Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

Basil-Don - I expect you witness murders on a daily basis in Basildon and don't bat an eyelid

I see that the Judge in Perugia has delayed Amanda's parents defimation trial until February next year. Curt Knox and Edda Mellas, who are sadly divorced and have both re-married, were not in Court but will obviously be present next month when their beloved daughter begins the appeal of her ridiculous murder conviction:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/428685_knox19.html?source=rss

"KILLER Amanda Knox saying she's found Jesus in prison. Isn't it funny how Jesus always gets in with prisoners trying to be released from life sentences?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/columnists/reade/2010/10/21/and-so-to-the-5-big-questions-of-the-week-115875-22649216/#ixzz131CisdvG

What a coincidence, finding Jesus in prison, with all the visitors she gets incl. politicians, hollywood celebrities and assorted parasites we might have guessed he'd be in the queue.

Loosely - I'm not entirely sure what that link has got to do with anything and why shouldn't prisoners find Jesus in their time behind bars, what else is there to do at the end of the day to while away the hours

It's where the quote came from Rhodesly, thought even you could work that out, although, hang on, yeah, you don't believe in crediting the quotes you cut and paste from websites do you?

Loosely - You really don't know what you are talking about do you and I think you have finally lost the plot altogether. When Amanda finally boards a plane from Rome to Seattle following the completion of her forthcoming appeal, and subsequent release from prison, what is your reaction likely to be, will you humbly hold your hands up and walk away with your tail between your legs or will you just do an Albert Steptoe impression.

Well we all know what you will do when the Court of Appeal glibly reduce her sentence by a handful of years while confirming the original findings that the girl is guilty as sin. You'll keep a low profile on this thread won't you.

Basil-Don - I expect you witness murders on a daily basis in Basildon and don't bat an eyelid

Basildon has now finally over taken Tilbury has the murder capital of the South East,the death of Leah Betts lead to numerous murders including the Rettendon Killings and although we dont have such high profile homocides now for the sheer number of murders we lead the way.The last case was a shooting in Langdon Hills last weekend,certain people i know wouldnt last five minutes in this town.

certain people i know wouldnt last five minutes in this town

Such as Loosely you mean

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Basildon is all bad Rhodesly, most people you can find some good in, maybe not you but most...

Another one with no conscience is "Poor little lamb Amanda" - things just go from bad to worse ahead of the long awaited appeal which is expected to pretty much affirm her original conviction. Amanda now faces trial for slandering the good names of hardworking police officers following an indictment which saw her arrogant lawyers firmly slapped down.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/08/amanda-knox-slander-italian-police

• 2 weeks later...

I note that as 'D Day', 24 November, approaches, the World's press are starting to sharpen their pencils and strap themselves in for Amanda's appeal, it's going to be a bumpy ride that's for sure but I'm confident Amanda will be proven innocent and be on a flight from Rome to Seattle before too long:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-11-18/amanda-knoxs-appeal-could-she-go-free/

http://www.westseattleherald.com/2010/11/15/news/amanda-knox-appeal-trial-begins-nov-24

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/is-amanda-knox-really-the-other-victim-2418410.html

How confident are you Rhodes? Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is or perhaps something more meaningful?

How about if Amanda isn't on a plane home following the appeal you leave Fans Focus for ever?

Perhaps you are not that confident.

Loosely - Why are you so interested in her case, is it only because I am and you want to be opposite for the hell of it. If you look at this link you will see that Amanda already has one foot on that plane back to the bosom of her dear family in Seattle, I have no doubt whatsoever that she will be a free woman before too long and would have my house on it if I had one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331304/Amanda-Knox-appeal-Murder-conviction-unjust-breached-international-law.html

Loosely - Why are you so interested in her case, is it only because I am and you want to be opposite for the hell of it. If you look at this link you will see that Amanda already has one foot on that plane back to the bosom of her dear family in Seattle, I have no doubt whatsoever that she will be a free woman before too long and would have my house on it if I had one:

http://www.dailymail...tional-law.html

What you are saying then is that this forum is just a personal platform for you to profess your own abuse and no one else should be interested in any of the many and varied topics your twisted mind blabs on endlessly about.

Yes, it's the bit at the end we are interested in, your house - if you had one, thats how confident you are. Can't put your money where your mouth is.

http://www.dailymail...tional-law.html

I'm interested in this case too, thanks to your saturation coverage, Rhodes. How you can infer from the article to which your link leads that Miss Knox has "one foot on that plane .." is bewildering - it's the usual hotch potch of journalistic tripe that is generally cobbled together to make a news item when the reporter knows little about the facts (which applies to most front page stories). For instance, wasn't the "former FBI investigator" discredited as a loony? But he's back in the story as a credible source to fill a couple of lines I see.

