Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
FleetFanatic

Discipline & fines.....

According to the Reporter, the main source of news these days, we are due to appear before the FA on 14th July.

Hailfax were fined £5,000

Quote:
Hopefully we should be ok as we were a NP side..?

Halifax were newly-relegated, shouldn't they have got the 'Margate treatment' as well?

Quote:
I would imagine we should get the treatment that Margate originally got - suspended sentence?

Is this based on anything other than blind hope?

Quote:
Is this based on anything other than blind hope?

I usually like to base all my opinions on blind stupidity.

Blind hope is the next step up for me. blush.gif

Halifax were alongside us at the top of the indiscipline table last season, and this will have meant that their suspended fine was imposed, albeit that it appears to have been reduced - presumably due to an improvement from the previous season??

If Skins picks up as many bookings and sendings off as last year , he should be made to pay the fine himself !!!!! Alternatively pro rata the fine amongst all who get booked or dismissed. 1 share for a booking, 2 shares for a sending off.

Why should the paying fans be made to pay for bad tackles, arguing, retaliationm time wasting etc. Our cash should be spent on wages, ground development and buying new players, not funding indiscipline.

lots of those bookings and sending offs were down to the poor standard of refs some of the decisions were diabolical but the players should be made to pay for there lack of indiscipline.

Quote:
Chatham Gary said:
If Skins picks up as many bookings and sendings off as last year , he should be made to pay the fine himself !!!!! Alternatively pro rata the fine amongst all who get booked or dismissed. 1 share for a booking, 2 shares for a sending off.
Why should the paying fans be made to pay for bad tackles, arguing, retaliationm time wasting etc. Our cash should be spent on wages, ground development and buying new players, not funding indiscipline.

You're not serious are you?????

It's difficult enough to sign players at the moment, tell them that they will have to pay part of a fine and they will be straight down the M2 to play for Margate.

If I am not mistaken, the players do have to pay at least a portion of their fines, AND IT WAS a bit of a sticking point with a couple of the signings from last year.

If it is true, then Skins would more than likely have ended up paying the club to play towards the end of last season.

Quote:
made to pay for their lack of INdiscipline

So the well behaved players will have to pay the fines for the ones who pick up the bookings ?? Is that your suggestion? grin.gif

It's all crap

Of course the players shouldn't be made to pay for the fines imposed on the club, however culpable they are for them. Firstly, no one would sign for us, secondly, it's down to the manager. If a player is unruly, sort him or sack him.

A lot of our bookings last season were bull$hit, but a lot of them weren't, we had too many cards for time wasting or dissenetion (excuse the spelling, it's 3.15, I'm drunk and Busted is on the tv, enough to excuse anything)

Hopefully this season, the players will have settled down some and we can stop all the pointless bookings. We're better than that, and we can't afford the fines.

It's no use whining about last season, would've, could've, should've lets just get on with this year. I'm looking forward to my first Saturday afternoon of football in what seems like an age, GO FLEET!!

Being cautioned or sent-off for mis-timed tackles is one thing but dissent is totally different. How many times last season did we see players run out of position to get involved in arguments with the officials over incidents that had nothing to do with them. I know that they want to support their team mates but by wading in with their 'three 'appence worth' they take the focus away from from the offender with enevitable circumstances.

Come on lads, let's be a little smarter this season.

Some very interesting points raised on the subject of Discipline and Fines.

Why don't one of you GN posters put it on a wider thread ?

I CERTAINLY would have my five pennyworth !