Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Town

Rumphole

Congratulations Chertsey on beating Plymouth Parkway.

Just to let you know that we are the famous Whitley Bay (we won at Wembley) and we are coming your way.

Make sure that you stock up the bar and lock up your women because the Bay are on the way !

Chertsey ??????

Women ????????

Dream on Rumpers, old chap !!

:coffee (2):

:Kick_Can_emoticon:

Ha Ha. Make sure you get a few of you boys to join in the banter on here before you come down Rumpy. And as the old 'un he isn't far wrong with the women but I am sure Chertski will stock the bar up for you. Watch out JR they may put a 7 dayer in for the Ashai !!!

Really? They've done well!! I wouldn't have thought a team that low down in status could enter the vase

did you know Parkway are the equivilant of a surrey elite league side reaching that stage of the vase. Fair play to them

...PEDANT ALERT :118:--- are you sure about that?

I'd have thought the SWP - South West Peninsula, where PP are currently mid-table with dozens of games in hand ;) well lots, is placed (somewhat debateably) @ STEP06.

So in PYRAMID terms its the same as CCL1 - however these teams are nearly all from South & West Devon and Cornwall. Thus I'd expect the better sides are not all that keen to progress for geographical/economical reasons and are actually far stronger in quality and set-up than your average STEP06 league.

I think they all have quite good facilities.

Perhaps another case in point their average league attendance this season is just under 200. I think this level of support is only approached by Cambo in the CCLP and I very much doubt if the SEIL gets anywhere near that very often if ever? Bear in mind they also have a Championship club on their doorstep too - albeit a similarly cr@p one like mine! :frown:

I think the general view amongst Western League officials - where clubs like this should naturally progress to - is that they would love a few more of the stronger SWP clubs to move over but most of them won't do the travelling.

From what I've read amongst other NL boards re these 'far' western clubs, most of them could compete very well in the Western Premier, which is also regarded by some as one of the strongest STEP05 leagues around.

So on the day quite a good result for 'The Curfews' - and I hope they perform and progress against 'The Bay'.

Looking at results elsewhere in the Vase - looks as if some Midland clubs are doing well and those from leagues 'local' to us have somewhat disappointed at this stage.

Both Hellenic clubs went - the last Wessex club fell last week - and only one Western club survived yesterday. In spite of what it says on the 'Offical FA site.' :wall:

The S.Mids still have two possible sides in the 5th Round - Royston got through in ET and Brimsdown play this lunchtime

PS - I see Wattsy's post came in as I was typing this excessive drivel - clubs from STEP7 ( i.e. Sussex Div 3 ) can enter the Vase if they have the entry fee and the facilities - AFC Wallingford have been in for the past couple of seasons and they are currently languishing in the North Baaarks. Obviously helps they have the ground and a bit of History in the competition too.

Not sure that you could cope if all our regulars started posting. We tend to get more for our midweek friendlies than turned up for yesterday's Vase game.

What time does the clubhouse open ? And will they have enough bubbly for our post match celebrations ?!!!!!!!!!!!

Have Chertsey done anything to their bar since last season?

If not, then I'd describe it as 'basic'. If you drink proper beer then you'd be better off going into town for your pre-match drink. Failing that, send your coaches to Camberley FC. We'll put up with you for a couple of hours before the game before sending you on your merry way to Chertsey.

One thing to remember - this is Surrey so beer's expensive. On the plus side you do get a full pint each time! :beer:

Not sure that you could cope if all our regulars started posting. We tend to get more for our midweek friendlies than turned up for yesterday's Vase game.

What time does the clubhouse open ? And will they have enough bubbly for our post match celebrations ?!!!!!!!!!!!

Chertsey ??????

Bubbly ????????

You'd be more likely to get a half of shandy, and that'd be on a good day !!

