Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brett Angell

Quick question...these sorts of players i.e Angell must cost us a bomb if we were to sign them. He doesnt even live down south, so he'd have big travel costs plus big pay demands surely given that he was in div.1 last yr. I dont know his transfer value status but surely isnt an Alan Tait a better bet value in terms of wages and sell on value than a 38y old Brett Angell ??

Quote:
Matt (GNFC) said:
Quick question...these sorts of players i.e Angell must cost us a bomb if we were to sign them. He doesnt even live down south, so he'd have big travel costs plus big pay demands surely given that he was in div.1 last yr. I dont know his transfer value status but surely isnt an Alan Tait a better bet value in terms of wages and sell on value than a 38y old Brett Angell ??

They are completely different sorts of players Matt what we are looking for is a replacement for Liam, ie a big player who will get amoungst the defenders and unsettle them. Tait is not that sort of player, and as siad before will require a fee which rather negates the lower wages.

BTW Angell is currently 34!

I say thank God the Angell is not coming. What a waste of money that would have been. We do not want any over paid 'has beens' bleeding us dry.

There just has to be a better option than trawling through 20 year old copies of football monthly.

Keep the Fleet a donkey free zone !

Whats the score on James Bent ?

Quote:
Matt (GNFC) said:
Might as well give Wilko a go up front when he's back from injury. He's about 6ft 5 and 15 stone..should be a handfull. wink.gif

York City Currently use giant Jonny Parkin as either centre forward or central defence and it has woked!! He scares the proverbial out of opponents at either end of the pitch. You may have been joking but stranger things happen. tongue.gif confused.gif tongue.gif