Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Help Required !!!

I run a website devoted to the history of Margate FC - www.margatefchistory.co.uk - and as part of my research for the project I've been trying to find out every line-up for every game since WWII.

From 1946-1964 I'm only missing one line-up and I'm hoping a Fleet fan can help me out.

So can anybody tell me who played for Margate in their game at Gravesend on 4th May 1949 ? Gravesend won the match 4-2.

Perhaps somebody out there has these kind of records, or maybe the programme for the game with team changes written in ?

I know I'm clutching at straws but I've tried all the Margate area local papers from the era, plus Dartford and Gravesend libraries and I've had no joy !

If anybody can help then please E-MAIL me, rather than post the info here.

I'd really appreciate it. MARGATE FC HISTORY WEBSITE jeff@tricej.freeserve.co.uk [color:"blue"] [/color]

Ok - it's not looking good !

So can anybody reccomend anybody who might be able to help me ? Does the club have a historian or something ?

Thanks for the replies, I've e-mailed the paper as suggested and if Paul Harrison does have the info then please let me know.

Cheers

Jeff