Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Postponement December 19th

lesbos

In the Beds League tomorrow the matches due to take place on the park pitches at Campton,Ickwell, Westoning,Woburn and other venues are all STILL ON while the match due to take place at the brand new 4,000 capacity Carlsberg Stadium is already OFF.

Lesbo's - So Southill Alexander v Blunham is off tomorrow then, is that what you're saying

Lesbo's - So Southill Alexander v Blunham is off tomorrow then, is that what you're saying

yes Rhodesy its off already, not quite sure why some teams cant wait for a 10.30 saturday morning pitch inspection, no team whether they be step 5 or 7 should call matches off unless on a referees advice,too many clubs are too hasty this time of year. i will probably watch my nephew in the Olympian League tomorrow if their match survives as Hullbridge is looking very unlikely.

To be fair there has been a hell of a lot of snow in the Biggleswade area however calling a game off so early is quite unusual, we stil don't know why the recent league fixture with Biggleswade United was switched from the Carlsberg Stadium to Second Meadow at the eleventh, sorry twelfth, hour do we and why Loosely tried to cover it up similar to Nixon and Watergate

To be fair there has been a hell of a lot of snow in the Biggleswade area however calling a game off so early is quite unusual, we stil don't know why the recent league fixture with Biggleswade United was switched from the Carlsberg Stadium to Second Meadow at the eleventh, sorry twelfth, hour do we and why Loosely tried to cover it up similar to Nixon and Watergate

I cant really comment Rhodesy, yes just one of their last nine home matches has been played at home and they have played just one league match at the Carlsberg Stadium since the 2nd of September but its not for me to read anything into that.

You must both be having a lot of fun trolling on here. The game was switched to Biggs United because the Carlsberg was required for a FA Youth Cup match. As it happened, it didn't go ahead because the pitch was waterlogged. However, we were able to play at Biggs United, which was very convenient.

I had thought you were both going to stop trying to spread this ridiculous cr*p about my club, but you both obviously don't have enough to do to fill your time. Neither of you live in Bedfordshire - we had about 4 or 5 inches of snow in Biggleswade last night, it is the worst weather I have seen for many years and is snowing again now. Some main roads are still closed. The temperature is falling fast and it is already treacherous outside and starting to freeze. The pitch was already very wet before the snow, and after a long discussion with one of the groundsman and with the referee, it was decided to call it off now, as the ref would not be able to do a pitch inspection during the morning. I don't know really why I'm telling you this, as I wouldn't be posting on here if a match was called off at Basildon or at any one of your clubs, Rhodes, as I wouldn't presume to know enough to be able to comment. However, if you both think it would be preferable to wait till an hour or so before the match to call it off, then you are clearly not as clever as I thought you both were.

Perhaps you should look at the news and the weather forecast a bit more rather than spend all your time playing trolls on a forum.

And no Richard, it's not for you to read anything into our fixtures, you're quite right. Those are the fixtures we were given, we had a long run of away matches and that's that. have a word with our League Secretary if you have a problem with it. We play where and when we are told to, and are happy to do so. You forget conveniently to mention that as we groundshare, we have to defer to our landlords when they have a Cup match.

Lesbos - I wouldn't be at all surprised if Maurice Dorrington has got something to do with it and Biggleswade Town want Southill Alexander out of their hair, lets face it Biggleswade Town could easily get another Step 4 or even a well supported Step 3 Club playing at the palatial Carlsberg Stadium for about 12k a season and the bar and burger van takings for example would be far more lucrative than they are at present with between 10 and 15 people attending Southill Alexander games.

And no Richard, it's not for you to read anything into our fixtures, you're quite right. Those are the fixtures we were given, we had a long run of away matches and that's that. have a word with our League Secretary if you have a problem with it. We play where and when we are told to, and are happy to do so. You forget conveniently to me

ntion that as we groundshare, we have to defer to our landlords when they have a Cup match.

Excuse me i was making a general point about some clubs being too hasty in postponing matches, we do live in the Free West not a Stalinist State, as much as you may not like it in a democracy people are entilted to view their thoughts and opinions,im sorry that your friends are not as influential on this site as they once were but thats life.

Im sure that Ebbsfleet werent too happy when you and others killed their forum, i wasnt too happy being labelled a cocaine addict by representatives of your club but i never tried to silence them, or indeed your manager coming on here under an alias making offensive posts about my job but again i took it on the chin, grow up Sally you cant always get your own way.

Yeah, whatever. Enjoy yourself.

nowhere was i having a pop at you or your club, i was simply discussing issues concerning non league football, you have came on here and explained the situation, stop being so thin skinned, i certainly wasnt when i was told i was too autistic to keep a job.

Oh, and Biggleswade United Reserves at home has now joined the very long list of games already off in the Bedfordshire League tomorrow. Mind you, that's hardly surprising, is it, bearing in mind what I posted above about the weather here.

thank you i had no idea the weather was so bad in that part of the country, i should point out that i am still a shareholder in Southill so i do still take an interest in the clubs progress, the same as you and loose do with Ebbsfleet, unfortunately im not allowed to view the clubs website so i dont always get to hear about the latest developments. With no access allowed to the clubs website i am now seriously considering whether i should try to sell my shares.

To be fair there has been a hell of a lot of snow in the Biggleswade area

I did acknowledge the fact that Biggleswade has been hit very hard by snow fall over the past 24 hours so it's hardly surprising that tomorrow's scheduled games between Southill Alexander and Blunham and Biggleswade United Reserves and AFC Kempston Town have been called off already

Richard, you can't view the website because you no longer have a valid website membership - and your money was refunded, if you recall.

Excuse me but i dont have a valid membership because my access was stopped which leaves me in the absurd position of being a shareholder but having no vote or indeed say on what happens at my club. In these circumstances im sure most people can appreciate my frustation.

could not someone simply do the decent thing and refund me the money i paid for my shares and then i can finally end my interest in the club,in the circumstances i cant help but feel that a additional payment should be made to compensate me for the emotional strain all this unfortunate business has put me under over the last few months, not to mention the fact that concert tickets i had paid for in good faith were never sent to me by a club representative.

Now then ... we still have the emails, Richard. You wanted your money back for the website subscription, we sent it. You were offered the opportunity to have your (one) share sold, you declined. I can post the emails up here if you want, but I think you know the truth.

You also know the truth about who paid for the concert tickets. End of story. Bye bye.