Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

At least Amanda was able to get a bit of joy last night and forget her woes for a short while watching the unplayable Seattle Seahawks thrash the Denver Broncos 43-8 in Superbowl 2014, I'm not sure but our heroine may well have travelled to the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey to watch the game as guest of honour of the Seahawks.

The guilty verdict was in accordance with the flawed investigation made by the prosecution that contained coerced interrogation denial of human rights and a complete disrespect of forensic evidence and other evidence presented by the defence. The real killer was hidden away protected even before the murder and pardoned while the two defendants completely innocent got convicted on practically no evidence. The alleged murder weapon had no traces of the victim. The bra clasp had been retrieved after weeks and yet there was not even a speck of DNA that could link it to one of the defendants. The motive has been changed three or four times and latest being : the killed because they had nothing else to do is ridiculous. The verdict was based on demeanour before and after the murder testimonies obtained through coercion to fit the ( false ) act of accusation. This whole trial stinks like a corpus in an advanced stage of putrefaction. I have never ever been witness to a more corrupt trial that is corrupt from top to bottom and I really don't expect any different verdict from the Supreme Court . Do I show disrespect for the Italian justice? No I am doing my best to hide it.

Guilty

A court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

American Knox and her Italian ex-boyfriend Sollecito - who had pleaded not guilty - now face long jail sentences.

The latest verdict overturns the pair's successful 2011 appeal, which freed them after four years in jail.

Ms Kercher was stabbed to death in the flat she shared in Perugia with Knox.

Thursday's fresh appeal hearing in Florence was ordered by Italy's highest court, the supreme court in Rome.

It had found that the 2011 appeal - which acquitted the pair - was flawed.

Ms Knox, who along with Mr Sollecito had denied all the charges, did not return to Italy for the case.

Ms Kercher's brother Lyle and sister Stephanie were present when the verdict was read out.

The court in Florence heard from Ms Knox's defence team in the morning before the two judges and eight jurors retired to deliberate on a verdict.

Summing up, Ms Knox's lawyer, Carlo Dalla Vedova, told the court her innocence was "rock-solid and it allows us to await the verdict with serenity".

The supreme court overturned their acquittals last March after an appeal by prosecutors, who argued that important DNA evidence had been disregarded.

Prosecutors had asked for 26-year prison terms for the pair on the murder charge.

People like to ignore the FACT that there were at least 23 separate items of DNA evidence damning Knox and Sollecito and glibly whitewash anything else that suits them to do so.

The two have been found guilty by one of the oldest judicial systems in Western Civilisation, the fact that the Italians take a painstaking route to justice is lost on many.

Perhaps some would rather rely on the type of justice that "If the glove don't fit" then they must acquit. Laughable.

Loose, on 03 Feb 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

The two have been found guilty by one of the oldest judicial systems in Western Civilisation

Yes, exactly, you said it!, a system that went out with the Arc!

23 inculpatory evidence! So why was only the alleged murder weapon and a questionable bra clasp presented as evidence in court. The truth is that if there were 23 items involved they could not be used. Otherwise they wouldn't have tested the knife twice only to find no traces of the victim on it. There are no 23 items to condemn Amanda and Raffaele. That is crap from the tabloid press.

23 inculpatory evidence! So why was only the alleged murder weapon and a questionable bra clasp presented as evidence in court. The truth is that if there were 23 items involved they could not be used. Otherwise they wouldn't have tested the knife twice only to find no traces of the victim on it. There are no 23 items to condemn Amanda and Raffaele. That is crap from the tabloid press.

Are you yet another stupid shill? The 23 pieces of DNA evidence were used in court as evidence. It is merely the knife and bra evidence that has been made most of by your PR machine and the media.

Perhaps you have not been reading the reports that don't suit your cause.

I have read the Massei report several times and there is no mention of these 23 items that would incriminate the defendants. No lies please

It's so strange that we have a new user come on here accusing people of lying. Maybe not. 

Strange you did not deny that you are a shill. 

I have read the Massei report several times and there is no mention of these 23 items that would incriminate the defendants. No lies please

Assuming (maybe incorrectly) that your American, even you must recognise the irony of anyone from the USA criticizing another countries corrupt legal practises when they lock up people in Guantanamo Bay for years on end without even giving them the opportunity to prove their innocence in a court.

Whilst I continue to believe that Knox and Sollecito were involved in the murder, I have always been puzzled as to why Guede has never testified against them. If he did indeed take part in the killing, he presumably knows who else was involved (it seems beyond dispute that several people took part).

Big J R - Can I ask you something, would you

The honest answer to your question, Rhodesey, is that I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place.

Had I inavertantly killed someone, (i.e. - manslaughter), i would put my hands up straight away.

Anyway  -  A higher court has yet to confirm the last court ruling.

I have always been puzzled as to why Guede has never testified against them

Exactly, he could presumably make a bargain to shorten his sentence if he did!

Latest boyfriend of 'Manda seems a "real catch":

I assume you are being sarcastic, what's wrong with him

Who read Simon Hattenstone's amazing article in yesterday's Guardian about our heroine entitled 'Who Is Amanda Knox', enjoy:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/08/who-is-amanda-knox-interview

I hope he wears a bullet proof vest and doesn't believe in long term relationships. 

Don't you think they look a good match Alan?

missunderstood, on 09 Feb 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

He looks like he could be Osama bin Laden,

Missunderstood - Well Bin Laden is dead isn't he so obviously it can't be him