Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Follow Hulls example

Patriot, I have no problem with what you have written, it's your opinion and if I was honest, I think the same can be said of others. I don't agree with everything that you have put down but as I said, it's your opinion and it isn't unreasonable.

What sticks in my craw is the following...

Please accept my apologise for expressing my opinion and I will now leave it to the real supporters to express theirs. I will continue to support the club like I have done since I moved to Billericay 7 years ago. Just thought I would have my say, looks like you just get shot down because I haven't done it before. Where I work non league is discussed every week with supporters of various clubs so thats how things like Statham paying players himself. My mate in work knows a couple of the former players and thats how that source of information came to light.

Kevin

When I first saw this, I read it as...

"blah, blah, blah....I have friends in the know...blah, blah, blah....I'm not playing now because you disagree with me....blah, blah, blah....(here go me toys)....blah, blah, blah....insult, real fans, blah, blah, blah"

Now, that may be considered as unfair but WTF....No one shot him down, as such but if he wants someone to, allow me....

Shot One:

I will now leave it to the real supporters to express theirs

Real supporters? Who do you mean Kevin? Are those 25 supporters that stood at Wealdstone any less "real" than those that cannot make a away game because of family or work commitments? How about those supporters that turn up to as many home games as they can...are they any less "real"? Do you wish me to continue or can you define a "real" supporter without examples (Multiple choice now being the only way some people can pass exams nowadays)....

Shot two:

Where I work non league is discussed every week with supporters of various clubs so thats how things like Statham paying players himself.

So these people that you work with and support other clubs have definitive information how your (our) club is run? And I bet they part with this information readily? Do you know how their clubs are run? I bet you don't and I bet that your "friends" and "work colleagues" know as much about Billericay Town FC as you do about their club. Still, it would be too much to suggest that they would be winding you up, eh? Or just stirring it? But still, you keep believing 'em mate....

Shot three:

My mate in work knows a couple of the former players and thats how that source of information came to light

There is a creed that is applied to all walks of life I will impart the one we have in my office amougnst those I smoke with. "What is said outside the office, stays outside office". Now I know that doesn't happen all the time, slips of tounge and all that but it usually hold true between people who are trustworthy, honest, with...and here is the "kicker"....with no axe to grind. I do know it doesn't quite apply in football but I would hope that for those players that I respect, they would apply it to the dressing room (but I have been told I am naive). It doesn't surprise me that some players are or were not happy with their lot this season...It may surprise you that there were players the season before last as well as last season that were not happy with the club...I don't blame 'em for that. In some cases, I'm sorry that they were unhappy because some of 'em I liked...at lot. But it is because they were unhappy that they are now "ex Billericay players" and if they have any axe to grind (which I am sure some do, after all, they are only human), I sincerely hope you're not their official "muck" spreader.

Shot four:

Please accept my apologise for expressing my opinion

The only thing you need to apologise for is that, reading between the lines, it wasn't really your opinion but the opinion of others.

Edited by GazzaBTFC

Just read what been said about my postings and that I am not a supporter? and am stating facts about things that I have got from others etc. I assure you that all I have stated is what I have heard, so you can just dismiss it should you choose to do so, all I am saying is what I have been told from one of the younger lads I work with @ Fords who knows a couple of the players who have played here. Gazza, you are right that I don't know what goes on @ say Hornchurch and Canvey but all I did was have my say. The real supporters bit came from because I have only posted once on the forum, doesn't seem to be valid enough to give an opinion? With regards to what the Town Crier said about not being a supporter I find that a little strange and he is reading into it is a little too much. Are you in the C.I.D? lol. I have attended a lot of home games since moving here in 2003, and seen some good games and some bad. Perehaps my afinity to players I have likened to made me want to come on here and have my say? I have just expressed MY opinion that the manager is not going to take the club forward. Can you honestly say we have progressed under his stewardship? I will not bother to post anymore as don't want to upset people when that wasn't my intention. I am hoping to be at the Cray game on 27th, but cannot make the away trip due to family commitments.

I stand by what I say newlodger, The climb down of what you first said, to what you now claim are tit bits of gossip you have heard, "Kevin, has done nothing to change my mind.

However, I will be at the club tonight, and if you are willing to come and see me to voice your concerns, I will answer all your questions honestly and openly I will also apologise to you personally, and post an apology on here.

????

I cannot get to the club tonight as already have plans. I may well take up your offer on the Cray game though? I also stand by what I have said and don't recall a climb down? Didn't intend to cause a riot, only voiced my opinion on the manager which will not change. Been shot at for saying what a lot of people talk about and the information came from ex players? We beg to differ in you think BS will do well, I don't. Only time will tell? See you on the 27th? Kevin.

