Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Updates from Carshalton

Cookie

Well done the GATE.I have to admit I did lose faith for the first time in many years but now it seems the team are as one and we can get out of the drop zone,keep this team for next season and move on .Well done the GATE and another WIN on Saturday PLEASE.

7 (SEVEN) games unbeaten, anyone know when the last time we did that was?

Towards the end of the 2006/07 season.

I think the last time we beat that was near the start of 2005/06 where I think we went 9 league games unbeaten and 12 unbeaten in all comps. Having said that, we also went 12 league games unbeaten over those two seasons 6 at the end of 05/06 and 6 at the start of 07/08, starting with Kinnears last game in charge.

Obviously I may have made a mistake in these but assume someone might have more accurate records if I am wrong.........................

7 (SEVEN) games unbeaten, anyone know when the last time we did that was?

Towards the end of the 2006/07 season.

I think the last time we beat that was near the start of 2005/06 where I think we went 9 league games unbeaten and 12 unbeaten in all comps. Having said that, we also went 12 league games unbeaten over those two seasons 6 at the end of 05/06 and 6 at the start of 07/08, starting with Kinnears last game in charge.

Obviously I may have made a mistake in these but assume someone might have more accurate records if I am wrong.........................

First time out of the bottom 4 since dropping there on 23rd January (after drawing at Horsham). Thank God (& I.O'C) for that !!!

For those of you waiting for an update I will just put on a few words as I'm not too good at this, and I'm sure someone will add their bits later. There was a late inspection and some water was cleared I believe as it was touch and go. As it kicked off there was a little standing watter in the goal area but not much. It was a very windy blustery night and it was hard to see which way the wind was blowing or which way was te best to kick. It was a good battling performance by the team with both teams having periods of superior posession. We rode our luck a few times but so did carshalton. Jay hit the post with a cracking volley from the edge of the area, which would have made it 2 - 0 , and they then went up the other end and scored the equaliser. I thought we had the most possession in the first half . The second half they came out really fired up and thought we would concede early on but we wethered the storm and came back into it. They then rallied again and we soaked up the pressure with Turner making a couple of good saves. We also had the ball cleared off the line after one attack. It was getting so desperate that I thought I would go to the loo hoping they would score and Hey Presto! Margate scored the second. I think it was a tap in by Jay. We had most of the play after that and had a couple of chances to increase the lead. Then the ref went and got himself knocked out and it looked pretty serious for several minutes, however he managed to pull himself together and I think we managed to convince him that we were 6 - 0 up after he came round again!!!! A good battling win tonight. Not the prettiest of football in tough conditions , similar to the match at Hartsdown. One last thing, the Margate supporters were brilliant again tonight. I think everyone in the Margate end was singing at one time. The light really is at the end of the tunnel now.