Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

I don't think Americas choice of heroes has much credibility.

Well 'Manda is a convicted criminal so maybe you have to be to be an american hero. 

Well 'Manda is a convicted criminal so maybe you have to be to be an american hero. 

Somewhat like 'Bonnie & Clyde'  then !

Is she a massively successful multi platinum record selling, multi award winning, recording and performance artist now as well?

To be honest nothing would surprise me about her

To be honest nothing would surprise me about her

Thing is, she is infamous rather than famous. Known only because she is a convicted criminal and has had an auto-biography ghost written for her. What has she achieved so that she could be compared within the same breath with as for example the people you named?

What has she achieved so that she could be compared within the same breath with as for example the people you named?

Very few people on this planet would be able to survive four years in a hell hole of a jail in a foreign land knowing that they had been convicted of a crime they did not commit, surely that's a huge achievement in itself.

Amanda's the 'All American Girl' isn't she as in 'the All American Boy', such as Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty, I think that's why she's so popular in the US

I don't think this is a good analogies Rhodes.

I don't think this is a good analogies Rhodes.

And the award for "Understatement of the Year" goes to........................................... 

Really, why do you say that, Amanda's as American as the stars and stripes themselves

Very few people on this planet would be able to survive four years in a hell hole of a jail in a foreign land knowing that they had been convicted of a crime they did not commit, surely that's a huge achievement in itself.

Wasn't she found guilty and sentenced to about 3 or 4 years in prison, but was released as she had already served the time?

Wasn't she found guilty and sentenced to about 3 or 4 years in prison, but was released as she had already served the time?

That's an inconvenient fact though isn't it IanW? The Fiction of "How Great 'Manda was" is much more important.

Really, why do you say that, Amanda's as American as the stars and stripes themselves

I am not really sure what you mean by that. She is no more American than any other American. Plenty of people are in jail that were wrongfully accused. I don't think makes them any more or less American. Still I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I also do not know why you would compare her to Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty. Is that what people see as American boy? Being put in jail for a crime many think she did not do. Does not make her special or a hero.

Edited by Brounmoney

Does not make her special or a hero.

Loosely - What I'm trying to say is that Amanda Knox is a role model and people look up to her as well as her family

Loosely - What I'm trying to say is that Amanda Knox is a role model and people look up to her as well as her family

If that is the case then it reflects badly on those who look upon her as such.

How anyone could look upon a convicted criminal is beyond me.

If that is the case then it reflects badly on those who look upon her as such.

How anyone could look upon a convicted criminal is beyond me.

I quite agree Ian.

They'll be asking for leniancy for Stuart Hall next !

Of course he has but you lot keep biting lol

So IanW cannot express an opinion without you belittling it?

Interesting. A forum where WuMs can claim anyone responding to a discussion is just biting. Hmm...

I think he was referring to Rhodes LOL

Oh I see, Rhodes has been biting?

That obviously has to assume that people making comments are not being honest in wanting to discuss their opinions but merely posting to create an event.

Hmm...

Kind of pre-supposes that at any time you can disown your own comments as "Just a joke".