Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Totton watch

Rother

Easier said than done but if we maintain our form from the rest of the season we should still have enough to beat everyone in the league.

Even last week when we weren't anywhere near our best we had 3 knocked off the line, a penalty saved and came up against a 'keeper in inspired form.

We all know form can disappear overnight, particularly if compacency sets in, but I'm sure Scott won't let that happen.

I liken this team to the Reading team of 2004/5 that just got on a roll, suffered remarkably few injuries along the way (a great help I think) and just carried on and on with their focus never derailed, rolling over everyone in their path.

Famous last words eh?

Lets not forget we beat AFC Hayes and destroyed VT without Jake as well, we also haven't got Gavin playing at he moment so one key player and one good centre forward not on the pitch and we still looked good.

No one says it is going to be easy but there isn't one team who wouldn't rather be in our position at the moment, played the games and got the points, just keep it up and we "Should" be okay.

still a long way to go......

WORRYING BEHAVIOUR OF TOTTON BOSSES

I am a fan of Totton and I'm sure that I'm not the only fan that is becoming increasingly worried about the club and, in particular, the behaviour of the management team of Stu Ritchie and our Director of Football, Mick Budny. In the last 4 weeks we have had things like our DofF sitting on the bench issuing instructions to the management! Where else would that happen?

We are second in the league with a greta chance to catch up on Windsor although we have a lot of games to play which is worrying for everyone. However at the moment all that is coming out of the club is bad vibes and news with consistent rumours of a very unhappy dressing room, which is caused by Messrs Ritchie and Budny!

Signed, Alex Hunter, Southampton

Unfortunately the paper itself didn't make it into my hnads this week but I understand that there is a response to Mr Hunter's letter this week from a Mr Bagshaw along the lines of "don't know what he's moaning about, the management team is doing a great job"....

Never heard of him either. Some peole do think he (Mr budny) has a little too much input to matters on the pitch. As I said in an earlier post, he was not in the dugout at the last home game. I am not sure how often this has happened as I don't pass the dugout between where I stand and the bar.

If we were bottom half and looking at a relegation battle, I would maybe question the management, but as it stands, I agree with Mr Bagshaw.

rother, you do have an ecellent album collection !!

...In feburary Frome Town will play Cirencester, Bridgewater, Totton & Windsor. 4 out of the present top 6. Thats a very tough month for anyone but we go into the month now on 19 games without defeat so i dont suppose any of these teams will be looking forward to playing us either. Keep an eye out on our position after these games & if were still undefeated then watch out Windsor coz we'll be the team chasing you not Totton

Well, Frome are the only league team we failed to beat since September, and the only ones to stop us scoring at home; plus they've only lost once at home themselves. So I'd agree we (and others) might not be relishing the visit... but we'll surely be extra careful and our record this season is literally second to none!

Only nasty point is playing away on a Wednesday evening, but we've probably got the easier game on the following Saturday (home to Cinderford as against away to Abingdon) as well as before (home to Mangotsfield vs home to Bridgwater).

This will surely be a great game with an atmosphere thatll be a credit to non league. Wednesday night fixtures at Badgers Hill can be very noisy & very partisan.You can bet your bottom dollar The Clubhouse End will be in very fine voice wednesday week & the more windsor bring down the better the atmosphere so come on down in numbers.

Edited by southwestred

[rother, you do have an ecellent album collection !!

Thanks!

I'll move on to some other bands in due couse - see what you reckon then!

As a total off topic comment, a friend, and fellow W&E supporter saw Colin Blunstone at Sutton's clubhouse tonight in front of 300 other old farts (still superb voice apparently) - unvelievably they've got Hawkwind tomorrow night, and Wishbone Ash next week!!

There'll be some strange substances being consumed outside the venue then I reckon!!

I'm in the wrong village....

I hope Geggy is going to realise he was wrong to give me stick for putting How does it feel by slade on my facebook now!

Southwestred- Its abit of an ask to get a good turn out on a wednesday night. 20 max

[rother, you do have an ecellent album collection !!

Thanks!

I'll move on to some other bands in due couse - see what you reckon then!

As a total off topic comment, a friend, and fellow W&E supporter saw Colin Blunstone at Sutton's clubhouse tonight in front of 300 other old farts (still superb voice apparently) - unvelievably they've got Hawkwind tomorrow night, and Wishbone Ash next week!!

There'll be some strange substances being consumed outside the venue then I reckon!!

I'm in the wrong village....

