Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Town

Rumphole

£3000 a week?!!!

Its statements like that which get players asking for huge sums that they dont get here. Ask Dobbo jnr and multiply that by a team and its nowhere near half that figure. Thankfully we have got a bunch here that are not soley motivated by money. There are at least two teams paying more than us in our division but think what you like but bankrupting the club is not part of our plans

My wife was gob smacked on Saturday when one of the Chertsey players opened his wage packet near to her and then told his mate on the phone that he now had an extra £150 to go out with that night. Top earner or just an average wage??

I know what Dobbo was on and he certainly wasnt the top earner or the best player you had so it makes you wonder.

Listen.... just a bit of banter. If Mr Chertsey wants to use his own money on a club he chooses then so be it....Lucky Chertsey is all i have to say....

If i was fortunate enough to play for Chertsey and get paid a decent wage to play then i couldnt care what people thought and nor should Mr Chertsey. Didnt speak to the man on Saturday but seems a nice enough guy...

Hope Chertsey win on Saturday....

Cant think who those 2 clubs are that supposedly pay more than Chertsey... North Greenford?? Camberley?? (i know how to get Barnard going)

Good to see the southern softies joining in today bootyshake.gif

This must be the longest thread that you have ever had on here !

Look forward to seeing as many at the game as possible tomorrow.

Follow the Bay, home and away.

Not likely. The longest thread ever in the history of all forums across the world was entitled 'DORKING FC'

Good to see the southern softies joining in today bootyshake.gif

This must be the longest thread that you have ever had on here !

Look forward to seeing as many at the game as possible tomorrow.

Follow the Bay, home and away.

Unfortunately, I think I may be paddling, with bucket & spade at Meadowbank !

:beer:

I'm sure the Chertsey players couldnt give a sh1t as long as its accepted at every high street brothel....i mean bank...!!

.... one and the same in Chertsey, I'm led to believe Johnno !

The trouble is that, with the chairman's track record, do the players know where the money came from ?

C.ASH is the biggest provider of Funds at most football clubs.Rumpy m8 you just got up,How much is your return flight to Chertsey and is it same day return.Whitley pay their players a few bob also don't they,or is it the love of the shirt.

I thought Chertsey was full of bankers ?!!!

If you mean as in...... 'Merchant' then you are absolutey correct Rumpy !

The trouble is that, with the chairman's track record, do the players know where the money came from ?

C.ASH is the biggest provider of Funds at most football clubs.Rumpy m8 you just got up,How much is your return flight to Chertsey and is it same day return.Whitley pay their players a few bob also don't they,or is it the love of the shirt.

I am a bit puzzled about the how the expenses have got so high.

I booked as soon as the draw was made (I had confidence in Chertsey to beat Plymouth Parkway !). I paid about £130 although it was about £160 by the time the game was played.

My flight leaves Newcastle at 9.20 and arrives at Heathrow at 10.35. The return flight is at 7.05 p.m. I will be home before 9.

Even allowing for parking at Newcastle and travel between Heathrow and the ground, it would surely have been cheaper to fly on the day which would leave enough time for the players to train at, say, 12 o'clock.

The only problem is if the outward flight is delayed or cancelled.

The alternatives were: (i) train which is about 5 hours each way; or (ii) coach which is about 6 hours each way. I didn't fancy either.

In case of a replay, I have checked the flights and it can be done in a day. The cost is £155 per person and gets the players back to Heathrow for 9. We have a man here who can get you a coach to and from the airport.

I booked as soon as the draw was made (I had confidence in Chertsey to beat Plymouth Parkway !). I paid about £130 although it was about £160 by the time the game was played.

My flight leaves Newcastle at 9.20 and arrives at Heathrow at 10.35. The return flight is at 7.05 p.m. I will be home before 9.

Even allowing for parking at Newcastle and travel between Heathrow and the ground, it would surely have been cheaper to fly on the day which would leave enough time for the players to train at, say, 12 o'clock.

The alternatives were: (i) train which is about 5 hours each way; or (ii) coach which is about 6 hours each way. I didn't fancy either.

In case of a replay, I have checked the flights and it can be done in a day. The cost is £155 per person and gets the players back to Heathrow for 9. We have a man here who can get you a coach to and from the airport.

Thanks for that,you have retained your Southern honesty since you went up North.Someone telling Porkies tho about the cost,and 2 nights stay in hotel.

Thanks for that,you have retained your Southern honesty since you went up North.Someone telling Porkies tho about the cost,and 2 nights stay in hotel.

I think that the problem is that it is unrealistic to expect the players to travel for 6 hours each way on the day of the game and then play. Hence an overnight stay is required. To then play, have a beer with the opposition and make a six hour return journey might also be thought unrealistic.

There can't be much argument about staying over the night before the game. The real issue is the second night which costs about £1,000.

Flying is only cheaper if there is NO hotel stay.

I think that the problem is that it is unrealistic to expect the players to travel for 6 hours each way on the day of the game and then play. Hence an overnight stay is required. To then play, have a beer with the opposition and make a six hour return journey might also be thought unrealistic.

There can't be much argument about staying over the night before the game. The real issue is the second night which costs about £1,000.

Flying is only cheaper if there is NO hotel stay.

Conference Clubs never stay overnight after games up north,so why would they at this level.They would be home by 1am and could have a nap on way.Hardly worth playing in the competition with exhorbitant costs like that,just hope it aint a replay.

Look on the wages scale WB will be paying more than us all put together and it is time they took their wage roll to Step 4. Do love a bit of banter over Chertsey wages though. Chertsey Boy always rises to the bait ;)

I guess some of the madding crowd will be on their way down and there is no way they will be on here now as they cannot work calculators let alone iphones.

The more this thread grows the more I am gutted at missing the game.

Look on the wages scale WB will be paying more than us all put together and it is time they took their wage roll to Step 4. Do love a bit of banter over Chertsey wages though. Chertsey Boy always rises to the bait wink.gif

I guess some of the madding crowd will be on their way down and there is no way they will be on here now as they cannot work calculators let alone iphones.

The more this thread grows the more I am gutted at missing the game.

I think you would be surprised at the Bay's wage bill. It's not as much as you might think. Certainly likely to be less than Chertsey's.

Remember our boys just need enough for the stale bread and dripping.

Loved stale bread and dripping when I was a nipper,the jelly was awesome.9 Inch Teles,if you were lucky to own one,loved watch with mother.Test card was always repeated.Deep snow,Fog,Footie crowds of over 1000 at Tooting and Dulwich,Fish and Chips 5d,MATCHES PLAYED IN ALL WEATHERS.What went wrong I ask myself.

Credit cards ?!!!!!

We still barter sheep here !

Thats the first time I have heard that activity called that.