Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southill Alexanders Groundshare....

NeutralFan

Surely the biggest lesson of life is learning from mistakes, we have, how about you ?

I await your response.

What mistakes are you referring to exactly.

I've never belittled Southill Alexander as a Club, why would I, but I just think Loosely's attitude has been all wrong from day one and what he knows about football and running a Club can be witten on the head of a pin

How about this?

Horace, whatever I don't know about running a club - which is a huge amount - I know that I can always come here and ask Cliffy.

Your mistakes, where do you want me to start. Haringay - sacked, Kentish Town - sacked, Tik-Tok sacked, Homelife - sacked ! There is a pattern, alot of mistakes, not much learning !

Steve - I haven't been sacked by Tokyngton Manor, well not yet anyway and I told you about my homelife in confidence. My criticism of Southill Alexander has never been directed at you and I thought we were still mates, you and Tony Armitage naively took the reins of the Club following your short beleaguered spell at Buntingford together and should have seen the writing on the wall and run a mile as Tony later did. I think Loosely wanted to pull the plug on the whole operation when Uncle Urchin wisely reneged on bankrolling the Club but he was too proud to hold his hands up and do so.

So Cliffy, I need to ask your advice on running a football club. We find ourselves needing a few quid for the Chairmans Benevolent Fund and would the best way to raise some funds be to set fire to some non existent goods in an empty store cupboard? I understand you may have some experience of fund raising initiatives of this type, allegedly of course.

Your mistakes, where do you want me to start. Haringay - sacked, Kentish Town - sacked, Tik-Tok sacked, Homelife - sacked ! There is a pattern, alot of mistakes, not much learning !

I told you about my homelife in confidence.

dont worry Rhodes.................Danepak told all and sundry, anyway coffee%20(2).gif

So Cliffy, would the best way to raise some funds be to set fire to some non existent goods in an empty store cupboard? I

oh,they did exist.....but shouldnt have! cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif

Allegedly smilewinkgrin.gif

Edited by C.A.A.

dont worry Rhodes.................Danepak told all and sundry, anyway coffee%20(2).gif

When you messaged her on Facebook you mean pretending to be a good samaritan

It's not really my style to do a runner, when it gets tough. I prefer sticking about & seeing if I can help turn things around & to a certain extent we have done. Why was it that UU wisely reneged on bankrolling the club. He was never going to bankroll the club only help source the sponsorship, either way he failed & has sailed off into the sunset under camoflage. It's also not wise to promise friends employment so they move to the other end of the country to take a post, only to find that the post never existed in the first place. There has Been alot of rubbish talked & written about our club & only a few people know the true story & explaining all on here is not the best place to do it. The club as a whole is a whole lot stronger & more independent after going through this process.

It's not really my style to do a runner, when it gets tough.

I could mention Buntingford but I won't and out of loyalty Tony followed you out of the door when I felt that he could have possibly stayed and given it a crack on his own, it was a backward step for him going to Southill Alexander and the nonsense he had to put up with

Congratulations to Southill Alexander on their 6-0 win against Westoning yesterday, no doubt they will be all over the Non League Today Website like a rash tomorrow or Tuesday

Congratulations to Southill Alexander on their 6-0 win against Westoning yesterday, no doubt they will be all over the Non League Today Website like a rash tomorrow or Tuesday

I for one are proud of how Southill Alexander has come this season. Being our very 1st season. Steve has a much better squad than at the beginning and it has showed on the field recently. Gordon, Sal and Steve have put in a lot of hours to get everything going and on match days as well. If people want to slag them off, then they have no real respect for anyone at all.

I see that Southill Alexander are 'plying their trade' this evening against fourth place Oakley Sports which will be an interesting game

I see that Southill Alexander are 'plying their trade' this evening against fourth place Oakley Sports which will be an interesting game

Rhodes Southill lost 1-0 but they are on good form and almost assured of a mid table finish. Are your side entered into the Vase next season Rhodes? my team are, do you have any particular preference as to who you would like to play? for example is there any particular team you would like to be drawn against? does anyone know if theres ever been a situation where a team has withdrawn from a Vase match simply because they were not prepared to travel to their opponents?

