Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

It's D Day folks, watch this space!

Guilty

A court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

American Knox and her Italian ex-boyfriend Sollecito - who had pleaded not guilty - now face long jail sentences.

The latest verdict overturns the pair's successful 2011 appeal, which freed them after four years in jail.

Ms Kercher was stabbed to death in the flat she shared in Perugia with Knox.

Thursday's fresh appeal hearing in Florence was ordered by Italy's highest court, the supreme court in Rome.

It had found that the 2011 appeal - which acquitted the pair - was flawed.

Ms Knox, who along with Mr Sollecito had denied all the charges, did not return to Italy for the case.

Ms Kercher's brother Lyle and sister Stephanie were present when the verdict was read out.

The court in Florence heard from Ms Knox's defence team in the morning before the two judges and eight jurors retired to deliberate on a verdict.

Summing up, Ms Knox's lawyer, Carlo Dalla Vedova, told the court her innocence was "rock-solid and it allows us to await the verdict with serenity".

The supreme court overturned their acquittals last March after an appeal by prosecutors, who argued that important DNA evidence had been disregarded.

Prosecutors had asked for 26-year prison terms for the pair on the murder charge.

The guilty verdict again has to be confirmed by the court of cessation. No jail terms or extradition requests should commence until that process is completed, however another step in the cause for justice.

The guilty verdict again has to be confirmed by the court of cessation. No jail terms or extradition requests should commence until that process is completed, however another step in the cause for justice.

I expect Rhodes will now do the decent thing and admit he has been terribly wrong, Lol.

Edited by missunderstood

I expect Rhodes will now do the decent thing and admit he has been terribly wrong, Lol.

No comment.

lol.

Guilty

I didn't expect anything less from the Kangaroo Court however, as Loosely pointed out, the ridiculous guilty verdict has to be confirmed by the Court of cessation.

Knox1_2807871c.jpg

Is it me or does "Manda's new hairstyle this week, street urchin hat, not shout out Victim all of a sudden? Where are those long tresses, why the severe glasses and lack of make-up? "Look at Me!" eh?

Anyway, 'Manda's statement -

First and foremost it must be recognized that there is no consolation for the Kercher family. Their grief over Meredith's terrible murder will follow them forever. They deserve respect and support.

I am frightened and saddened by this unjust verdict. Having been found innocent before, I expected better from the Italian justice system. The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a verdict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Rather, nothing has changed. There has always been a marked lack of evidence. My family and I have suffered greatly from this wrongful persecution.

This has gotten out of hand. Most troubling is that it was entirely preventable. I beseech those with the knowledge and authority to address and remediate the problems that worked to pervert the course of justice and waste the valuable resources of the system: overzealous and intransigent prosecution, prejudiced and narrow-minded investigation, unwillingness to admit mistake, reliance on unreliable testimony and evidence, character assassination, inconsistent and unfounded accusatory theory, and counterproductive and coercive interrogation techniques that produce false confessions and inaccurate statements.

With the Court of Appeals ruling expected to take at least until Spring next year let us look forward to entertaining Big JR to another hundred or so pages.....

Edited by Loose

I didn't expect anything less from the Kangaroo Court however, as Loosely pointed out, the ridiculous guilty verdict has to be confirmed by the Court of cessation.

Yes Rhodesly, since the court originally demanded the re-trial I have every confidence they know which way is up.

Don't sulk now will you?

Rhodes will probably claim he is innocent and was just out jogging

Yeah, about 600 miles from home...

;)

While I believe that both parties were present during the murder, I can understand why an innocent person would choose to distance themselves from Italy for fear of a miscarriage of justice.

It is puzzling why Sollecito returned for the trial when he could have stayed in the Dominican Republic. Perhaps it was a double bluff, to try and make the court believe that he would only be there if he was innocent. I think that, as the hearing progressed, he (or more likely his legal team) realised that he was going to lose and tried to run before the authorities arrested him.

Ms Knox is truly scared now. But she can rely on the good ol' USA to keep her safe.

Here we go folks, Amanda's heartfelt interview yesterday on 'Good Morning America' which says it all really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4hafGvxj9o