Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Totton watch

Rother

I think if they don't get a win Saturday and we do it will just be too much. But even though the gap is getting bigger the title still feels a long way away, no chickens counted yet and we still have a few tough games left. But I know which position I would rather be in, also not sure they do have second place sewn up, a couple bad results and they could end up fighting for the prime play off place, fingers crossed...

Totton are no mugs and we're going to have to be at our best to win the league. People ought to realise that before even thinking the league is won! We know from last year things can change quickly!! A game at a time!

However i think we can all say Bracknell are going to finish bottom. Lost 7-0 at home to AFC Hayes infront of 48 people. I hope they re-gather at a league below and use the groundshare with Wokingham and Embrook to re-build their ground as i understand their ground would fail the gradings if they were to be promoted.

As i said on a different thread, the best team we have played over the last two years in my opinion, so I for one don't underestimate them at all.

I don't think there has been much doubt for quite a while about who will finish bottom, but what a game if we need to win the last game of the season to win the league, away to Bracknell - too many bad memories!!!!

Just thought i'd post there run up to the game with us....

Saturday 27th March 3.00pm Cirencester Town Away

Monday 29th March 7.30pm Paulton Rovers Away

Saturday 3rd April 3.00pm VT FC Home

Monday 5th April 3.00pm Gosport Borough Away

Wednesday 7th April 7.45pm Bridgwater Town Away

Saturday 10th April 3.00pm Windsor & Eton Home

Totton were not impressive today. Bedfont ran them very close, and if they'd started off with a bit more firepower up front (Henry and Miner came on as subs) then they might well have got a result.

Having said that Gosney was a sub as well and he only came on after Bedfont had drawn level.

All in all not a bad game but to be honest both teams looked to be a level below ours. (Which they probably will be next season.)

(Just calling it as I saw it... I really did expect to see a lot more from the boys in pink.)

Edited by Rother

I don't think Totton will be a level below us when we play them at their place.

In all honesty, i think we're in danger of coming across as a touch arrogant. I think the title race will go to the wire.

As for the fans that made the trip today, as far as i'm concerned there's no excuse for the players failing to acknowledge you.

They were obviously disappointed with the result, but it it doesn't take much effort to show some appreciation to people who have given up their time and money to follow them week in, week out.

Not great really!

Confidence, not arrogance.

Evidence of the eyes when looking at the table, the remaining fixtures and the performance today suggests that Totton are extremely unlikley to catch us.

As I have always said, if they do catch and overtake us then they will be due full and humble congratulations because it will have been a helluvan achievement. I just think it is extremely unlikely to happen.

The club's management must ensure no-one in the dressing room relaxes for a moment, but we are not insiders we are fans, and whilst gloating arrogance from anyone would be extremely misplaced at this stage, there's no point not calling at you see it.

I also watched Bedfont Green v AFC Totton yesterday and respectfully dissent from the views of the wise and perceptive Rother. A scrappy first half but an exciting second. The visitors, wearing a fetching pink and navy Dulwich Hamlet combo from the non-league spring/summer 2010 collection, had the better chances, hit the woodwork twice and had claims for a goal that was pulled as the lino thought the ball had not crossed the line. Bedfont did their best to do their landlords a favour and equalised Totton’s penalty but an excellent lobbed goal from Taylor secured the points. They are beatable but have pace and width in abundance. Loud, friendly away support. I can’t offer any great tactical insights but would say if that is typical of Totton there’s nothing between the top two teams.

"Wise and perceptive"? One of the more obvious precursors to a difference of opinion...

Loud support? Maybe I was deep in conversation but I hardly heard a peep from them. A couple of times one guy shouted "Totton" about 20 times without accompaniment but the rest of them were church mice for 88 minutes.