Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keeping it *really* interesting...

dansilk

Well, update from Micky, Totton lost 1-3 at home to VT FC (who we still need to face at home...)

So they're on 81 points to our 85, GD +50 to our +57. Both teams have 7 games left, 21 points on the table including our trip there. Nailbiting, but still all in our hands.

Though I'd be more confident if only Bully wasn't out until next season.

It's amazing that in the space of 3 weeks Totton will have played 7 more games than us. They have done incredibly well to keep close to us - maybe today was a game too far? And next week they've got 2 more tough away games, followed by us.

Have to say they have done better than I expected in that tough schedule but I've always felt the games would catch up with them in the end.

We're fairly fortunate to be facing Totton at the end of that manic schedule, and I guess same will apply when we finally play VTFC.

Oh well, probably a few more twists and turns to come, but that really was a great result for us today.

We have far bigger issues than AFC f!!king Totton! :cheesy (2):

Totton can potentially finish on 102 points.

VT FC could reach 94 (although they'd have to win all 11 games over the next 3 weeks).

Bridgwater can reach 92, if they win their remaining 8.

No one else can even reach our score now. So what is more important to WEFC than staying ahead of Totton, so much more important that you're ROFL?

[Gavin, who has my huge sympathy, obviously has far more vital issues but I doubt you would use that particular icon, similarly for Rob's case... and you do say "We".]

Page 3 of the observer Dan! I suggest you buy a copy!

Got it, hadn't read it. But indeed this does make interesting reading.

A budget of £10K/month equates to 16 players averaging £400/month for £6400 (ignoring odd days for now), so that's £3600 for all other bills including officials & costs... doesn't seem hugely excessive but it's nice to have a ballpark. £7.5K/month really doesn't leave a lot to spare.

Now, what *don't* they say... ;)

Edited by dansilk

I can confirm we have big financial problems at the moment and thats straight from the chairmans mouth! I'm also led to believe that Bedfont Green are behind with rent for the ground!

Dan i am led to believe its 10k on JUST wages. It maybe wrong. Would be interesting to hold a meeting with the chairman to get his side of things as at the end of the day it's his side of things that count.

Dan i am led to believe its 10k on JUST wages. It maybe wrong. Would be interesting to hold a meeting with the chairman to get his side of things as at the end of the day it's his side of things that count.

I agree with Woody i think the £10,000 is for wags alone but may include the coaching staff! Don't know about you guys but i would prefer to watch a financially sound slightly weaker team than a side clear at top but in financial trouble! I just want to look forward to watching Windsor next season in a reasonable state!

I agree with Woody i think the £10,000 is for wags alone but may include the coaching staff! Don't know about you guys but i would prefer to watch a financially sound slightly weaker team than a side clear at top but in financial trouble! I just want to look forward to watching Windsor next season in a reasonable state!

Sorry i meant wages not wags! Can't comment on the latter!

I can confirm we have big financial problems at the moment and thats straight from the chairmans mouth! I'm also led to believe that Bedfont Green are behind with rent for the ground!

Be VERY careful with accusations such as the one above which I know for a fact is totally false. I think you will find that the rent has been paid on time every quarter for the past two seasons and on more than one occasion even early when needed to make up your wagebill shortfall. Furthermore without our £15k per year, which presumably all goes on the playing budget and zero on pitch mainenance, and takings over the bar your club's financial problems would be even greater.

Not looking for gratitude, just a little respect which I think we deserve as reliable tenants.

Be VERY careful with accusations such as the one above which I know for a fact is totally false. I think you will find that the rent has been paid on time every quarter for the past two seasons and on more than one occasion even early when needed to make up your wagebill shortfall. Furthermore without our £15k per year, which presumably all goes on the playing budget and zero on pitch mainenance, and takings over the bar your club's financial problems would be even greater.

Not looking for gratitude, just a little respect which I think we deserve as reliable tenants.

If that is the case then i apologise Green Pea but someone very high up at Windsor needs to get their facts right then!

I think where possible we need to focus on the, 'on pitch' activity with regards to WEFC.

We have have had a spectacular season, todate and all the thing that have been put together by the supporters, supporters club in particular, players, staff et al has contributed to a memorable season for everybody.

IF, as the press says, there are 'problems' then those that are resposible for those matters need to sit down and talk.

I would say that in the final weeks of the season we need to hope that all the hard work can come together and re-focus the efforts.

The figures that have been quoted are of course a concern and should not be understated.

I sure all WEFC fans would hope that any problems, IF they do exist can be rationally sorted out.

Now lets get on with the show and hope for a game next Saturday...

Wow! We allocate our manager no more than £1600 a month at Ciren to pay our squad - we refuse to allocate more, in spite of his (frequent!) requests to increase it. He takes nowt out of that, though I understand he does pay some pennies out of that for his physio and other backroom staff.

Our groundshare team Gloucester pay us £6k a year, though we do pouch the food and bar take from their tenancy. So far, that has made us an additional £6k pa. Next season The Tigers have to go to Cheltenscum (cheers, FA, you muppets) so we will have to look again at our budget for 2010-11 this June.

Seems like London prices don't only apply to yr bar prices but (ouch!) elsewhere. Not at all critical but whew - potential pickle for youse. Me - I don't want that, I like youse and the way you are going for it.

Edited by cirenpylonsider

I can also confirm that BGFC do not owe WEFC a penny but who could blame them if they did, the ground is in a terrible state, the pitch is not fit for purpose and as for the lack of respect shown by some at Windsor dont even get me started !

I can also confirm that BGFC do not owe WEFC a penny but who could blame them if they did, the ground is in a terrible state, the pitch is not fit for purpose and as for the lack of respect shown by some at Windsor dont even get me started !

The pitch is woeful. If I was a paying tenant, I wouldn't expect to have to roll and fork the pitch, and I sure as hell wouldn't expect the number of games cancelled when nearly all of Windsors games were on. Bedfont Green have financed the promotion push and don't even get the bar or food takings, yet have to put up with a pitch you could grow carrots in!

The pitch is woeful. If I was a paying tenant, I wouldn't expect to have to roll and fork the pitch, and I sure as hell wouldn't expect the number of games cancelled when nearly all of Windsors games were on. Bedfont Green have financed the promotion push and don't even get the bar or food takings, yet have to put up with a pitch you could grow carrots in!