For what its worth Bluelodger I think your orignal post was pretty fair. However the BTFC forum police i.e. Gazza decided to disect and then interpret it differently !!!

I did not see in your post any criticism of the people who run the club or those that volunteer to help and promote the club only making critical observations on the management of the team. We may not all agree with them but you cannot hide from the fact that this season has been poor by most people stands.

Before I get character assassinated, I have been a supporter for over 35 years who attended approx dozen or so games a season. True supporter well who knows...........

Thats the problem with this forum. Gazza has no need to moan about the team, he is to busy slaughtering everybody on here!!!

Personally I think that we have some good players at present. Nicholls and Walker are very good, its a shame that macca has gone, but I think our defence is pretty solid.

Its never going to happen but I would love to get Danny Kerrigan back. These past 2 years we've missed him. I think our midfield is combative with Pond and Shinn in the middle,

we have pace and flair out wide with Green and Wareham (Chatting should get more chances though). Unfortunately it lacks creativity and goals. Cleaver is a willing worker and looks

busy, Thomas looks a law to himself and the 2 times that I have seen him appears lazy and disinterested. Bricknell is the only goal scorer that we have on our books unless Marsh gets a go.

But Billy has had his share of injurys these past 2 seasons. I have not seen Marsh play tbh. Oh for Jo Flack!!!!!

I do like the players that we have in our squad, but there has not been a settled side all season, too many changes all at once IMO.

I hope that Brian manages to turn things around for the club, I think that he has bought in a lot of good players, but also released alot of good players, maybe he has been trying a bit too hard and

not allowed the team to gel.

And Gazza, I do appreciate what you do for the club, and Town Crier I think that you are a tremendous Chairman. But I thought that forums were set up for fans to express their views, I am sure that

there would be alot more postings on here if every posters head was not bitten off for every comment that is not agreed with.

I can understand supporters frustrations, anger, disappointment, afterall, this is now the 3rd season running where we have been pretty poor. Though, the players and the management do not go out on matchdays to lose, and they are equally just as disappointed and as frustrated as we are, not only them, but the chairman and everyone involved in the club feel this. We have a good brand name (as a club) and it was be good if we could take that name to a new/better level, but this can only happen if the supporters stay loyal, get behind the players, unlike Saturday where Danny Green got slated when he didn't deserve it, and not come for a few games, and then stop supporting the club just because they don't perform well, at the end of the day, that's part of football.

On the other hand, what doesn't help is that so many changes have been made this season from communication between players and supporters before/after games, to all the billericay players leaving/getting released, obviously many people are not too happy about this, but the supporters make the club, as Gazza puts in the programmes, we should get behind the team, and this is the supporters club!!

Im not saying i agree with what has happened this season, because on the playing side, it has been a really disappointing and frustrating season, but that doesn't stop me supporting the club, and the main point is, this is our club, instead of constantly moaning, maybe we should think about how lucky we are to actually have a club to support, unlike many supporters who have lost their clubs this season, and the key is, support our CLUB. Supporting the club, is different to supporting the team.

Harwood and Mustapha (more annoymous names and no faces)...Read my post again. If you think that making covert suggestions of supposed conversations with ex players (or friends of ex players) does this club a service then I question your reasoning. Basing your opinions on these supposed converstations without even seeking enlightenment from the club and people that may put the other side of the story is crass, in my opinion (note that you and bluelodger HAVE had your say and the "sharing" of opinions isn't restricted to just yourselves). Thanks for your comments but for your information, when you say "everybody", that includes myself and the Chairman, not just those that wish to slag of the club.

Thats the problem with this forum. Gazza has no need to moan about the team, he is to busy slaughtering everybody on here

The problem with this forum is that people do moan about the team and not offer contructive criticism...But hey, looking around, that apparently is okay. As I said earlier "knock yourselves and the club, out". For your information, I have put some criticism of the players performances on this forum but I can't see where there was any constructive criticism on bluelodgers first post, can you? The manager is "arrogant"..would you consider that contructive?....followed by quite a bit of information about his performance at Heybridge? For someone who relies on information about Billericay Town FC from his friends, he has quite a bit of insight into how Heybridge performed under BS?

