Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keeping it *really* interesting...

dansilk

Serious question, because I don't know the answer...

...but is a part of the tenancy agreement that W&E staff should ensure the pitch is maintained for Bedfont's use?

The way it has been explained to me in that past is that the reason the pitch looks so bad for BG's games (and I have been down for a few) is that BG can't afford anyone to come down and put a roller on the pitch in the days preceding their games.

If it is supposed to be W&E's responsibility to miantain / prepare the pitch at all times then, quite frankly, it is a disgrace that they / we are not fulfilling that part of the bargain. If it is not, then BG don't have a leg to stand on when complaining about the state of the pitch.

I think a 'clear the air' meeting with Peter Simpson so we can all get the facts from him will be best to stop chinese whispers as i've heard quite a lot of stuff today which is very very interesting.

IF BG ARE late paying, which i have no idea if they are or not, it's not like they are the only club late on payments at this level. Happens to everyone. Club has been living on a knifeedge for as long as i've been watching. I'd rather the money we spent on the jarvos and Holsgroves of this world of gone on a new clubhouse but there we go.

We apparently have a decent budget for the level above let alone this so it asks the question Why are we doing that? Only Peter knows and if he wishes to keep it that way fine but that wont quell the many many rumours going around at the moment and people coming out of the woodwork to have sly digs.

We apparently have a decent budget for the level above let alone this

Thats probably a bit of an understatement Woody!!!

Weymouth have recently slashed their Conference South playing budget from £10k per week on gates of 600+ so for your chairman to expect anything other than financial trouble now is a little bit rich isnt it. Fair play to your chairman to put in so much of his own money in (presumably his investment is non returnable?) but for him to not foresee this trouble is a little short sighted.

As you say, a clear the air talk is very much needed & itll possibly come out that its your chairman who's in financial trouble to the extent of no longer being able to bank roll the excess in wages????

Good luck to you W&E.

Edited by southwestred

Out of interest what exactly do the Bedfont Green lot think the pitch is going to be like with the worst Winter for a long time and 3 sides playing on the pitch? It's hardly going to be a bowling green especially when the pitch has little time to recover. It's one of the many downsides of you not having your own ground. There is worse pitches in our league and locally so thats slightly unfair in my eyes. Our game was off due to the heavy downpour Saturday AM even the best groundsman in the world couldnt of done anything about that! The fact the forkers stopped at 11 shows the state it was in. Afterall we spent 5 hours doing the pitch before the hungerford game after it had been under snow for about a week and a half and it wasnt as bad as yesterday!!!

Out of interest what exactly do the Bedfont Green lot think the pitch is going to be like with the worst Winter for a long time and 3 sides playing on the pitch? It's hardly going to be a bowling green especially when the pitch has little time to recover. It's one of the many downsides of you not having your own ground. There is worse pitches in our league and locally so thats slightly unfair in my eyes. Our game was off due to the heavy downpour Saturday AM even the best groundsman in the world couldnt of done anything about that! The fact the forkers stopped at 11 shows the state it was in. Afterall we spent 5 hours doing the pitch before the hungerford game after it had been under snow for about a week and a half and it wasnt as bad as yesterday!!!

If you pay for a facility you expect it to be fit for purpose. If all the Windsor games had been called off as well, then I could understand it, but they weren't.

And as for saying that Bedfont can't afford anyone to come and roll the pitch etc, you don't pay £15k a year (not including bar and food that Windsor get 100% of) for a facility and then have to pay some one to look after it for you as well. What kind of landlord is that? You only have to look at the Cirencester post earlier to show that Bedfont are paying nearly 3 times what a conference side is paying and Cirencester have far better facility.

The people that have posted above as well, would know if Bedfont are up to date or not in their payments, and they say they are. Windsor need to get there house in order or they'll lose a damn good tenant, and will have no chance of survival at the above levels.

Strange all these people coming out for a dig at this time, woody you presented them with a gift, From a managers point of view you cant blame Scotty for trying to get the biggest budget he can that is the managers job and yes of course he is ambitious and he will be long gone from windsor in the next season or two anyway. It is the chairmans job to be strong enough to tell the manager for the benefit of the club that the budget is set and there is no more. The problem with chasing the dream even at non league level, i would rather be in the combined counties and a well run club with sensible wages and players who want to play for the club than a season or two of glory.

I would be surprised if BG are paying 15k a year when they are always pleading poverty, shame you dont get some of your people to be a bit more active to try and get your games on rather than moan all the time.

It depends what the agreement between landlord and tenant was surely?

If we did not undertake to prepare the pitch for BG's games then they can "do one".

If we did, and have failed to deliver, then it's a poor state of affairs.

As is normally the case in this type of issue, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Reading have had a similar problem with the Madejski pitch due to the groundshare with London Irish, definitely (IMHO) a relevant factor in them not achieving auto-promo last season. But you take the money and suffer the consequences I'm afriad.

All in all, as a fairly new supporter to WEFC, I find all this money-related distraction rather depressing.

I know we are far from unique in this situation, (Totton are probably worse off from what I am told) but It just makes me feel that the playing side is likely to fall apart at some stage in the next few months. Let's hope the current squad can keep themselves sufficiently focused in the next 3 weeks to deliver the temporary glory we crave before the full implications of mismanagement truly hit home - as they surely will.

Edited by Rother

I would be surprised if BG are paying 15k a year when they are always pleading poverty, shame you dont get some of your people to be a bit more active to try and get your games on rather than moan all the time.

When have Bedfont 'pleaded poverty'? On the contrary, I think you'll find they have paid early to help Windsor out on a few occassions. Part of the agreement is that W&E look after and prepare the pitch. You shouldn't have to pay for a service and then do it yourself.

Oh and I'll think you'll find a fair few of the board have been down there at lunch times for mid week games forking the pitch etc to try and get the game on.

It depends what the agreement between landlord and tenant was surely?

If we did not undertake to prepare the pitch for BG's games then they can "do one".

If we did, and have failed to deliver, then it's a poor state of affairs.

As is normally the case in this type of issue, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Reading have had a similar problem with the Madejski pitch due to the groundshare with London Irish, definitely (IMHO) a relevant factor in them not achieving auto-promo last season. But you take the money and suffer the consequences I'm afriad.

All in all, as a fairly new supporter to WEFC, I find all this money-related distraction rather depressing.

I know we are far from unique in this situation, (Totton are probably worse off from what I am told) but It just makes me feel that the playing side is likely to fall apart at some stage in the next few months. Let's hope the current squad can keep themselves sufficiently focused in the next 3 weeks to deliver the temporary glory we crave before the full implications of mismanagement truly hit home - as they surely will.

Any of these such agreements will have the landlord making sure the pitch is playable and that the service being paid for is provided. Windsor fail miserably on this. The money side is depressing and will get worse as the Non-League Paper today confirmed that Bedfont will not be there next season.

I think those that know nothing should say nothing and those that know something should show a bit more decorum !!!!

And I think the people that promise something as part of an agreement should honour it. Unfortunately you can't always get what you want.

Hi Windsorian - I agree with your secretary's comment and think enough is enough on this subject, but will say that the figure was published on your official website (probably still in the news archive) at the time of signing and has been honoured in FULL for the past two seasons. We've enjoyed our time at Windsor so it's a shame that some mischief-makers are choosing to use this website in an attempt to damage our credibility and attribute us to some of WEFC's publicised current financial problems.

Edited by Green Pea

Hi Windsorian - I agree with your secretary's comment and think enough is enough on this subject, but will just say that the figure was published on your official website (probably still in the news archive) at the time of signing and has been honoured in FULL for the past two seasons. We've enjoyed our time at Windsor so it's a shame that some mischief-makers are choosing to use this website to attempt to damage our credibility.

Even if i knew that you never paid on time i wouldn't publicise the fact on a MB but as you say you have always paid on time if not before. I was just expressing surprise really that you would pay 15 k a year, slough left because the rent was too high for them and got a better deal elsewhere for half as much. But the comment 'BG are behind on the rent' was bound to get people annoyed.

Hi Windsorian - I agree with your secretary's comment and think enough is enough on this subject, but will just say that the figure was published on your official website (probably still in the news archive) at the time of signing and has been honoured in FULL for the past two seasons. We've enjoyed our time at Windsor so it's a shame that some mischief-makers are choosing to use this website to attempt to damage our credibility.

Even if i knew that you never paid on time i wouldn't publicise the fact on a MB but as you say you have always paid on time if not before. I was just expressing surprise really that you would pay 15 k a year, slough left because the rent was too high for them and got a better deal elsewhere for half as much. But the comment 'BG are behind on the rent' was bound to get people annoyed.

Well that is why some go on these websites isn't it, to spread rumours and gossip and try to provoke reactions.

Is there an echo - I am sure I have heard this all before?

Slough were (somtimes) paying 25k a year - the pitch those seasons was pants too!

Our last two games yesterday and Tuesday at SYCOB were both on so I can understand the frustration of both BG and WEFC fans as to why so many games have been off.

Woody is right to raise the concerns about living beyond your means and to hold both the Chairman and Manager to account in the way the clubs (remember the fans are central to the club) money is spent.

I am surpised Peter Simpson has let it get into this state, as he has always been seen to be able to balance the books, unlike a certain Martyn Deaner who we are well rid of.

If Windsor do go up the costs need to be managed even more so, as there would be more traveling and all the other costs of playing at the next level.

Windsor now have an uphill battle if they want to win the leauge, with the number of games still to play and the recent blip in form - all they need now is the presure of financial issues and unpaid players wages.

As for Woodys comments about Jarvo, that is why I do not want him at Slough as he has bleed too many clubs dry and the same will happen at Burnham!

Woody and co look at the setting up of a supporters trust, just in case the fans need to step in and pick up the pieces.

It's called a "Discussion Forum".

Thoughts, views and opinions are all fair game - the greater the diversity, the more interesting the Forum becomes, and that can, in its way, help to keep the interest in and develop the passion for the club.

If anyone is deliberately telling porkies to destabilise the club then they should be shown the door, but this is the age of the internet and stuff that used to be confined to pub and terrace exchanges are now made public.

Like it or not, that is reality. Live with it.

Windsorian- Someone would of brought it up if i didnt. This could be a major event in the short term for this club

WindsorSec- Tittle tattle goes on all the time as i'm sure your aware. A statement from the powers that be would kill it dead if done correctly

StainesRebel- It seems Peter is happy to put his own money into wages, fair enough as players not on contract would be shown the door if he decided to pull that money out, but the issue seems to be that Keith Scott has spent an extra £35k that is unbudgeted for...in other words forcing Peters hand....at least thats what it looks like from the outside

The talk has been for a few months of a budget cut next season and now this looks a dead cert. Has there been a mix up down the line or has Scotty overspent on purpose to fund the team?- Yet another thing that Peter could make clear.

Plenty of other rumours that havent made it online and i wont be the one to do so but its come from good sorces.

Either way Peter Simpson still has the backing of every fan i've talked to and will fully support any sensible action he takes!

You make some good points. Obviously also important enough for Peter to talk to the press about. So we all know that windsor and slough are the two teams with the biggest budgets.

It just makes me think about the timing of it all at a crucial time, i know its more important than winning the league but to have put that money in and then fail at the last hurdle would be even more of a waste. Guess we will see next season either way which players really want to play for the club and those who are chasing the money.

Now isn't the time to be airing our dirty lining in public. Let’s be honest only a very small handful of people know the real truth, everybody else is just speculating.

I know this is a forum and the idea of it is discussion but I do think people need to stop posting "rumours" even if they believe them to be true, as this is just having a adverse effect on the club at the moment.

All I will say is I have faith in Peter Simpson, he helped save the club for extinction not so long ago and has put his heart and soul into the club over the past couple of decades. I'm sure he would never knowingly put the club into any danger.

Whatever course of action Peter takes from here (if of course any is needed) I'm sure will have the best interests of the club at heart.

Keep the faith people!

Windsorian- Someone would of brought it up if i didnt. This could be a major event in the short term for this club

WindsorSec- Tittle tattle goes on all the time as i'm sure your aware. A statement from the powers that be would kill it dead if done correctly

StainesRebel- It seems Peter is happy to put his own money into wages, fair enough as players not on contract would be shown the door if he decided to pull that money out, but the issue seems to be that Keith Scott has spent an extra £35k that is unbudgeted for...in other words forcing Peters hand....at least thats what it looks like from the outside

The talk has been for a few months of a budget cut next season and now this looks a dead cert. Has there been a mix up down the line or has Scotty overspent on purpose to fund the team?- Yet another thing that Peter could make clear.

Plenty of other rumours that havent made it online and i wont be the one to do so but its come from good sorces.

Either way Peter Simpson still has the backing of every fan i've talked to and will fully support any sensible action he takes!

Lets call it right. For a start, I can confirm as I hope Windsor Sec can, that Keith Scott has not overspent the budget by a single penny and any comment to the contrary is singularly incorrect. I can also state that the overspend on the budget is based around infrastructure costs such as replacing floodlights, generator costs due to the mast issue, and one other major cost. The players, staff and chairman met and have sorted it out satisfactorily but for people to immediately assume that Scotty has overspent is incorrect. In fact if the truth be known, the budget for the last 2.5 years has been less that Simon Lane's budget was and it was KS who advised the chairman to reduce it for this standard of football. The mgt team are careful with Peters cash- just to set the record straight. Thanks