Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gavin Smith

windsorian

Firstly welcome to Gavin Smith... Set me thinking though...

That means we now have 5 strikers in the squad, do people think that is maintainable at this level?

I can't see Richardson, Osubu or Wallow leaving which leaves one option. I'm thinking someone may have put a 7 day approach in on Chennels, looking around the clubs Slough need a striker after Craig leaving but I can't see he would go there as its playing at the same level. The other option would be Maidenhead as they have had a few players leave and are about to loose their striker as his loan contract expires. Would be a good move for Chens playing at the higher level but a real shame for us if that is the case. Any thoughts anyone?

Disclaimer.. This is only a thought I had!

I agree with your line of thinking, but Maidenhead, I would have thought higher. Maybe Scotty's contacts within Wycombe (and them lying rock bottom of Div 1)may have made them think again? Surely a decent gamble, especially as a few teams seem to be taking non league players at the moment.

Be a huge shame for us but a great opportunity for Chenns and always nice to see an ex Windsor player on the telly.

I think Chenns is too good for lower level non league and will score goals in the Conference and football league given a chance. Even if we go up he have to move to progress his career, just hope we get a few shiny pennies for him!!

Suddenly we've gone from Chenns and Wallace to 5 strikers. Doesnt mean anyone is going as just a few weeks ago we were struggling for goals! I notice Smith hasnt played in a while due to injury and is ex-bracknell. Perhaps he'll go on loan to them to get fit again?

Have to say I was thinking the exact same thing. I really hope Chenns hangs around for a while yet but wouldn't begrudge him the chance to play at a higher level; he's certainly put in a good shift for us over the last 3 years or so. Long may it continue.

Anyway exiting times down at the meadow with all these striking options, makes you wonder what might have been last season if we had had the fire-power that we do now!

Wycombe is an interesting one as I'm sure I remember someone saying Keith knows Gary Waddock the new manager quite well.

But good though Chennels is I think it would be a big gamble to take him up in to division 1 straight away. I hope for Chennels's sake that is the case and I do think he could make a name for himself at that level. But if Wycombe were interested I think it would be to get him on the books and then loan him out to a lower league professional club to see how he performs.

Sitting at the Bottom of Div1 I think they will be looking for some more experienced players to steady the ship a bit.

Hoping he isn't leaving though as with the front option are as we have them at the moment we must have one of the best Strike forces in the league!

Someones been reading the forum! Click Here

At least they took the time to talk to Scotty and find out what was going on.

Unlike the Express who once again decide they can't be bothered and nick what is on the WEFC site and then mess up trying to make it look like something they have produced!!!

I am getting sick and tired of doing match reports and putting articles on the site for the Express to some along and take them for their own. At least when I use articles I give the proper recognition!!

I hope Fuzzy and Joel will apologise for intrupting Malcs and Scotty's evening to put an end to their OTT theorys! :smilewinkgrin:

Done abit more digging... Gavin Smith's injury woe!

So by the sound of that he'll not be fully fit for a month or so. Speaking of injurys i'm off to carry on watching Utd loose to the dingles. Thank god windsor can win a game!! :flame:

At least they took the time to talk to Scotty and find out what was going on.

Unlike the Express who once again decide they can't be bothered and nick what is on the WEFC site and then mess up trying to make it look like something they have produced!!!

I am getting sick and tired of doing match reports and putting articles on the site for the Express to some along and take them for their own. At least when I use articles I give the proper recognition!!

It's not just Windsor, I can assure you. I quite like seeing my work in the paper, just a shame someone else gets the credit. I can understand times are hard and they can't send reporters to games, but it would be nice to be asked.

What really annoys me is that during pre-season I had an email conversation with Steve Spencer who kindly asked me to make sure that if I use articles from their website that I credit it to the correct paper. Not a harsh thing to ask and was more than happy to do this.

When I then replied and asked him to do the same when using items that have he said, and I quote "OK, no worries".

I then notice that a month later two reports suddenly show up not only on the website but also in the paper.

When I then question him about this I get, and again I qoute:-

"That’s fine when we use a report word for word. But for the MK Dons game, we used the report on the website to pick out the main details – scorers etc - to write our own report. Obviously we would like to write one from pitchside but are unable to cover everyone with just the two of us!!"

So why not ask clubs to provide the reports, the same way that Mark Roach used to do at the Observer? How do you think that the Non-League papers survive?

Then 4 weeks ago I get this from the same guy:-

"I understand, from the forum, that you’re annoyed about our ‘copy and pasting’ of match reports from the club website?"

Yes, I am annoyed, I spend a lot of time and effort writing articles and reports for the club and it's supports, not so that a newspaper can have an easy ride.

And by the way, if the Express is reading this then well done on the piss poor effort of copying the article about Gavin Smith!!

For those that haven't read the ripped off version then here is the opening line, see if you can spot where they went wrong:-

Windsor & Eton have snappd up striker Gavin Smith from Ashford Town, further strengthening his front line.

Your not the only one Mal.

I had an email from Steve Spencer after a comment made during the Keith Scott/Wycombe saga to the tune of "Can you contact me via email regarding the use of material on the Slough website." Which I did asking for how I could help him and never got a response. I then saw a copy of an email sent to one of Burnham's fans by Steve Spencer posted on their guest book stating; "People at Slough Town, Windsor & Eton and Maidenhead United are constantly moaning about our coverage."

Yes we moan about the coverage because what he and Baylis Media do amounts to plagiarism. I have a whole list of articles I can point to where the copy & pasting is so unbelievably blatant that it includes mistakes. Our complaint with the company goes back to even last year when another member of our fans contacted them regarding printed work but they never replied.

It doesn't take all of 2 seconds to credit a source. We at Slough aren't going to say no to the coverage we get, we would just like some appreciation for the time and effort we put in to provide them with news - which at the end of the day is printed in their coverage, and by the sounds of it without our work they wouldn't have a sports section.

When I then question him about this I get, and again I qoute:-

"That’s fine when we use a report word for word. But for the MK Dons game, we used the report on the website to pick out the main details – scorers etc - to write our own report. Obviously we would like to write one from pitchside but are unable to cover everyone with just the two of us!!"

Not sure about the 'write our own report' bit! What typically happens is I find my reports in the paper, with certain bits edited out and words rearranged to make it sound different. I'm not sure if that counts as writing their own report.

You can certainly tell when I've not got around to writing a Tuesday night report until after their printing deadline, let me put it that way.

Also agree about the shoddy editing. Anyone with a copy of last Friday's paper need only read the first three paragraphs of the Woodford United write-up to know what I'm talking about.

The thing is, I can't talk on behalf of Slough Town Football Club as I'm not an official, but I'm sure the club wants positive relationships with all local media. I agree with you, I don't see why we, as volunteers for our clubs, can't submit reports for them to use if they can't manage their own.

That is my point exactly Tom.

I have had this going back at keast a couple of seasons now. Never once have Windsor & Eton moaned about the coverage they get in the papers, because to be fair it has been good.

All we want is recognition for what we have done and not to have it given to someone wants to pick up a pay cheque for sitting around looking a websites and basically stealing other peoples work.