Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Town

Rumphole

Just seen your post Rumphole. I Feel sorry that you had to experience this. When I played for Feltham we played Chertsey back in November in the league cup. We had 4 or 5 black lads playing and with it being a Tuesday night the Chertsey 'youth club' were there watching. Very similar, spitting, throwing wine gums and calling these players every racist word thinkable!

It was reported to the officials and the Chertsey officials who replied to me saying 'That's football' it died down in the second half but was still annoyed about the whole situation!

Anyway, back to the game and well done to both sides who sound like they took part in a fantastic match! Good luck next week in the replay!! :smilewinkgrin:

if any of you guys are venturing up to Artic circle

Post here , we can always advise where to stay , eat and drink

Ask Lowestoft and Poole for references !!!

We did advise them etc and Fisheye stood Poole a round of drinks in Whiley Bay coffee%20(2).gif

Should be no excuse for you rich southerners , the beer will seem as if we are giving it awaysmilewinkgrin.gif signthankspin.gif

Today was Chertsey's cup final they only see an attendance of double figures if their youth team or there is a club event happening. The wannabe trouble makers being on show is unsuprising due to the chavvy town that is Chertsey. Little kids that have been watching too much Football Factory and thinking they are "well ard." Id like to see them at a bigger game and bigger attendance and see how "hard" they are then, doubt they will be at another Chertsey game this year. Respect to the fans who travelled down your the proper football fans top lads.

Had a couple of hours to reflect.

Seems that the trouble is caused by a number of youngsters who are indulged by the stewards.

I don't think that there would be much of a crowd without them which I suppose is why they are tolerated.

It will be interesting to see what happens in front of a thousand Bay supporters next week.

As you will have realised we get behind our team !

I got home safely but the coaches are still at Derby (Rumpy is a canny southerner !).

A good day. An even game. Good hospitality from the pub round the corner which was invaded by Bayites and even brought the "chef" out to serve as 50 odd fans arrived at once.

Got the impression that a lot of people came who normally follow other teams. Sorry we weren't up to scratch. Didn't think Hodgy should have been sent off but its a funny old game.

Many thanks to all of you on here for being wonderful hosts. I have enjoyed all the banter and look forward to it continuing for at least another. And longer when we win and I get to gloat !

For those of us who couldnt make the trip - cannt afford 2 trips to London in a week

Many Many thanks to Radio Wey for their coverage of the game

Granted I had kittens when they were celebrating the near miss in the 90th minutesignthankspin.gif

chertsey1-1 whitley bay

absolutly gutted not to have won, very good game of football between 2 very good teams, but i feel we shaded the game and if not for the ever realiable john pomroy missing a normally gobbled up one on one and the outstretched fingertips of the keeper and theres more, the whitley crossbar, chertsey could have been celebrating a famous victory, but as it is we do it all again next saturday where it will be a tougher task for us, i appologise for the ugly scenes during extra time, maybe the heat of the moment got to a coulple of our young fans!!! were not all like that i promise!! great atmosphere but im sure there wont be many of us travelling up there next saturday so expect a more silent chertsey following!!

Sadly you seem to have a bunch of young idiots who want to spoil it for everyone. The stewards need to get a grip or you will not improve your reputation or following.

Always seems to happen at these sort of games. Chertsey can be a tough old place and have a few colourful stories.

Anyway I still want Chersty to win and pleased it went to a replay. Hope all the Northern Monkeys made their way back safetly.

Always seems to happen at these sort of games. Chertsey can be a tough old place and have a few colourful stories.

Anyway I still want Chersty to win and pleased it went to a replay. Hope all the Northern Monkeys made their way back safetly.

They have no chance in front of 1000 Bayites next week. We will stuff them. They normally get 100 through the gate.

Edited by Rumphole

sadly the spitting is not an isolated event. We played against Chertsey away before xmas. Our goalkeeper made a complaint about the chertsey youth players/supporters (wearing CTFC tracksuits) spitting at him from behind the goal. At the final whistle they then made there way on to the pitch giving him and the other players abuse. Acting all big and hard and trying to get in the Cove players faces........ i asked the ref to keep them back to avoid any problems. Someone needs to get hold of these critters cos they are dragging Chertsey further down......

Still would like to see Chertsey progress. Fly the CCL flag!!

They have no chance in front of 1000 Bayites next week. We will stuff them. They normally get 100 through the gate.

What kind of attendance was there today Rumphole?

What kind of attendance was there today Rumphole?

I would have thought about 600 so Chertsey lost money. And most of us drank at the pub round the corner before the game so no bonus over the bar.

Edited by Rumphole

KROONS YOU ARE NO LONGER MY LEADER,you are a disgace to all things C.C.L.You never raise your head above the PARAPET regarding REFS,but by your post you make excuses for outrageous behaviour by a few Chertsey SLOBS. I HOPE WHITLEY BAY KICK chertseys backside in the replay,just for the outrageous treatment they dished out to true Northern friends.

Ha Ha Smudgey you certainly can read some things in statements that no-one else can.

Reread what I said a thousand times and still am failing to spot the excuses I made but happy for you to explain Smudgey.

I still want Chertsey to win as they are flying the CCL flag just the same as I would it it were you side despite the nonsense you spout at times ;)

it wasnt all one way traffic yesterday regarding the trouble, theres only so much stick our club can take!!!! one of our youths stole a wb wooly hat which wasnt right and so this particular man raced after the culprit and squared up to our youth!!! now is that correct from a mature adult.................... i dont agree with the water being thrown but should then of the keeper thrown it back...... as the trouble esculaded a couple of wb fans came an stood right in the middle of our lot and started chanting which is obviosly going to annoy our fans, again should 2 grown up men be doing this knowing what is going on..................... we are mostly to blame but to come on here and say we are totally to blame is absolute b******s!!!!

Sorry to hear about the problems the whitley fans have had It must have spoiled a good afternoons football and speaking to a couple of your fans after the match i am now disapointed I wont be able to come up for the replay.I was standing behing the goal but fortunatley I wasnt there when the beer throwing incident happened hopeotherwise you all had a good time

it wasnt all one way traffic yesterday regarding the trouble, theres only so much stick our club can take!!!! one of our youths stole a wb wooly hat which wasnt right and so this particular man raced after the culprit and squared up to our youth!!! now is that correct from a mature adult.................... i dont agree with the water being thrown but should then of the keeper thrown it back...... as the trouble esculaded a couple of wb fans came an stood right in the middle of our lot and started chanting which is obviosly going to annoy our fans, again should 2 grown up men be doing this knowing what is going on..................... we are mostly to blame but to come on here and say we are totally to blame is absolute b******s!!!!

It is attitude like this that is the reason the country is in the state it is. 'He only tried to mug him, I can't believe he would have the temerity to fight for his belongings' is another way of putting it or 'I saw a couple of instances and on behalf of my club and league they represent I apologise unreservedly' is what you should have said. The Vase is a great opportunity to play against clubs from other leagues and forge friendships , and one or two idiots should not be allowed to ruin this. Good luck to both clubs in the replay, as a 'southern softie' I am rooting for Chertsey, but I watch a lot of Northern League football and I don't fancy their chances.