I don't know whether she did it or not, but the law says that she did. Thousands of convicted people all over the world protest their innocence, but few get their conviction overturned. I expect this one to go the same way. Most of the ones where the original decision IS overturned are on grounds of unsafe conviction, and many guilty people get to walk because of clever lawyers. Seems to me that these big shot American lawyers might be clever in their own courts, but trying to rubbish the Italian judicial system isn't "clever".

And that Horace to use a perpetual Rhodesism hits the nail firmly on the head. The Amanda Knox is innocent Team thought that they could attack another country's Judicial System based on a supposed reputation of it being "Third World". This is so often the world view that americans like to not only promote but believe. We only need to look back at the recent history of the US in cases like Rodney King and many many others to judge their position to crow.

This "viral" campaign only requires the gullible to suspend a need to base decisions on fact or even some doubt. Some of the facts are that Amanda Knox told so many contradictory lies that it must be hard to imagine any other motive than that she had much to hide. She claimed to have been there at the time of the murder, disorientated, then not there, she claimed that her boss had been involved until it was proved that he could not have been, she claimed to have been asleep in her boyfriend's flat until witnesses came forward to say that she and her boyfriend were seen outside the apartment she shared with Meredith Kercher on the night and also seen early the next morning at a local shop buying cleaning materials while supposedly asleep, the use of a mobile phone while she and her boyfriend were "supposedly" asleep. And then the lie that she was beaten into a confession to explain it all away. More questions then The Amanda Knox is Innocent Team and their gullible supporters or promoters would like to answer including Rhodesy.

It’s D Day, sorry, Judgement Day, Terminator 2 style, tomorrow folks with Amanda’s appeal finally getting under way. The opening skirmishes are expected to be quick and dirty and devoted to procedural matters, both Amanda and her former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, are expected to attend and the case is then likely to be adjourned until 11 December. During the biased trial, Amanda appeared confident and collected, she would nod and smile to the Court upon entering the room and talk to her lawyers during breaks, on one occasion she sported a bright t-shirt with 'All You Need Is Love' emblazoned in large pink letters. Now, her lawyers have described her as ‘worn out, worried, tense and exhausted' by three years in prison for a crime she did not commit. Press reports have described Amanda as being involved and focused in prison activities, such as staging plays, reading books, studying languages and writing poems and fiction, she is said to have matured as a result of her ‘difficult life’ in prison. There is an outside risk that if Amanda’s conviction is upheld she could face an even harsher sentence however that is unlikely, her Lawyers will leave no stone unturned and are seeking a full review of the case including the introduction of new witnesses. The forensic evidence will clearly be key whereby DNA evidence that was found on a knife allegedly used in the murder and on the clasp of Meredith Kercher's bra is inconclusive and were contaminated when analysed by incompetent and biased Italian forensic ‘experts’.

Bulletin folks, Amanda has made a brief 45 minute appearance in Court today before the Judge scheduled the next hearing for 11 December, looking pale, anxious and noticeably thinner than at her last public appearance Amanda was led into Court by three Police officers wearing a blue hooded top. Today was the first time Amanda had come face to face with her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito since they were convicted of murdering Meredith Kercher some three years ago, the leading Counsel for Sollecito, namely Giulia Bongiorno, was unable to attend due to Political commitments. Italian MP Bongiorno's Junior lawyer pleaded for an adjournment until 11 December due to her enforced absence, presiding Judge, Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, reluctantly agreed but sternly warned that in future "we'll go ahead with the proceedings even if she (Bongiorno) is not present".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/24/amanda-knox-court-kercher-appeal

Bulletin folks, Amanda has made a brief 45 minute appearance in Court today before the Judge scheduled the next hearing for 11 December, looking pale, anxious and noticeably thinner than at her last public appearance Amanda was led into Court by three Police officers wearing a blue hooded top. Today was the first time Amanda had come face to face with her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito since they were convicted of murdering Meredith Kercher some three years ago, the leading Counsel for Sollecito, namely Giulia Bongiorno, was unable to attend due to Political commitments. Italian MP Bongiorno's Junior lawyer pleaded for an adjournment until 11 December due to her enforced absence, presiding Judge, Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, reluctantly agreed but sternly warned that in future "we'll go ahead with the proceedings even if she (Bongiorno) is not present".

http://www.guardian....-kercher-appeal

Why weren't you in Perugia yourself Rhodes, to add your support to your protegee? And why do you think it is that you haven't also championed the innocence of Raffaele Sollecito?

I saw the item on lunchtime TV and thought that Amanda's stepfather was putting a brave face on for the cameras, but he didn't convince me that he held out any real hope of her having "one foot on the plane" to quote yourself.

Horace - Sorry, did I say one foot on the plane from Rome to Seattle, I meant two feet and just the fact that the Italians are supposedly errecting a statue in Perugia in memory of Meredith Kercher says it all to me. Don't get me wrong as there is nobody more disturbed about Meredith's violent murder than me however Amanda Knox didn't kill her.