Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Live Updates from Waltham Abbey

Jake

Great game for the neutral

Some excellent passing movement going forward with lots of width. They could not handle Cliff or Ben Clark.

Sam Cliffs header superb. Healeys first goal dispatched in the corner. His second probably an own goal. Trademark Blackman penalty straight and hard. Robertson superb and Lacy very good going forward.

The not so goods or down right poor play. No idea at corners and set plays and the goalie looked vunerable to me. He was up against a fearce wind sec. half but he did not comand his box. Basicly we cannot defend!

Excellent Gate support amonst just 129. Probably 30 or more. Just a touch of sourness. One Gate fan got frustrated with Blackmans missed chance and told him toget off. Not good and Lolyd heard it too. His work rate is always superb.

New guy terrific a faster rocky type. I think everyone will like him. Quaint old fashioned ground but great tea and bovril.

Right. MB came up to us after the game. Standing nearby was a black player in what I think was a Sutton united Tracksuit top. MB pointed at Clark amd said "If you think he's fast wait to you see him play" pointing to the other guy. He then grabbed the Guy and told him to go straight over to Ken T to sign papers. He was sat near me in the stand in first half and I heard him say something along the lines of the paperwork not being ready for tonight. MB also said to get along Saturday as we should have another signing by then also. As someone said earlier Lee protheroe was also at the game and was talking to Colin Page, who asked him if he was there to see the gaffer , at which he replied yes. I don't think, from what I heard that it was a pre planned appointment.

After tonight we still have a lot of work to do against set pieces. We looked like conceding at every corner, not helped by some big lads playing for Abbey. Abbey were a good side and I can see why they have turned a few good teams over this year.

Funny little ground, small stand, probably same amount of seats as ours, and a small covered terrace at the entrance, behind the goal to the right and a small open terrace next to it at the same end behind the goal . The rest was just grass banking along the opposite side of the stand and a nothing but hardstanding behind the other goal. I couldn't believe that they didn't have a bar, until Daniel pointed out that it was ouside the ground on the other side of the car park!!

Anyway an entertaining nights football to say the least, and at least we showed that we can score goals.

Some excellent passing movement going forward with lots of width. They could not handle Cliff or Ben Clark.

Sam Cliffs header superb. Healeys first goal dispatched in the corner. His second probably an own goal. Trademark Blackman penalty straight and hard. Robertson superb and Lacy very good going forward.

The not so goods or down right poor play. No idea at corners and set plays and the goalie looked vunerable to me. He was up against a fearce wind sec. half but he did not comand his box. Basicly we cannot defend!

Excellent Gate support amonst just 129. Probably 30 or more. Just a touch of sourness. One Gate fan got frustrated with Blackmans missed chance and told him toget off. Not good and Lolyd heard it too. His work rate is always superb.

New guy terrific a faster rocky type. I think everyone will like him. Quaint old fashioned ground but great tea and bovril.

Generally agree with what has been said about tonight, all in all a good value for money night but we shouldn't forget the ref who I thought had a good game. Gave no cards out although I have seen other refs do so in similar circumstances. He also had a good line in repartee!

Excelllent, definately some positives showing already. Looks like M.B. has moved quite quickly to find the sort of players he liked, although to be fair, Big Nev did say all season that we had been lacking pace.

just a few of my thoughts on tonights game sorry to disagree with previous posts but here goes, they were not a good team not by a long chalk, robinson wasnt superb cliff wasnt unplayable protheroe was not there just because he lives nearby, all 3 of their goals were down to the keeper, and when we were awarded the pen i told one of their supporters to tell their goalie to stand up and still and he would catch it, he half heartedly did this but the goalie didnt listen, we both looked at each other and laughed after the ball went straight down the centre. the new bloke is quick though oh yes.

oh yes

That means I have used the right person for his profile then!!!

Surprised to find he is a defender as from what I have heard he seemed to be forward a lot. And very very fast!

Anyone at the game hear any rumblings of who the returning striker is? I want to try to get things ready for Tuesday's programme!

Anyone at the game hear any rumblings of who the returning striker is?

Dunno, was at work - but Danny H, Pinns or Rob Haworth were the last 'popular' strikers ... all would be welcome, as would Billy Dunn (does he qualify?).

I agree with Geoff . The MB and SB have had the lads concentrating on fitness and it shows. Their tanks were full last night and they lasted the whole race. The big problem we had was central defence, could not defend corners. As for the Keeper, if he has know confidence in what is in front of him then it shooting practice time, Set pieces were a nightmare. Blackmans sitter, he ran between 2 defenders flat out, ball going away from him and hit the ball at full stretch. This on a pitch that bumped along like a cow pasture. Curtis was lucky in front of goal, ball covered very nicely thank you very much, hit the ground turned away sharp right.

I lost count the times a certain midfielder on his patrol of the whole of midfield took the ball away from others,missed tackles or got in the way of passes. Come in Ramsgate his work rate would fit in at Southwood.

The new boy Clark as pace, Curtis told me after VCD that the kid was as fast as lightning. It was his pace down the left that forced their guy to concede a penalty. Dan Young has know started to mix in with the warm up, so getting closer.

Tighten the central defense, and we would have run out 4-2

Mmmmmmmm I wonder who that was.

:coolsmoke:

I agree with Geoff . The gaffer's MB and SB have had the lads concentrating on fitness and it shows. Their tanks were full last night and they lasted the whole race. The big problem we had was central defence, could not defend corners. As for the Keeper, if he has know confidence in what is in front of him then it shooting practice time, Set pieces were a nightmare. Blackmans sitter, he ran between 2 defenders flat out, ball going away from him and hit the ball at full stretch. This on a pitch that bumped along like a cow pasture. Curtis was lucky in front of goal, ball covered very nicely thank you very much, hit the ground turned away sharp right.

I lost count the times a certain midfielder on his patrol of the whole of midfield took the ball away from others,missed tackles or got in the way of passes. Come in Ramsgate his work rate would fit in at Southwood.

The new boy Clark as pace, Curtis told me after VCD that the kid was as fast as lightning. It was his pace down the left that forced their guy to concede a penalty. Dan Young has know started to mix in with the warm up, so getting closer.

Tighten the central defense, and we would have run out 4-2

oh yes

That means I have used the right person for his profile then!!!

Surprised to find he is a defender as from what I have heard he seemed to be forward a lot. And very very fast!

Anyone at the game hear any rumblings of who the returning striker is? I want to try to get things ready for Tuesday's programme!

Looks a little slimmer know .