Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Matt (GNFC)

Quiz Poser....

Am i correct in assuming that if we signed Lee Shearer we'd have a quartet of summer signings in

Trott, Pinnock, Hogg, Shearer

Who despite having conference experience have all played in teams that have been relegated from the conference?

Robin Trott wasn't at Welling when they went down, he has been at Stevenage for (I think) six years.

I'm fairly encouraged by the signings so far.

Last season we conceded too many goals and the season we won promotion to the Conference and even before this, the clubs success was based around a solid defence.

For me, Andy is working along the same principle this time round i.e. a solid defence as witnessed by "Wilkerson and Duku" re-signing. Then you have Trott, Shearer and Pennock vying for central berths. On the wings - I'd expect a fit Sturgess to push Skinner for the left back spot and then Matt Lee on the right. So is it 5-3-2 next season - at least away from home?

As for the other 2 new boys - Hogg and Pinnock - they have a hard act to follow in that their predecessors were two of our better players. So is it a "fear of the unknown" that concerns us?

If so - how many people were aware of the talents of Mark Bentley at the start of last season? Pinnock appears to be highly regarded by the Kingstonian fans so can we not have a little more enthusiansm please!!! smile.gif

All we need is that 20 goals a season hitman and you can suddenly see the jigsaw coming together.

Quote:
.....how many people were aware of the talents of Mark Bentley at the start of last season?

Erm.....to a certain extent, because of his tendency to get injured, he was a bit of a gamble.

Roll on the start of the season - I'm sure there are a few signings to come between now and then!