Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures and Results 12/13 January

Horace - Prior to the snow in the early hours of this morning and during the morning rush hour there had been signs of a thaw and it was a lot milder last night, I just thought there might be a handful of games played last night that's all if Club's had made more of an effort

I realise that you won't admit defeat, but in my view no club at lower non-league level in our area has the resources to get a pitch playable in the current situation. Don't know where you were last evening, but it wasn't very warm here in Hertford!

All games postponed this evening:

Wednesday 13 January

Challenge Trophy 4th Round

P Brimsdown Rovers v Bedford Town Reserves

Division One

P Sport London e Benfica v Cockfosters

P Tokyngton Manor v Holmer Green (7.30pm at Viking Sports Ground)

Reserve Challenge Trophy 3rd Round

PHatfield Town Reserves v Tring Corinthians Reserves (at Harpenden Town FC)

Herts FA - Charity Shield 2nd Round

P Hoddesdon Town v Tring Athletic

Don't even bother Keeps, Rhodes was meant to get an upgrade on the Logic Module but someone spilt coffee on it.

if there is a single SSMFL game on this saturday, Ill eat my hat (and I wear an oversized sombrero!!) :icon22:

If the blanket of snow that was on Colney Heath's pitch last night miraculously thaws before Saturday, it'll still be a miracle if it was playable. And, seeing the amount of snow on there last night, would still have taken 20 people the best part of 2 days to clear.

We managed a run in the snow last night, followed by a game of head tennis (in the snow) and then five-a-side....in the snow. Not exactly up to any standard, but still got us working rather than having another bout of nothing.

I'd like to know how much of an effort should be required to get games in this league when the weather has rendered pitches unplayable. How many groundstaff would be required to remove the remnants of up to 8 inches of snow in freezing conditions? We're not professional clubs, I'd be extremely shocked if many, if any, clubs have tarpaulin to cover the pitches. And I'd wager that even Tring's substantial upgrades aren't factoring in undersoil heating.

Fact of the matter is that the amount of snow that's fallen in most areas has been too much for even the most organised of football clubs at this level to deal with.

So TKM would have been able to play last night? coffee%20(2).gif

I didn't say that

So TKM would have been able to play last night? coffee%20(2).gif

I didn't say that

So you're saying that TM wouldn't have been able to play last night, but other clubs should have done. Is that the correct interpretation?

Lowfield is under a blanket still. Shame, I fancied givin Tring a pasting tonight!! Haha!! I honestly cant remember what the world looks like without snow! Its been that long.

Bet the fixture secretary is havin kittens just recently!!!! If only he'd issue fixtures annually, he might find it easier to slot in the re-arranged fixtures!! :452:

Bet the fixture secretary is havin kittens just recently!!!!

Yes, and the Referee's Secretary, those two guys deserve a medal at the best of times let alone at the moment

Lowfield is under a blanket still. Shame, I fancied givin Tring a pasting tonight!! Haha!! I honestly cant remember what the world looks like without snow! Its been that long.

Bet the fixture secretary is havin kittens just recently!!!! If only he'd issue fixtures annually, he might find it easier to slot in the re-arranged fixtures!! :452:

Careful Jonno, you're straying in to the realms of common sense with that statement!

Jonno - Well I'm doing a programme for Saturday, we're fairly confident that the game with Hadley will go ahead

I was supposed to be playing a game at St Mags on Sunday and that has been called off already.....

if there is a single SSMFL game on this saturday, Ill eat my hat (and I wear an oversized sombrero!!) icon22.gif

You will be eating your hat Jonno........Rhodes will have the hallowed turf of the 'hidden gem' in pristine condition.

Well Jonno, it looks like your hat survives.......obviously Rhodes didnt put in the 'extra mile' after all. coffee%20(2).gif

if there is a single SSMFL game on this saturday, Ill eat my hat (and I wear an oversized sombrero!!) icon22.gif
You will be eating your hat Jonno........Rhodes will have the hallowed turf of the 'hidden gem' in pristine condition.
Well Jonno, it looks like your hat survives.......obviously Rhodes didnt put in the 'extra mile' after all. coffee%20(2).gif

No games then. Thought so.

Please god lets pray for some midweek football!! We havent had a game since December 19th!!!!

obviously Rhodes didnt put in the 'extra mile' after all. coffee%20(2).gif

No, but I wonder if it carried out it's threat to waste more tax payers money on an unnecessary programme?

I think the word you was looking for is...........programmes!!!!

When you don't have to pay the bill, you can waste as much money (and your employer's time) as you like!