Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

Are you saying she should remain in the USA rather than attend a trial for a crime  which she may possibly be guilty?. What about justice for the Kercher family, and when are you returning to your padded cell.

What about the justice for the Kercher family? What does her going back to Italy have anything to do with that? Say she goes back and she is found not guilty. Has that changed anything for the Kercher family? They have the guy right now, and he is in a jail cell.

I am in my padded cell. They give me 30 minutes of computer time each day. This is how I spend it.

I think the problem is that Amanda Knox, innocent or guilty isn't the real victim here. Meredith Kercher was brutally murdered and her family and friends are going to have to live with that loss for the rest of her lives, whereas Amanda Knox lied, getting an innocent man locked away for two weeks in the process and will probably live happily ever after with a big, fat pay cheque (a reputed $4M) for a book deal. Forgive me if my sympathy isn't with the way Amanda Knox has been treated. I also don't think it will be the worse injustice that any one of us will see in our lives either, far from it.

Edited by cup of tea

Perhaps it is a difference in how different cultures behave. Apart from all the evidence and first she confesses to being there, then she doesn't etc which is disputed with a simple "Oh those nasty backwards italians blah blah". But I don't know, a girl you aren't particularly friendly with but share a house with, 'Manda's story now is she wasn't there but on being told that the body was there, most people would be in a bit of shock. You're in a foreign country, you might have gotten used to living there a bit but even so, being happy, turning cartwheels, snogging your boyfriend - flirting with him actually in the police station obviously 'Manda was in a different state of shock to that which I myself suppose a lot of young girls would be in, maybe she's just a slut which of course is quite okay, particularly these days, young adult girls must be allowed to behave however they want. But this is my theory, and it's only a theory and as with the italians who would not be used to their young girls turning cartwheels and behaving as if they didn't have a care in the world when a female housemate had just been murdered, stabbed to death, well of course the italian police said to themselves "Something's not quite right here" - it led to their suspicion - not evidence in itself perhaps of taking part but evidence of strange behaviour in their country. Any way, my theory - just a theory is this wasn't planned by 'Manda, but she did not know how to behave at all, how was she meant to behave if she wasn't meant to be there or known of what had happened, or had actually been there? Well she - maybe with Sollecito, told themselves to just "act normal". Now acting normal would have been to be in shock, a bit of denial, a part of you would be hoping that there'd been a mistake but I suppose it's just possible that behaving normally was turning cartwheels, behaving like a slapper whose housemate had just been found covered in blood, dead.

Yeah, americans eh? Of course they believe she was behaving normally.

I think the problem is that Amanda Knox, innocent or guilty isn't the real victim here. Meredith Kercher was brutally murdered and her family and friends are going to have to live with that loss for the rest of her lives, whereas Amanda Knox lied, getting an innocent man locked away for two weeks in the process and will probably live happily ever after with a big, fat pay cheque (a reputed $4M) for a book deal. Forgive me if my sympathy isn't with the way Amanda Knox has been treated. I also don't think it will be the worse injustice that any one of us will see in our lives either, far from it.

I agree we should have more sympathy for Meredith's family. They are the victims of this horrible crime. I don't know that I would be too happy seeing Amanda all over the place talking about her being in jail. That said Amanda signed a contract with HarperCollins. Which if is anything like any of the other big book contracts you are required by contract to go out and do interviews. Get your face out there, and promote the book. So I don't blame Amanda for doing that, but I do feel bad for the Kercher family. Their daughter has been over shadowed.

Perhaps it is a difference in how different cultures behave. Apart from all the evidence and first she confesses to being there, then she doesn't etc which is disputed with a simple "Oh those nasty backwards italians blah blah". But I don't know, a girl you aren't particularly friendly with but share a house with, 'Manda's story now is she wasn't there but on being told that the body was there, most people would be in a bit of shock. You're in a foreign country, you might have gotten used to living there a bit but even so, being happy, turning cartwheels, snogging your boyfriend - flirting with him actually in the police station obviously 'Manda was in a different state of shock to that which I myself suppose a lot of young girls would be in, maybe she's just a slut which of course is quite okay, particularly these days, young adult girls must be allowed to behave however they want. But this is my theory, and it's only a theory and as with the italians who would not be used to their young girls turning cartwheels and behaving as if they didn't have a care in the world when a female housemate had just been murdered, stabbed to death, well of course the italian police said to themselves "Something's not quite right here" - it led to their suspicion - not evidence in itself perhaps of taking part but evidence of strange behaviour in their country. Any way, my theory - just a theory is this wasn't planned by 'Manda, but she did not know how to behave at all, how was she meant to behave if she wasn't meant to be there or known of what had happened, or had actually been there? Well she - maybe with Sollecito, told themselves to just "act normal". Now acting normal would have been to be in shock, a bit of denial, a part of you would be hoping that there'd been a mistake but I suppose it's just possible that behaving normally was turning cartwheels, behaving like a slapper whose housemate had just been found covered in blood, dead.

