Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southill Alexanders Groundshare....

NeutralFan

Sjj2112 - Surely you don't feel that I can be so purposely misleading

Sjj2112 - Surely you don't feel that I can be so purposely misleading

Put it this way, you are the only person on the planet who could describe the eyesore that is the Viking Sports Ground as a "hidden gem"

Sjj2112 - The extract below is from some recent programme notes when Tokyngton Manor played Cranfield United and I stand by every single word, in what way do you feel the ground is an eyesore:

As always Tokyngton Manor would like to welcome spectators and any so called ‘groundhoppers’ to the Viking Sports Ground this evening and hope you will enjoy your time in our company at a ground which is widely known as ‘the hidden gem’, presumably so called due to it’s ‘oasis like’ or ‘Garden of Eden’ similarity tucked away off the busy Western Avenue.

To get back to the original article surely all at Southill Alexander must be congratulated on a excellent first season and avoiding relegation to a step 8 division must be seen as a marvellous acheivement, all those involved at the Carlsberg Stadium have certainly proved the doubters wrong. For a team with a limited budget a mid place finish in the Step 7 [seven] Bedfordshire League is nothing short of a miracle.

To get back to the original article surely all at Southill Alexander must be congratulated on a excellent first season and avoiding relegation to a step 8 division must be seen as a marvellous acheivement, all those involved at the Carlsberg Stadium have certainly proved the doubters wrong. For a team with a limited budget a mid place finish in the Step 7 [seven] Bedfordshire League is nothing short of a miracle.

sooner a mid table finish at the Carlsberg, playing step 7, than being associated with that sh1thole Basildon at step 5.........hi Richard getwell.gif

yes the carlsberg is a magnificent stadium, great to see you coming to the defence of Southill again, how the times change, this time last year i do believe you were rather critical of the southill project, also certain individuals involved at southill were warning me about you, got to laugh havent you.

p.s. thanks for the offer of helping us out at Basildon concerning the goalkeeping situation but im sure we can get by, no sour grapes i hope and thanks again for the offer.

Edited by Basil-Don

Basil-Don - To be fair I think Southill Alexander naively mis-calculated what the Bedfordshire League Premier Division would be like and the Club's hierarchy didn't do their homework, pre-season went well against teams like Cheshunt, London Colney, Halstead Town and Basildon United who play decent football and the Club were confident that everything in the garden would be rosy and they would take the Division by storm however it didn't work out that way.

Many thanks for the congrats Basil-Don, although I do think it is rather meant Tongue-in-cheek. We have underachieved, but fortunately we've learned from our mistakes & put in a good run that has seen us win 5 in 5 !

How did Basildon do at the weekend ?

We have underachieved

Steve - Surely this must be the biggest understatement of all time

We have underachieved

This is one of my favourite understatments! -

In September 1945-after the UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER OF JAPAN AND DESTRUCTION OF TWO OF JAPAN'S CITIES -Emperor Hirohito made a broadcast to his people and said "THE WAR HAS DEVELOPED NOT NECESSARILY TO JAPAN'S ADVANTAGE"

We have underachieved

Interesting you feel qualified to comment Cliffy. How are Tokyngton doing? What have you done to get them to 5th from the bottom of your league.

Oh right, you got the tin tack didn't you. Nuff said :smashfreakb:

This is one of my favourite understatments! -

In September 1945-after the UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER OF JAPAN AND DESTRUCTION OF TWO OF JAPAN'S CITIES -Emperor Hirohito made a broadcast to his people and said "THE WAR HAS DEVELOPED NOT NECESSARILY TO JAPAN'S ADVANTAGE"

One of mine Horace

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." (Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943)

Shame Rhodes managed to get hold of one of them.

Horace - There is no comparison between this understatement and Steve's, Steve wins hands down

Horace - There is no comparison between this understatement and Steve's, Steve wins hands down

Now i know you've got a screw loose!

Horace - Not at all, it's a no brainer as there was talk of Southill Alexander getting maximum points at the start of the season and sweeping all before them

Horace - Not at all, it's a no brainer as there was talk of Southill Alexander getting maximum points at the start of the season and sweeping all before them

Only from you dopey ballacks.

No reply from you on Tik Tok and its supreme success in the mighty div 1 SSML yet?

Cliff, sorry I don't understand your obsession with trying to belittle us. Even though we were confident, we never came on hereof any other forum shouting out our chances. We expected to be up there & out very poor start meant we weren't, however as I stated earlier we learnt from our mistakes & are now on a decent run of form. Surely the biggest lesson of life is learning from mistakes, we have, how about you ?

I await your response.

Surely the biggest lesson of life is learning from mistakes, we have, how about you ?

I await your response.

What mistakes are you referring to exactly.

I've never belittled Southill Alexander as a Club, why would I, but I just think Loosely's attitude has been all wrong from day one and what he knows about football and running a Club can be witten on the head of a pin

Well he hasn't done bad job so far, finally getting a good group of players who want to play for the club & being at the hub of things & attending every match. I've seen Loose mucking in doing the pa job, printing programmes, washing the kits & cleaning the changing rooms. He doesn't ask for a pat on the back he just does it. Has your remit at all of your previous clubs involved such tasks other than pressing the flesh ?

Your mistakes, where do you want me to start. Haringay - sacked, Kentish Town - sacked, Tik-Tok sacked, Homelife - sacked ! There is a pattern, alot of mistakes, not much learning !

Edited by syd_lexic