Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bridgwater 2 Windsor 1

HumptyWFC2011

Thought we lined up very negatively today. Very defensive and one up front. We just didn't seem to get started. Yes the pitch was hard and it was windy but both teams had to deal with the same conditions. Their first goal was headed in from a corner and to be fair was a good goal. Their second was scored with our defence just seemed to be standing still. Chenns scored our goal with a chip over the keeper. The keeper did get his hands to it but it was just too powerful. At the end of the game most of the players walked off without clapping the small amount of travelling fans who had made the effort to go which did not go down very well. First loss of the season so we really cannot complain really. 32 games unbeaten. Amazing. Just need to get back to winning ways next game.

UTR

Thought we lined up very negatively today. Very defensive and one up front. We just didn't seem to get started. Yes the pitch was hard and it was windy but both teams had to deal with the same conditions. Their first goal was headed in from a corner and to be fair was a good goal. Their second was scored with our defence just seemed to be standing still. Chenns scored our goal with a chip over the keeper. The keeper did get his hands to it but it was just too powerful. At the end of the game most of the players walked off without clapping the small amount of travelling fans who had made the effort to go which did not go down very well. First loss of the season so we really cannot complain really. 32 games unbeaten. Amazing. Just need to get back to winning ways next game.

UTR

Sounds as though the players knew they could/should have done better. unusual too for us to have a 4-5-1, we know Chennels isn't at his best alone up front as we tried that too often before and it doesn't work. Maybe we have more injuries? (or Gavin got called away... hope not).

Shame to lose the unbeaten record... and Cirencester, VT FC and Totton still to face. On the other hand it might make it easier for us in a way as expectations will be be less. Still clear even if Totton win all games in hand, so it's in our hands... come on, you Royals!

futbolbud2.gif

I had no gripe with some players not coming over after the game, bottom line is they'd just lost first league game of the season, they were hurting like hell. To me it actually showed how hurt and down they were. I agree with Dan above it may help us now, as sides trying to be the first team to beat us is out of the way. It's now all about next week and how we react to that defeat. I think today may be what we needed, it will give us even more desire (if that's possible) for the run in. If you'd have said to me that the first defeat of the season would have been in mid-March I would have taken it every time. Congratulations to all for such a magnificent run.

I had no gripe with some players not coming over after the game, bottom line is they'd just lost first league game of the season, they were hurting like hell.

Exactly. Plus not many teams clap the fans like ours do anyway! Most sides just slink off as quick as possible.

First half was the most lackluster performance from us for quite some time. It was played at Pre-season pace and we just seemed to be waiting for the game to spark into life. Second half wasnt a classic either but we battled hard on a bobbly pitch. Ref and lino's were shocking but for both sides! We got some free kicks for nothing as did Bridgwater.

In an odd way our losing today has put more pressure on totton this week. IF they dont get 6 points i'll be happy with the week's results!

Would you believe it! We lose our unbeaten record on the same day that Durham who hadn't got a point all season beat fc united of manchester 2-1! Well done to them!

Would you believe it! We lose our unbeaten record on the same day that Durham who hadn't got a point all season beat fc united of manchester 2-1! Well done to them!

Match highlights. Could you imagine the state of the Durham fans by the time they got home!? And what a wonder strike for their first!

I had no gripe with some players not coming over after the game, bottom line is they'd just lost first league game of the season, they were hurting like hell. To me it actually showed how hurt and down they were. I agree with Dan above it may help us now, as sides trying to be the first team to beat us is out of the way. It's now all about next week and how we react to that defeat. I think today may be what we needed, it will give us even more desire (if that's possible) for the run in. If you'd have said to me that the first defeat of the season would have been in mid-March I would have taken it every time. Congratulations to all for such a magnificent run.

Some fans went out of their way to watch Windsor at Bridgwater whether is was an 2 hour drive or a journey on the train. That's a lot of Journey for an hour and a half's game. We were disappointed we lost but we still stood behind the goal at the end of the game and clapped our team off. So for them not to clap the supporters who came along to support them was going to be mentioned. Some teams my not acknowledge there supporters after every game but this is something we have come accustom too so for it not to happen course it was going to get pointed out.

That said It is still an amazing run and we are still in a good position just got to keep winning and that title will be ours.

