Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Follow Hulls example

His player purchasing has been excellent throughout....

I'm sorry to join in on this one - but no it hasn't! Since he came he has brought in some good, some OK and some real dross - witness the need to change the team at least 3 times over. I'm not trying to come down on one side of the fence or the other - but for me that statement simply isn't true.

Can't say I'm a great fan of changing manager mid-season - just as likely to have a negative impact as a positive one over the remainder of the season, and at this level the "building for next season" argument doesn't really hold water with so few players being offered long-term contracts.

That said, we have changed manager during the season twice in recent years, so Brian can consider himself somewhat fortunate not to have suffered the same fate. I hope he makes the most of his let-off...

His player purchasing has been excellent throughout....

I'm sorry to join in on this one - but no it hasn't! Since he came he has brought in some good, some OK and some real dross - witness the need to change the team at least 3 times over. I'm not trying to come down on one side of the fence or the other - but for me that statement simply isn't true.

And for me it is!

There is not one player he has signed that doesn't look like a good signing on paper.

Granted, some haven't worked out as they haven't fitted in, for whatever reason, but I really am scratching my head to think of more than 1 player who could be considered dross.

Fancy naming names for me!!?

I could, but I won't as I suspect that could turn this into a bun fight and I don't think that will do any of us any good. My general opinion is that the "1st" squad that was built had quite a large amount of dross in it - and has left us in the position we are as a result.

It's more than likely that your opinion of dross is not the same as mine - I am not one for patience - so this hasn't been a good season for me. Perhaps dross is too strong. We could go with poor? But, what I will say is that the majority of dross has gone from the squad, but some does remain (and was recently added - in my opinion).

I agree with Barry, a lot of his signings at least looked good on paper. Wild is my player of the season for starters.

Pondinio must be in the running for player of the season(imo)applaus.gif

Is he BS best signing????????????? wtf.gif

Edited by stormin norman

I agree with Barry, a lot of his signings at least looked good on paper. Wild is my player of the season for starters.

Pondinio must be in the running for player of the season(imo)applaus.gif

Is he BS best signing????????????? wtf.gif

I actually think that Wiles was his best signing.

A desperate disappointment that he got such a severe injury so early on.

Is he still with the club and ever likely to recover his career, does anyone know?