I see Joe Flack is mentioned. I like Joe, I get on well with his father...and I think both of them are top people but if memory serves, he wanted to leave last season and also during the close season (and was almost on his way). What some of you fail to notice that there has been a fair amount of players that you refer to, didn't want to play for the club. I'm not praising Brian up in any way but don't you think that some of those players were a little too much in their comfort zone and having a new manager shook 'em up, which perhaps they didn't like? Hey, I fully appreciate that there are two sides and that perhaps wouldn't be the case for every player. I am (and do you want me to put this in caps?) only expressing an opinion. One other thing bluelodger...the Flacks are very honourable people. They may have said something to me but either a) it wasn't of any concequence or B) it stays between friends and isn't for publication not matter how "covert" (it's the former guys but the latter applies as well). As it happens, Joe looks as if he is being kept out of the Hornchurch starting 11 by none other Rikki Burbridge (another player that people look on favourably and a nice chap...).

I personally agree with Ryan. It'll make a change if some of you "moaners" got behind the players.

People think that running a football club is easy...perhaps they should have a go.

Edited by GazzaBTFC

LOOK! :wtf: has anyone found my bone yet?

no...but....My mate heard a rumor that its well know in non league circles that Hartley and his mates are often seen trotting along Camden Passage with a rather large bone.

but...a bloke I met in a pub who has mate who works at Battersea Dogs home reckons it a well known fact that Hartley buys his own bones.

I hope you find it quck Wolf coz its boring me as well now.

isnt it pleasant weather today, I'm glad to see the back of the :rain: and look forward to the warmer :chloenurse: weather

Edited by The Town Crier

Been following this thread and the way it has gone etc etc...Personally, i believe everyone is most definately entitled to their own opinion - Afterall if no-one had an opinion about anything then we sure would live a boring life eh :)

However, my opinion for what it is worth is simply "patience"

And seeing as this thread is titled "follow Hulls example" - I wonder how many Hull fans are enamoured with Mr Dowie this morning :)

Come on The Town....Lets show some patience now and (i believe) it will fall into place. But like i said....Everyone is most certainly entitled to an opinion and it is a good read when differning opinions are voiced.

Everyone is most certainly entitled to an opinion and it is a good read when differning opinions are voiced.

Which has happened (although some may disagree because a different opinion has been voiced).

And patience, Keith? A commendable virtue, one which is shown by very few football supporters (but I do agree with you).

Patience, now that is a quality which I honestly dont possess as anyone who knows me will confirm!! If I was chairman I would have shown Brian the door at Christmas! Some would have been very happy about that, others maybe not, but who knows where we would have been at this stage if changes had been made.............

However we are where we are and if the lads keep up current effort levels then we may end up in a little more impressive league position.

I am on the patience side. I have written before that I don't think we should axe BS. He needs another season. No manager should be sacked in their first season. We might have had a miserable season, and it has been so frustrating watching most of the home games, but we are pulling out of the bottom 4 and will probably finish our usual mid table...as I predicted we would at the beginning of the season.

However, I am hoping that when I renew my season ticket for next season, that I am going to be getting some more entrtainment at home. My patience will soon run out if we are fed the same fare next season. Our defence is solid (as evidenced by our GD), but as we all know its up front that remains the problem zone. Lets hope Simon hits form soon!

Hey ho, lets avoid relegation and bring on next season.

Is it that time again?

It must have been at least a month or two since the "I'm more of a supporter than you" debate came up.

I actually think its nice to see new names (who cares if we don't know who they are - they're supporters of the club) come up with views on what's happening at the club.

With regard the original post, the current situation leads to this kind of debate.

We probably (IMO) won't go down, but are also unlikely to be in the play-offs.

We twice outperformed the runaway league leaders but then lost at home to the then-bottom placed club in a drab game.

This up-and-down season means that some with glasses half full will be wanting to give the manager time, and those with half empty will want him out.

I have said all season that the potential under Statham is definitely there.

His player purchasing has been excellent throughout, but the loss of players such as Flack, Dormer and Macca is a tad concerning.

Having said that, if they don't want to play for him for whatever reason, then it is right to farm them out.

Let's be realstic - its not as if any of the players we've let go have gone anywhere decent, is it?

I would be disappointed if Statham was let go and have seen enough this season to believe that, should he be able to replace Jo Flack, he can create a side capable of promotion next season.

And as Ryan posted previously, last season was dire.

This season is mediocre - a stark improvement in my half-full world!

[is it that time again?

It must have been at least a month or two since the "I'm more of a supporter than you" debate came up.

/quote]

Not at all...I just wanted to know what the difinition of a "real" supporter was Barry...because, there are many of us with different attitudes, commitments and ideas. The net is wide... The suggestion was that a "real" supporter of the club would agree with with the sentiment posted at the top of this thread (and if I am wrong, then I apologise).

As for the rest of your post Barry...One of those rare occasions when I agree with you.

:bartshocked:

Edited by GazzaBTFC