Yeah, americans eh? Of course they believe she was behaving normally.

I am not suggestion Amanda acted normal. No American sees this as normal. I am saying I have no idea how I would handle something like that. I would probably freak out, but that is just me. I have been told by my family before I freak out way to much when bad things happen.

Amanda has been said to be kind of weird if you will. Maybe this was her way of freaking out. I really have no idea.

I am not suggestion Amanda acted normal. No American sees this as normal. I am saying I have no idea how I would handle something like that. I would probably freak out, but that is just me. I have been told by my family before I freak out way to much when bad things happen.

Amanda has been said to be kind of weird if you will. Maybe this was her way of freaking out. I really have no idea.

I would have thought a freak like you is an expert on freaking out.

Edited by missunderstood

Yeah, it's all explained away with a "well she's a bit weird innit". That's all okay then.

Weird is killing your housemate, stabbing her to death, brutally. And then putting on a bit of a show for your boyfriend, "Hey, that Meredith just got killed, how about some cartwheels while we take our mind off it eh".

Nothing to see here, poor 'Manda, being fitted up by those nasty italian police officers.

Spose it's lucky there's no death sentence these days.

Yeah, it's all explained away with a "well she's a bit weird innit". That's all okay then.

Weird is killing your housemate, stabbing her to death, brutally. And then putting on a bit of a show for your boyfriend, "Hey, that Meredith just got killed, how about some cartwheels while we take our mind off it eh".

Nothing to see here, poor 'Manda, being fitted up by those nasty italian police officers.

So it seems that without quoting me you are going to argue every single point I make. I am sorry Amanda did not act the way Loose thinks she should have, or the way Loose would have acted. If you don't act one of those two ways after your roommate gets murder, then you are the one who did it. Man those Brits know how to handle ever terrible situation that is put before them.

I don't think Amanda behavior was something for the police not to be worried about. After watching all the news cast after it happen it made me think about her as a possible suspect. After all the evidence was released it did not seem to match that behavior. I know she acted stupidly, and I think it was naive and showed no sympathy for Meredith. Neither of which makes her a murder.

Spose it's lucky there's no death sentence these days.

But they do in 32 States in 'Merica Big JR. How d'you like them apples?

I was watching a programme on Channel 4 last night where the yanks put a 12 year old boy in prison for 25 years and then 5 years on parole. Kid's appealing but if he loses the case the court could give him 65 years instead. And people hold the yank justice system as some sort of beacon of enlightenment!

Edited by Loose

So it seems that without quoting me you are going to argue every single point I make. I am sorry Amanda did not act the way Loose thinks she should have, or the way Loose would have acted. If you don't act one of those two ways after your roommate gets murder, then you are the one who did it. Man those Brits know how to handle ever terrible situation that is put before them.

I don't think Amanda behavior was something for the police not to be worried about. After watching all the news cast after it happen it made me think about her as a possible suspect. After all the evidence was released it did not seem to match that behavior. I know she acted stupidly, and I think it was naive and showed no sympathy for Meredith. Neither of which makes her a murder.

Was I talking to you Nutjob? No.

Get back in your padded cell you cretin.

But they do in 32 States in 'Merica Big JR. How d'you like them apples?

I was watching a programme on Channel 4 last night where the yanks put a 12 year old boy in prison for 25 years and then 5 years on parole. Kid's appealing but if he loses the case the court could give him 65 years instead. And people hold the yank justice system as some sort of beacon of enlightenment!

Yea we do it is the greatest. Everything in America is the greatest. I wait sorry did I brag too much. Sorry about that. I thought that is what Americans always did.

I am replying to the post two post up, but I am not going to use quote because I want it to look like I am ignoring the post. My side of the argument is the only one that matters, and if he replies I will reply that I was not talking to him. He can't think I care about his post. That would cause him to go crazy again, and no one on this site wants that.

Edited by Brounmoney

Many of the correspondents here seem to be stuck in 2007. A lot has happened in this case since then and much of what you say you believe has been proven erroneous. There is no question that Knox and Sollecito were not involved in the murder of Meredith Kercher. People are jumping up and down saying 'they're being re-tried' and shouting double jeopardy. All the evidence against them was debunked in the appeal. What Italy wants to do now is find out what DID happen to Meredith Kercher. We know Rude Guede was in involved somehow but did he act alone? The most important element of this retrial is that Guede, who unlike Knox and Sollecito left his footprints, palm print and DNA all over the murder scene, will no longer be eligible for work release next year. 

