Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Totton watch

Rother

Bearing this in mind....

The 17-year-old - a relative of Chelsea legend Bobby Tambling - had been undergoing tests on his heart in recent weeks, but had been given the all clear to play.

"He was taken to hospital by ambulance and by that time he was sitting up again but for a while we had lost his pulse and his lips had turned blue."

His Mum added: "They don't know what's wrong with him at the moment - he keeps getting chest pains and passing out. It's not something he has always suffered from."

...it does seem absolutely extraordinary that he was passed fit to play. I know it's easy to pass judgement from the sidlines without knowing the full story but seriously, what the hell were they thinking?

Anyway, let's hope whatever it is that ails the young man is not a long-term condition. Doesn't sound great though.

Just spoken to my mate down that way - he went to the game and reckoned Totton looked pretty poor really - the 4-1 scoreline massively flattered them and really only came about when a sending-off knocked the stuffing out of Gosport.

Oh well, play poorly and win 4-1, I guess that's what it's all about, but it doesn't sound like a return to top form for Totton.

Although it's unlikley they'll slip mup at home to Andover on Saturday, their 2 games next week are away to Frome and Bridgewater so every chance of some dropped points against those 2 who are battling for play off positions.

Doesnt need to be said but i hope the lad gets well as soon as he can. I know from having freinds who've passed away it can happen at any time no matter what age you are so hope that he recovers fully. Been a bad few weeks in this league what with the guy from uxbridge passing away at only 29

Rother, you really need to get a new mate down this way !!!

A pint on it that he is from east of the solent i.e. Pompey way.

The fact that their manager doesn't shout at his players in encouragement or tatics, but just shouts at the officials for 90 minutes (same happened last year at theirs when they won 2-0) doesn't mean they deserved anything.

As I posted before, it was very comfortable, although not a 4 - 1 game. The very wet conditions did not really help for good football, but to say Totton were poor is misleading and inaccurate. However, if we were, then I will be happy to be pretty poor every week !!!!!!!!!

Off to Frome next week, so thanks for the pub info on the other thread.

Your album collection seems to have gone a bit off track !!

Edited by Stag Whippet

One of the best rock albums of all time!!

The twin lead guitars on Throw Down The Sword nearly bring tears to my eyes - it's beautiful stuff I tell ya!

I'll have to dig out my copy again... been a while since I listened to WA, preferred Argus to There's the Rub/Locked In but I don't recall either being that special... I must be too young :signthankspin:

Sounds like Andover were missing a few players against Totton but gave them a good game.

It will be interesting to see how we get on against them.

Andover give a very thorough report don't they?

http://www.andover-fc.co.uk/docs/NewFrontPageSingle.php?page=Lions Battle In Vain

I like the closing comment: "The quote of the afternoon goes to one of the more academically challenged of the Totton clientele for his cry "how much are Andover PAYING you, ref"."

Blimey, if he can put that much effort into a report it just makes their predicament all the more sad.

All very accurate as well, nothing much to add to that. We were absolutley pants in the first half but pretty good in the second, especially after bringing the superb lewis on. We actually managed to get forward up the right as well as the left after that. Why oh why he was not on from the start is a mystery. He would be the first name on the team sheet every week for me. Maybe thats why I'm not the manager !!

Tough week ahead. Making the trip to frome on wednesday, which will be a battle and the weather forecast could make it very soggy as well.

I see they have locked their thread about their fans behaviour last week on their forum.

I like the closing comment: "The quote of the afternoon goes to one of the more academically challenged of the Totton clientele for his cry "how much are Andover PAYING you, ref"."

Hmmmm, yes all clubs have one !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Stag Whippet

Ha Ha, we have all thought that once or twice though haven't we. Poor old refs will never be appreciated or liked will they?!?!

SW, do you think your squad is big enough, I have no idea how big or strong your squad is, but with the concentration of games it is going to be stretched I would imagine. I would sya ours is strong enough for our remaining games (assuming no major loss of players) but after last season who knows what will happen over the next few months.......

Could be quite a game at your place eh?

I think the slightly mentally challanged chap missed the irony that Andover are completely potless !!

IMO, the squad is big enough but it is a big ask. To be realistic, I think that it could all be settled by the time you visit. You may be uncatchable and we should have enough to have secured second by then !!

I guess the next couple of games could possibly (hopefully in my case) build up enough of a lead to make it too much, but its a funny old game and anything could happen. the lottery of the play offs, just makes me shudder plus I am pretty sure no team that has finished second has gone up via the playoffs from our division, just a cheery thought for both sets of supporters!!

from the Frome forum

Windsor away at andover is in doubt so it'd be helpfull if the same was true at your place! Wouldnt mind totton having to go to yours on a thursday night!

getting worried Woody !!!!!!!!

Well, four other games postponed so far today, only Bridgwater included from the leaders.

I agree it's starting to look as though no one will get ahead of Totton... although I'm still hoping your games in hand convert to (say) only 7 points, just to keep us with a bit of a cushion :) Given your home record, if it does come to playoffs you certainly want to lock second place!

Finished 1-1.

So a point for each team under current FA rules........Not sure these new curtains go with the wallpaper...but feck it, i hate decorating.

That ski cross is mad isn,t it?

Eastenders was fecking sh!te last week...Surely everyone knew it was the mad girl what killed that fella....could see it a mile off.

Fecking cats puked again.....must be allergic to that cat food thats on offer down Lidels........

Edited by SiD's PiPe

??? LOL WUT ???

on the same note, I've never heard such a unified chant of "You're getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning" as that which Stoke just directed at Mancini/Manciti... always good to see the newly rich get richly spanked.

Veering back to topic, Totton's hold on second place looks pretty solid but they've got at least two league games every week bar one from now through April. so their run-in looks tough (especially the fortnight around Easter, when they face in quick succession Cirencester, Paulton, VT FC, Gosport and of course us). Our points on the board are looking even stronger by comparison.