:bolt:

Rumpy just get more of you northern lot on so we can have some good hearted north v south banter. Chertsey bar is ok but not sure on the range of beers that they drink. The regulars like a good drink so will be a decent atmosphere in there. Although VP had a good idea. Send your coachloads to Cambo first and then we will give you a full tour of the trip to Chertsey with VP and I as host.

Also one last thing. Leave your 2 best players at home otherwise you may never see them again.

Hi Spencer :)

Rumpy just get more of you northern lot on so we can have some good hearted north v south banter. Chertsey bar is ok but not sure on the range of beers that they drink. The regulars like a good drink so will be a decent atmosphere in there. Although VP had a good idea. Send your coachloads to Cambo first and then we will give you a full tour of the trip to Chertsey with VP and I as host.

Also one last thing. Leave your 2 best players at home otherwise you may never see them again.

Hi Spencer :)

I'm told the Chertski Chairman has a reserved place at the bar. He certainly has at ours when they visit us !

:champis2:

:bolt:

Takes a long time to get messages through up here. The pigeon is on his way with the messages to get people on board.

Don't forget to stock up with bottle of broon (brown ale to you !) and as the others will tell you a few bottles of vino for old Rumpy here (Rumpholes on the vino, Rumpholes on the vino, la la la la, la la la la).

We are hoping to bring a couple of hundred so it should be a great day for all.

BTW what is this Yuppings Lodge place that we seem to have been told about ? Do they accept title deeds for our back to back houses ? Will we allowed to wear our flat caps in the bar ? Is there a tethering post for our whippets ?

And before you ask .................... I was born in Bromley !!!!

It's a long story .................

...... and quite a long journey too, Rumpy !

Were you banished 'Tup North' ?

Flat caps, whippets and pigeons ?

We don't use pigeons down here for mail, we eat 'em. (Pigeon pie ! - Yum-Yum)

By the way, welcome to the CoCo forum. We're a friendly bunch on here, unlike some of the other forums on Fans Focus.

Edited by Big J R

The man you need on here is "I Am Fisheye". A man steeped in Bay history who can tell you about the bad times as well as the good. He will liven things up. I have e-mailed him and he should need little persuasion !

I moved here through choice but could never go back. Memories of traffic jams on the M25 still haunt me and the price of a pint here is remarkable such as the £1.60 at Hordern Conservative Club when we played them. Hordern is a County Durham pit village where the chances of anyone voting conservative are about as high as someone voting labour in Chertsey !

No most of those envolved in Chertsey Town FC would not live in such a shithole

(Awaits a very loud nuclear explosion !!)

:bootyshake:

Congrats to Chertsey. Was at the game yesterday with some of the Badshot Lea lads as our game was off.

Chertsey played well but not sure how you can judge the performance as I think Plymouth were out of their depth. There wasn't a defender in sight on any of Pomroy's goals and as we know you can't give him any space.

Met some of the 25 Whitley Bay contingent at half time seemed a good group, swapped a bit of banter. Was also inroduced to the Whitley Bay Chairman.

Can understand sending a couple of scouts to watch your future Vase opponents but 25 inc your Chairman seemed a lot especially when they had a home league game yesterday.

Just read the Non League Paper and thought they got it about right. Think Whitley Bay will definately start as favourites but you never know, home advantage etc its a funny old game.

Biggest cheer of the day was when the latest score from the Egham v Cambo game was announced over the tannoy 3-0 at the time.

All in all a good day for Chertsey and good luck to them on Feb 6th.

We knew that the Chairman and also reserve team manager Gavin Fell (you can't miss him !) were on a spying mission but who the hell were the rest of them ?

There weren't many regulars missing yesterday so it looks like they were glory hunters. Shame they didn't stay at home and support the lads.

There weren't many regulars missing yesterday so it looks like they were glory hunters.

They were probably southern based Bay fans. You know what it's like with southerners supporting northern teams instead of their local club. You can't move for Man Utd, Liverpool, Whitley Bay and Reading fans around here!