Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays Match v Gills

Watched my first and possibly only friendly today, before the season starts. And it was almost like my first visit to the ground four years ago, I hardly knew any of our players. Thank you Jessica for pointing out some of the new arrivals, but I must be honest, I was a little over-awed as there were just to many names/faces to take in. This will of course be rectified once the season gets under way and the full squad and numbers are known.

No extravagant comments on the game today. Huggins and Evans look keen and hopefully will form a lethal strike force. Kwashi looked knackered after 20 minutes and Duku looked reluctant to commit himself to any tackles. Still, two weeks from now the season will of started and we can all go through it again. Great!

I couldn't get the match today. According to Radio Kent, it wasn't exactly a great game but they weren't that critical of us. In the after-match interview, Andy said he was fairly pleased with the all-round performance except, of course, for letting in 5 goals(!) but did say that it was a bit of a 'test-out' side again so wasn't too concerned with the scoreline. That chappy who scored, Leroy someone-or-the-other, was getting rave revues. Any info on him? Hopefully, we'll see something like the proper starting eleven emerge at the Canvey friendly.

Hes from Fisher - played against us in our Kent Senior Cup match with them a couple of seasons ago and was a real handful then. He looked quite sharp today and that 30 yard effort with the score at 1-1 was almost a really spectacular start to the season - and it was good to see that he was actually annoyed with himself afterwards, for not getting it on target.