefer.

The other big plus was David Pearce he looked quality and once he came on their left back suddenly became very reluctant to get forward, he is definitely a player for the future.

I think Fuzzy is right in what he was saying last night at some point we will hit a run of form and absolutely unload on someone...

I thought apart from being organsised Evesham have NOTHING. Two games and i still think that. They didnt beat us. We lost due to our own poor performance.

As for a gulf in class...utter rubbish. Plenty of sides better than that in our own league and THAT'S what is worrying.

First 30 mins we looked quite good playing decent stuff or at least trying to but then went on the backfoot. If we gave another 90 mins like we did on Saturday i think we'd of beat them.

Where were you last night, coz you sure as hell weren't at Stag Meadow watching the game I watched.

Ermm, how many shots did we have last night? How many saves did their 'keeper make? How many routine catches did he make for that matter? He actually hardly touched the ball apart from collecting back-passes or aimless punts into the area from our midfield.

Yes we were pretty poor (until the last 20 when we livened up a bit) but Evesham made us poor because they were so much quicker all over the pitch, so much stronger in possession and they really did look a league above us.

The ref wasn't great but I don't think he was that bad - I don't recall Evesham putting in a single bad challenge all night. It's a man's game for Christ sake, and physical challenges are a part of it.

If you'd of been at the game saturday you'd of seen us playing well and they had no answer for it. We lacked that drive last night. Saturday Jake tormented their defenders but cutting inside alot of the time. If we'd of had Joe on from the start perhaps it'd of been a different result. Scott Thomas is in my view a luxury player and certainly can't change a game in the same way a run down the wing can. Hitting the ball aimlessly forward isnt doing anything helpful!

Evesham did well to keep the ball in play most of the match that's how poor their passing was. Can't recall Rob making too many saves either really. Certainly no more than their keeper did!

Evesham's 4-5-1 proved effective enough, but i was a bit disappointed in that we were far too cautious for my liking. Of course you dont want to concede early on but i feel we could have really punished them in the opening 15 minutes and as the half progressed you could see them scoring. Once Victor and Chenns have played together a bit we will be in for a treat.I hope that our passing improves too, last night our needless giving the ball away was painful to watch even rubbing off on Bully. It's an old cliche i know but concentrating on the league is what we need to do and getting as many points on the board, lets go out and win this league. Other than that pace ourselves for fifth place and win the play-offs.

Can't recall Rob making too many saves either really. Certainly no more than their keeper did!

Probably because their shots went past him.

He caught / punched / flapped at loads of high balls as well; I can only remember their 'keeper making one catch, one punch.

The key difference to me was the pace of play. I couldn't work out at first what caused the difference at first, because individually we seemed to match up, but they just seemed to be getting more ball, intercepting, applying pressure more than us.

Only got it at the end...

- we stood still. Much of the time, when passing, the Windsor recipient stood still & waited for the ball, then started running (IF he even received it). We'd move off the ball, but then if it was accurate stop once it was struck.

- they kept moving. They moved towards our passes, so they ended up intercepting more: and they moved toward their own passes, so they already had pace when they took the ball and were harder to tackle, and also they more consistently passed close ahead rather than to a static point.

That was the difference for me, and I think that's why we struggled so against Farnboro who did the same thing but better. Maybe what we do works at this level, but we just need to be sharper and quicker off the ball to compete at the next level up. Individual effort & skill is all very well - and although a couple of our guys didn't have a great day, most tried hard & played well - but it's also about working fast as a team, being aware of the game and ready for the next move.

In my opinion from what i have seen i dont think there is much of a gulf between our division and the one above when you think of the teams that have gone up most have held their own. I just feel Evesham on the night had a plan and stuck to it, first half an hour they were absolute kak, both goals well taken though, i am convinced we would more than hold our own in the premier, getting there is the hard bit.