Who is in the Ash line up these days? I last saw them at the old Rainbow in about 1974...........

Getting the thread back on track i see that Aaron Couch has left Totton aswell. Another player gone. I notice they have also got a thursday game lined up against North Leigh. Will be interesting to see if anyone elses leaves certainly adds weight to the rumours that all is not well.

The statement on their website says:

"Aaron Couch has decided to leave the club after joining us back in July 2009 off the back of a very successful season at Marlow having scored some 40 goals for them at the very same level. Aaron has shown some glimpses of his ability during his time with us, however he felt that his heart just wasn't in it anymore."

Yeah right. He's played 29 times for them this season in all competitions, scored 7 goals and had 2 MOTM awards but has only shown "glimpses of his ability".

I suspect this is another example of Mr Budny's rather unpleasantly disrespectful view on the players' contribution and importance showing itself in his public utterances.

One can only imagine that his obvious contempt for the players is being matched by theirs for him, hence the apparent unrest and constant exodus.

That I am aware of, 5 virtual ever-presents in Jack, Bottomley, Wilde, Scott and Couch have all left the 1st team squad (if not formally left the club) since Christmas. The fans must be mighty concerned.

The statement on their website says:

"Aaron Couch has decided to leave the club after joining us back in July 2009 off the back of a very successful season at Marlow having scored some 40 goals for them at the very same level. Aaron has shown some glimpses of his ability during his time with us, however he felt that his heart just wasn't in it anymore."

Yeah right. He's played 29 times for them this season in all competitions, scored 7 goals and had 2 MOTM awards but has only shown "glimpses of his ability".

That certainly seems a weirdly dismissive comment. And given that he's only 21 he seems a little young to have lost heart in the game... but this sheds some light. And I think shows both in a somewhat more favourable light, to be honest, besides explaining those odd-seeming words as a direct quote.

... The 21-year-old rejoined Marlow on Tuesday after a morale-sapping experience at AFC Totton and hopes the step back will lead to a stride forward.

He said: “I just want to get my name back on the map again. I want to get my name out there again because there were a few professional clubs looking at me last year but it’s gone quiet this year.”

Twenty goals for Marlow last season earned Couch a trial with QPR at the start of the season, while Tranmere and a few Bluesquare Premier clubs were also watching him. When nothing materialised he moved to AFC Totton instead but has been a bit part player and dropped off the scouts’ radar.

He said: “QPR were going to be in touch with me again in January, but because I was on the bench at Totton I didn’t hear anything. I started 12 games there and scored seven goals, but they were playing me out of position and my confidence was well low.”

The final straw came last Tuesday, when he spent three hours driving to Cinderford and was rewarded with a substitute’s appearance one minute from the end.

He said: “They told me I was in the squad but that’s all I got. My feet were freezing, I think I put one cross in and to be honest my heart wasn’t in it any more after that.”

And hey, who are we to talk (or gloat)? As the same article says...

Couch’s experience has echoes of Marlow top-scorer Jermaine Roche. After blasting in the goals for Blues he was snapped up by Windsor & Eton but he never settled there and is now back at Oak Tree Road scoring for fun.

Exactly. I don't think it particularly reflects badly on Totton if a player who's been key elsewhere can't find a similar strength for them, teams doing well and with a settled side can be hard to break into.

Hmm, I obviously don't understand the stats page of their website.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/afctotton/?primary=senior&secondary=statistics&team_id=

Looks like he's made 25 appearances this season, only 4 as sub and has scored 7 times. If correct, that doesn't make him sound like a bit-part player to me.

He is one of the 2 I reported a week or 2 back as being banished to the Reserves bench.

I believe he is being allowed to play for Gosport tonight against Totton. Unusual decision that. Hope he bags a couple and slides on his knees to celebrate in front of Mr Budny!

Gosport seem to have suddenly gone off the boil having lost both their last 2 games so let's hope they can pick themselves up tonight.

Right, I have had a little read and

'They told me I was in the squad but that’s all I got. My feet were freezing'

My heart bleeds for you !! explains to me why he wont make it and i reiterate my comment above.

QPR, I know they are having abad time but come on get real !!

Yes especially after tonight.

fairly comfortable last night in very soggy conditions. Don't belive what Mr Pike says, I thought the ref had a decent enough game. Ill dicipline on the bench leads to the very same on the pitch.

Mind you, it all went a bit numb late on, brings it all into perspective really

http://www.dailyecho...apses_on_pitch/

Edited by Stag Whippet