This retrial is all about Meredith Kercher and how she met her fate. We all have to let go of the people against whom we have absolutely no evidence and focus on Rudy Guede. Who were his wing men in his previous burglary exploits? How did he make money in the months leading up to the Kercher homicide? What is the extent of his mental problems, sleep walking etc? Was he in the care of a psychologist when he was at home with his foster family? What do prison psychiatrists say about him now? Is there any truth to his claim that he was in a consensual relationship with Meredith Kercher? In her book on the case, The Fatal Gift of Beauty, Nina Burleigh notes that, contrary to news reports, Guede was friendly, popular, charming, talented, and well-liked even loved. He also suffered childhood abuse and neglect which came out in severe mental problems that prevented him from being able to share living quarters with other people. 

These are the topics on which the retrial will focus. Unless someone has new evidence this new trial will take an entirely new direction. 

Many of the correspondents here seem to be stuck in 2007. A lot has happened in this case since then and much of what you say you believe has been proven erroneous. There is no question that Knox and Sollecito were not involved in the murder of Meredith Kercher. People are jumping up and down saying 'they're being re-tried' and shouting double jeopardy. All the evidence against them was debunked in the appeal. What Italy wants to do now is find out what DID happen to Meredith Kercher. We know Rude Guede was in involved somehow but did he act alone? The most important element of this retrial is that Guede, who unlike Knox and Sollecito left his footprints, palm print and DNA all over the murder scene, will no longer be eligible for work release next year.

This retrial is all about Meredith Kercher and how she met her fate. We all have to let go of the people against whom we have absolutely no evidence and focus on Rudy Guede. Who were his wing men in his previous burglary exploits? How did he make money in the months leading up to the Kercher homicide? What is the extent of his mental problems, sleep walking etc? Was he in the care of a psychologist when he was at home with his foster family? What do prison psychiatrists say about him now? Is there any truth to his claim that he was in a consensual relationship with Meredith Kercher? In her book on the case, The Fatal Gift of Beauty, Nina Burleigh notes that, contrary to news reports, Guede was friendly, popular, charming, talented, and well-liked even loved. He also suffered childhood abuse and neglect which came out in severe mental problems that prevented him from being able to share living quarters with other people.

These are the topics on which the retrial will focus. Unless someone has new evidence this new trial will take an entirely new direction.

This may be the best post on this topic yet. I think all along it was about catching how killed Meredith, but the focus has been on Amanda way too much. Thanks for the post. Refreshing to have some new insight.

Struggling to understand why 'Manda needs to be worried about going back to Italy to attend this "Re-trial of Rudy Guede's wingmen" then. Surely she'll be desperate to see not only the people responsible for Meredith's murder but also her own personal nightmare brought to justice. 

That's if you take some of this bollox at face value of course.

Pfft...

Struggling to understand why 'Manda needs to be worried about going back to Italy to attend this "Re-trial of Rudy Guede's wingmen" then. Surely she'll be desperate to see not only the people responsible for Meredith's murder but also her own personal nightmare brought to justice.

That's if you take some of this bollox at face value of course.

Pfft...

Oh Yea she needs to go to Italy for a trial that will do nothing for her. That seems like the greatest idea ever. I think you should go to Italy and protest her.you would probably get more out of that then bashing her on this forum. You seem to hate Americans and want to see Amanda pay for a crime she did not do. Edited by Brounmoney

Oh Yea she needs to go to Italy for a trial that will do nothing for her. That seems like the greatest idea ever. I think you should go to Italy and protest her.you would probably get more out of that then bashing her on this forum. You seem to hate Americans and want to see Amanda pay for a crime she did not do.

But...but...didn't she tell the newspapers that she was considering going back for the retrial just the other day?

Honestly you want to get your story straight. Thanks for the advice numbnuts, I do actually live an hour away from Perugia for 9 months of the year. Oops? Oh yeah...

But...but...didn't she tell the newspapers that she was considering going back for the retrial just the other day?

Honestly you want to get your story straight. Thanks for the advice numbnuts, I do actually live an hour away from Perugia for 9 months of the year. Oops? Oh yeah...

Tell the newspapers she was going back? What are you talking about. After watching the interview the other night I said she wanted to defend herself, and I said it may have sounded like she might want to go back. I also said her lawyers would tell her not to. She is not going back it would do nothing.

Oh well since you live so close for 9 months why don't you protest? Raise hell to get her convicted again. Maybe you could release all that hate you have in your heart.