Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town v Boreham Wood

Team: walker mcsweeney cousins© shinn kersey wild green pond baker bricknell slatter

Subs: oates woods-garness street bailey-dennis wareham

Billericay Town 1-0 Boreham Wood (Green 37m)

Billericay Town 1-0 Boreham Wood HT

Billericay Town 2-0 Boreham Wood (Bricknell 55m (Pen))

Sent Off: Baker (Billericay) 70m (Straight Red)

Billericay Town 2-0 Boreham Wood FT

What a fantastic result and great atmosphere today by the behind goal supporters. One thing i am disapointed by is the announcement of "todays attendance is 305...3...0...5." However 3 points yet another clean sheet -9 goal difference now only, and hopefully more wins and performances to follow will bring back the quantity of fans at BTFC.

COYB heres to our play off push...sorry have i overdone it? :) :) :)

i agree yeahthat.gif

the atmosphere was brilliant today and the gate low again...

the boys played well today even though we were redused to 10 men again

bit disapointed with their keepers antics ...running half the length of the pitch to get involved wotta joke(red card imo)

4 clean sheets on the spin,1 defeat in 11 games looking good at lastapplaus.gifcoyb

A very good result today. We needed those 3 points so the pressure was on and the players responded admirably. For a team who started the day in 7th place 't wood had little to offer against our incredibly solid looking defence. Bakes had a great game until the Red Card. I don't profess to have much of an understanding of the rule book, but there seemed an injustice in Baker walking & Tucker getting off with a Yellow.

My only critiscism is we are still giving up possesion needlesly with speculative long balls or innacurate passing and inviting the pressure straight back onto us. Get that sorted and we'll be well on our way.

A great performance, we could have been 3 or 4 up at half time. Off the bottom of the league and with games in hand we must now look for a surge up the table.

BUT the discipline is a major concern. Not really sure why Baker got a straight red when others around seemed to escape ( especially their number 6) But the the statistics don't lie -look at the programme team sheets it is littered with a huge number of yellow and red cards ( 6 or 7 reds this season we are getting used to playing with 10 men) , this is going to come back and haunt us as we face suspensions to key players.

Ian Cousins is playing superbly at left back and the verbal communication of the back 4 was excellent today Chris Wild looks a great acquisition vey dangerous at set pieces.

Well done lads a magnificent result against a team that didn't come too close to scoring. Only 1 defeat in 11 games, we seem to have something to shout about now

Great performance today, definately deserved the win I thought we were by far the better side!! It was good to get our first home league win this season, which will be another thing that will add confidence to the players, it is good that we are carrying on a good run and our good performances, only lost 1 in 11 and kept a clean sheet in the last 4, not much more you could ask for!!! Does anyone know if Baker's first game suspension starts on the Rushden game? Absolutely gutted for him if it is because he deserves to play in that game, however I am concerned at our discipline record, we do need to sort this, also another two things is that our midfield could keep the ball a bit better but from what Statham has said in the programme, he will address this, and I didn't know why we were sitting back and defending too deep after going 2-0 up?

But can't take that away from the team, it was really enjoyable to watch and more of the same please!!

Ian Cousins is playing superbly at left back...

Personaly, I look forward to see Dumas back in that position. I think we miss that accurate forward ball down the left.

Well done lads like the rest here I thought that was a convincing performance and the determination was very clear for all to see. Billy seems to have his sparkle back and we have a number of players who are dominant in their postions now, thinking particularly of Wild, Cousins, Shinn, Green.

Yet again I am shocked at a ref's decision. I have no problem with Bakes getting a card for trying to get someone booked, but a straight red, when did that ever happen?! I was also disappointed by Tuckers reaction and subsequent comments. I stand behind the goal and I didn't like his wind ups about the gates going down and the manager. He was one of my favourite players when he was here.

Its good to see we have our fight and belief back.

Come on you Blues!

Another good performance which builds on the recent performances in that some of the things which needed to be improved were improved on...although posession was squandered a bit at times.

Have we turned the corner? I'll take a rain cheque on that until we're out of the poo but the players do deserve a pat on the back and the support of everyone.

Brian and Barry's wine bottle finally arrived at the bar with a layer of dust scuppered from its surface :)

almost a vintage....hope they enjoyed it, Barry said he would ‘neck it’ in one !!!!!! they’ll be another one there for the next Home WIN :peace:

Great win.... this is the turning point....high team confidence, string of wins and even holding on with ten men in two matches, and a nice game at R&D for the guys to look forward to, although the League is where it matters, I do feel we are on the ascendant.

Long time until the next home game unless R&D is a draw.....

A well deserved win for us and we made a handily placed team that seemed pretty strong on paper look quite ordinary. The key to the win imo was that we kept their wing-backs (who are both really wingers) going backwards not forwards until we were 2-0 up and this seemed to completely cut their supply line. As we dropped deeper they did get more into the game but again our well marshalled defence seemed to handle everything quite comfortably.

I agree with the posters above though that we need to cut out these needless cards - Losing Baker for three games will be a big blow to us, though I am equally bemused regarding Tucker's antics, what a depressing individual he is.

I suppose MoTM has to be Green although I have cunningly spotted that we have yet to concede whilst Kersey has been playing - now there's a Murray!

We need to keep our key players fresh for next week, so I hope we take the opportunity to give our youngsters some more first team experience on Monday.

BTW if you look at our W D L record with and without Dumas this season Rick, I think you'd be leaving as is mate.

Onwards and upwards - Come on you Blues!!

To be fair to the lads, there must have been an enormous amount of pressure on them to get a home victory, and everyone of them stood upto the challenge. IMO "we" are just starting to look like a team playing together and not as individuals. Superb first goal and good to see the pen go in which certainly helped with the cushion. However, was it just me or is there still sooo much to play for in this league, because i actually thought Boreham Wood did not look all that much, and even when we were down to 10 (apart from sitting a little too deep) i dont think Wood (would) have scored :) No singular pick outs for me as that was a team performance, and HELL, YEAHHHHH it was sweet to have the last laugh over Tucker. I actually thought from where my view was that Baker got sent off for perhaps a little too much theatericals on going down, but if a player runs 40 yards to an incident to incite a situation then surely that is a reddable offence. Anyway, lets enjoy this little moment, because it is long overdue...I think the lads can see the appreciation from the fans when they put in a performance and HELL YEAHHHH wasnt it nice to hear the cowshed get involved :smilewinkgrin:

I think the loooongggg clap off at then end said it all from the fans...Well done to ALL

Yet again I am shocked at a ref's decision. I have no problem with Bakes getting a card for trying to get someone booked, but a straight red, when did that ever happen?! I

Totally agree.

Bakes shouldn't have gone down like a sack of spuds, but his involvement in the aftermath was minimal, unlike their 1 and 6.

Another shocking decision. Thankfully it didn't affect this game, but losing a very influential player for 3 games may well hurt us.

Many may not agree, but I don't see our discipline issue as a major problem.

With the exception of the wrong decision on Saturday, all the cards have all come from footballing-related issues.

By this I mean mistimed tackles or over-exuberance.

There haven't been cards for dissent or off-the-ball assaults which we have seen in recent years.

The turn around in our fortunes has coincided with us being more of a physical team, and therefore cards will happen when it goes slightly wrong.

I thought the first half was good on Saturday.

Although it wasn't as pretty as earlier in the season, we created a lot more chances and the defence looks solid again.

Second half was far more defensive, but we got the 2nd to seal an encouraging win.

Now only 13 points off 7th place with 4 games in hand - play-offs are looking good. :smilewinkgrin: