Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keeping it *really* interesting...

dansilk

I think Peter Simpson has upset the apple cart more than a few posts on a forum by going the press...

Unless the papers are lying but then they best have bloody decent lawyers if they have in anyway misqouted him! :smashfreakb:

All i will say is until the club is run in a semi-sensible way my days of forking the pitch and attending events are over.

I can't remember exactly what I said earlier as it seems my previous post on the subject has disappeared (shame!) but in reality, right at the moment, I don't give a flying wotsit who is to blame; however to reach a point where £35k of players staff wages and bonuses are unpaid (as was alleged in the paper this week, the context of the article infering that the source was Mr Simpson himself), sure as hell someone is to blame and it isn't any of the players or supporters.

Just an add on to my drunk posting last night...

This is why i want a statement from the club so we know whats true and what isnt. If Peter is telling people around the ground stuff and going to the press i can only assume he doesnt mind it being public.

Some people can have a short memory.

Not too long ago this football club was in dire straits, chairman left, no money - half of the "loyal players" left because the money wasn't there - in successive seasons we slipped from the Ryman Premier (which was then Conference south level) to Ryman 3rd division, pretty much out of top flight non league football.

A group of local businessmen stepped in and with a great deal of hard work and dedication managed to get the club back onto a level footing.

There is absolutely no doubt that without the likes of Peter Simpson this club would no longer exist.

I'm sure that this club will have problems, as do most other clubs in the country (from our level right through to the premiership)

But we have been happy to accept the way the club has been managed for the last 10 yrs or so - I think that we should allow them to get on with the running of the club and give them the support they deserve.

If it had not been for Peter the club would have gone under years ago and Im sure he would have given it all in seasons ago but did not want to leave the club without a chairman. Im sure following last seasons near miss in the playoffs, supporters would have been very annoyed had we slashed the budget to virtually nothing and had to rely on loan signings and local Sunday morning players.

In regards to the pitch unfortunatly for the club it was the old vice chair that pi**ed of the previous grounds staff which has led to a decline in the state of the pitch. Unfortunatly the club and still struggling from the consequences of said vice chairs actions and aspirations to be a club well above our means.

I agree with Mrs Cat and Doris, lets put this internal issue aside and sopport the club in what will hopefully be an enjoyable and successfull last 3 weeks of the season

Edited by windsorfc

I dont think Anyones doubting the work Peter has done since joining the club. The first time i went down the ground as a 8 year old i'll never forget! I'd only been to one ground before and that was Wembley so it was a bit of a shock to the system!

• 5 months later...

Is there an echo - I am sure I have heard this all before?

Slough were (somtimes) paying 25k a year - the pitch those seasons was pants too!

Our last two games yesterday and Tuesday at SYCOB were both on so I can understand the frustration of both BG and WEFC fans as to why so many games have been off.

Woody is right to raise the concerns about living beyond your means and to hold both the Chairman and Manager to account in the way the clubs (remember the fans are central to the club) money is spent.

I am surpised Peter Simpson has let it get into this state, as he has always been seen to be able to balance the books, unlike a certain Martyn Deaner who we are well rid of.

If Windsor do go up the costs need to be managed even more so, as there would be more traveling and all the other costs of playing at the next level.

Windsor now have an uphill battle if they want to win the leauge, with the number of games still to play and the recent blip in form - all they need now is the presure of financial issues and unpaid players wages.

As for Woodys comments about Jarvo, that is why I do not want him at Slough as he has bleed too many clubs dry and the same will happen at Burnham!

Woody and co look at the setting up of a supporters trust, just in case the fans need to step in and pick up the pieces.

So have you set up a supporters trust yet? - 6 months on and you are even deeper in the Muda and everyone is waiting for a fairy godmother to turn up - as supporters and the main "owners" of the club get in there and take control of your own destiny.

Actually you can blame whoever is guilty of not paying the taxman rather than the humble fan who just wants to support his local side!

Even with all the will in the world i cant see the 20 or so fans who are 'hardcore' enough to go to events etc raising £48k in just over a month.

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/sport/article-18090-royalists-under-threat/

Thats not a dig at the humble fan who just wants to see 90 mins of football every other saturday by the way. I'm enjoying doing that it myself!