Some fans went out of their way to watch Windsor at Bridgwater whether is was an 2 hour drive or a journey on the train. That's a lot of Journey for an hour and a half's game. We were disappointed we lost but we still stood behind the goal at the end of the game and clapped our team off. So for them not to clap the supporters who came along to support them was going to be mentioned. Some teams my not acknowledge there supporters after every game but this is something we have come accustom too so for it not to happen course it was going to get pointed out.

That said It is still an amazing run and we are still in a good position just got to keep winning and that title will be ours.

Totally agree with you Humpty. Whether the team have won or lost it shows appreciation for the supporters who have made the effort.

In fact, even more important if the players are clapped off after a defeat.

Yeah next time perhaps they can stop and have a chat with us when most of them were getting stick from the vocal bridgwater fans at the end most the players were at!?

It's not like every player walked off without saying thanks, dont need to in my view anyway but thats beside the point, as butts and a few others did. Perhaps the dedworth dog climbing the fence put them off!?!?!

:smilie_flagguk:

Yeah next time perhaps they can stop and have a chat with us when most of them were getting stick from the vocal bridgwater fans at the end most the players were at!?

It's not like every player walked off without saying thanks, dont need to in my view anyway but thats beside the point, as butts and a few others did. Perhaps the dedworth dog climbing the fence put them off!?!?!

:smilie_flagguk:

Woody, it takes no effort to turn to your fans, raise your hands and clap. Obviously far too much effort for some of your players.

As I said, especially if the fans are clapping the players off after a defeat.

I think people are making something out of nothing here. When the final whistle blew I'm pretty sure the ball and most of the players were down the other end of the pitch near the changing rooms (the changing rooms are behind the goal at Bridgwater).

Some of the players turned and walked straight towards the changing room, others were sat on the floor with their heads in their hands etc. After a few seconds Rico turned and acknowledge the supporters followed by the rest of the players who were still out there. In the end I would say it was about half and half.

We're lucky at Windsor we do have a squad of players who all acknowledge the supporters at the end of games. This is not the norm and in my experience happens hardly anywhere else; certainly not on the scale it does at Windsor.

Spare a thought for people who travel abroad to watch England, sometimes people spend hundreds even thousands of pounds to get to a game only to be ignored at the end of the game by a bunch of players who earn over 100k a week in most cases…..now that’s out of order!

"Kid's gloves..but made out of real kids"

RR- I highly doubt you was at the game so are clearly just on a wind up

Humpty sees things his way, everyone else sees it another .Fair enough. End of that debate!!

:signthankspin:

Shall we move on to the change of formation?!

"Kid's gloves..but made out of real kids"

RR- I highly doubt you was at the game so are clearly just on a wind up

Humpty sees things his way, everyone else sees it another .Fair enough. End of that debate!!

:signthankspin:

Shall we move on to the change of formation?!

"I'm certainly hearing both sides. In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

Must admit the formation in the 1st half was somewhat baffling, although to be fair we did have the wind against us so maybe the plan was to soak up the pressure and then exploit their tiredness in the 2nd half.

I don't aactually think its important after every away game as it can be a bit meaningless and not spontaneous as it should be. Im sure all windsor fans know that the players appreciate the support it goes without saying.

As this question was raised by one of your supporters, obviously not.

What are you finding difficult to understand RR if you went to every windsor fan and asked the question do you think the players appreciate your support, im pretty sure the answer would be yes every time,we are talking about degrees here and it is pretty clear you are on a wind up and havent got much going on in your forum at the moement.

Maybe an important point of discussion for you would be whether you are going to hold on to that fifth play off place or are sutton c going to beat you to it.

Edited by windsorian

there are things that I care about, things that matter, and even in the non-league football sphere there are important issues.

Hmm: do all the team applaud the fans at a fairly distant away match, following a tough game with the loss of the unbeaten record of the country... not one of those top issues. Nice to have, maybe, but I think if it's the team's first loss for 4 months then I can understand some downbeat reaction.

In fact I think the team will feel this loss more than we do, especially now Totton have restored the points difference. Over 100 is nice, but over 100 and unbeaten is probably unique, especially in non-league. We (fans) want the promotion more than anything but I can sympathise with the team for regrets on this.