Rhodes Southill lost 1-0

Basil Don - To use a quote from a famous ex tennis player you cannot be serious, it seems to always be one step forward two steps back for the beleaguered Club doesn't it

It's a funny old game. Worrying about FA Vase matches? Let's get this season done and dusted, more than a few have struggled to even complete league matches let alone consider themselves reliable enough to enter an FA competition surely. What we all need to do is ensure that our clubs are sustainable and managed properly first, then people can decide who they are worthy of playing.

Nice to see you out and about Richard.

Edited by loose

excellent points loose and well made, all clubs need to be sustainable, in this present financial climate we must all shop around and make sure we get the best possible deals on everything from kit suppliers to stadium hire, i guess your experience in business gives you a head start on such matters and you would never fall victim of a scam or conman im afraid not all non league clubs are in such a fortunate position.

No, believe me Richard, even people with experience can make the mistake of believing someone is genuine. There are all sorts of psychos and bullsh1t merchants out there. In any case mistakes at this level aren't insummountable, it must just be a question of refusing to make the same ones over and over again. Bit like a relationship isn't it?

In any case I expect you can rely on all of your massive experience to sort your troubles out by next year, look forward to seeing you if we should get so lucky. Theres always the East Anglian? :getwell:

No, believe me Richard, even people with experience can make the mistake of believing someone is genuine. There are all sorts of psychos and bullsh1t merchants out there. In any case mistakes at this level aren't insummountable, it must just be a question of refusing to make the same ones over and over again. Bit like a relationship isn't it?

In any case I expect you can rely on all of your massive experience to sort your troubles out by next year, look forward to seeing you if we should get so lucky. Theres always the East Anglian? :getwell:

thanks loose for the kind words and yes it would indeed be a joy to meet up next season. a bit confused with the 'getting out and about' and 'get well soon' references?? you seem to be under the impression that im a person whos ill and lies around all day, crossed wires i think there loose, you dont mind if i call you loose do you? its just that i always thought it was seen as 'bad form' on forums to refer to people by their real name. By the way my club doesnt enter the East Anglian Cup as its never played old chap sorry i thought everyone in non league knew that. couldnt agree more about the 'psychos' and 'bulls!tters' remark, i guess some people could say that your involvement with such people shows a lack of judgement on your behalf, nonsense!! that fact that people let you down is their responsibility and no one elses. P.S. not quite sure if the word 'psychos' is one to be bandied about if you or someone in your family suffered from a mental illness i think you might object to that term, anyway see you next season perhaps .

Richard, I've never had a problem with calling someone by their real name. It just gets so confusing when you've had SO many accounts on here.

No, no crossed wires although I feel you've either been fed a line or two and taken it hook line and sinker but "psychos" is just a generalisation, it could cover allsorts, from bunny boilers to women beaters, anyone who can't take a chill pill.

Never know about the East Anglian you know! There might be that elusive year come along when scores on the field get settled.

Stay well my old fruit. :cheesy (2):

Richard, I've never had a problem with calling someone by their real name. It just gets so confusing when you've had SO many accounts on here.

No, no crossed wires although I feel you've either been fed a line or two and taken it hook line and sinker but "psychos" is just a generalisation, it could cover allsorts, from bunny boilers to women beaters, anyone who can't take a chill pill.

Never know about the East Anglian you know! There might be that elusive year come along when scores on the field get settled.

Stay well my old fruit. :cheesy (2):

and you stay well loose, rather cryptic that last post i thought but good to see the same old references being made, women beaters are of course scum of the earth and everyone of them is a coward i guess thats why i could never beat a woman as im not a coward and i dare say neither are you,anyway it really would be nice to meet up next season its such a shame that you werent able to take me up on any of my numerous inviations to meet last season never mind old chap have a good summer bye.